Botting. Stop banning start embracing?

If you can’t handle people not understanding a point because you aren’t always clear or things are misunderstood. Then please don’t take part in forums or any public form of debate.

Also permanent bans do not result in any reform at all from players. It has been found to be an ineffective measure.

5 Likes

If Blizzard gets reports of bots, and detects all the others using those bots they aren’t going to give them sanctuary somewhere. They are going to punish the accounts for a period of time.

Moving those bot accounts somewhere else would serve no purpose, imposing restrictions on them etc serves no purpose. You break the rules, you suffer the consequences. People don’t bot as a playstyle they do it to gain advantage. To level without having to do it themselves, gain resources without having to be present at the PC, to sell the gains of their bots harvesting on the AH. Not to mention we can convert gold into battle net balance or buy game time. Blizzard are never going to sanction cheating in this way.

There is also difference between Botting and Multi Boxing. Controlling a character with a load of others following is not against the rules. It’s not supported but it’s not against the ToS. Using software, or scripts etc they perform actions on the account in the lead which are duplicated on the other accounts. Multiboxers can be found in Classic and in Retail.

1 Like

Sure let’s turn this into mobile game cuz why not? Or become the next NCsoft. Where in Lineage 2 the game is flooded with bots despite the company states it’s against the rules but they do nothing :joy:

It’s a no for me. That would make lots of people unsubscribe, including me. I pay to play MYSELF, not for the game to play ITSELF.

1 Like

I know. They were ridiculously exaggerated “suggestions” to illustrate the sheer absurdity of what this topic is about, and to voice my displeasure with the mere idea of accepting bots.
So, sarcasm!

1 Like

Bots are never okay, under any circumstances. If you are caught botting for any reason, you deserve to have all your progress wiped at the very least. Full account clearance, all characters deleted permanently.
And that’s just in case the ban you get ever expires.

3 Likes

Thanks Punyelf ^^

Id like to see people actually go with the idear and write cons/pros on what would ruin or make the game interesting/fun around the topic which is about Bots/automated gameplay.

Its easy to point a finger but it takes some energy to put in thought/idears and use the imagination for what could be a solution for something and a bad thing for other parts of the game.

Id like to point out that right now WOD table missions can give WOD raid gear and some random transmogs.

WOD and Legion is/was imo test on how a bot system could be implented.

A player schoud imo be engaged in current content while having the oppertunity to collect old transmogs/pets/mounts.

Having bots doing it by a map with a special interface could be a way of making something being automated. I see the cons and pros. Doing it in REAL TIME could get some interesting content. Enabling pvp on Bots and you will have clashes of bots everywhere on Azeroth. They could be screwed/dumped down so normal players could interact/engage in fights like you see in the Darkshoreo/Arathi Highlands events. Could even lower the droprate on items so it takes longer to collect for bots but giving a player better droprates.

I see a market break and a new rise. I see again the cat and mouse fights. Exploits/cheats will always happen.
But in my eyes Blizzard is having to hard a job and could be relieved by implenting systems that make old content more accesable for people who enjoy the current content. Killing a market for gold sellars.

Having ingame tokens has imo been the worst idear that Blizz ever did.
People going for gold instead of quality game is just heartbraken.
Why pickup herbs for 10 hours when you could play with friends/guildies in engaging content? Just because you want that token so you can play for free.

I would rather pay and have a quality game experience than having the oppertunity to play for free and making it a quantity game experience. And yes if i can save 13$ per month i will force myself to go pick some herbs so i play for free ^^

So guys. What could be good and what would be bad?

I usually go isle of thunder and see a bunch of druids on a set path and do what rogues do: gank them. They Rez and repeat what they are doing.

These are multiboxing-bots and I have reported 6 of them. I will go tonight to isle of thunder and see if they are still there. If they are it means Blizzard has loosened the rules to incorporate bots.

1 Like

A multitude of people have already responded saying that the idea to legalise botting is not only a bad idea but one that the majority of players would not want to be part of. All you do is try to change the topic back to trying to justify making bots legal.

People need to keep on reporting cheaters - not make cheating legal. Yes bots will never be removed totally as there will always be some people seeking to abuse the system - sadly that is human nature.

5 Likes

Thank you Rasoma ^^ And Rasoma i am also trying to tell people not to point fingers or make negative conclusion about other players or interaction on game styles.

Give room for people. Many people dislike adding their idears if they already see how it gets flamed before even posting ^^

I am not trying to change the topic? AND i am not PROMOTING bots. Facts before pointing fingers m8 ^^ Ask me before you post what i think, trying to be open minded and see if there could be made solutions that could benefit the player and the community.

I don’t really equate the mission table with botting. It was a system of followers you had to level, with different skills that you could choose to send on missions.

One of the biggest complaints about the mission table in Warlords was that the followers were the ones going out doing things and we weren’t. It was also felt too compulsory and people didn’t like it. So slowly over time it became less and less . This expansion it is probably the most optional and least impactful. They’ve even removed things like being able to get an extra re-roll token. We can’t get raid gear any more. It used to unlock missions for an gear relevant to your raiding experience. So x number of mythic kills were required to clock you up to a mythic cache.

The in game tokens do allow people who find it too expensive to pay a sub to play for free. They can grind their way to play. I have friends on low incomes in East European countries who really appreciate this method. The other bene fit of being able to buy gold in game is that it made Warcraft a lot more secure. People stopped risking their accounts using third party dodgy gold sellers. Some sellers would later hack the accounts they had sold gold too with the information the buyers had given to them to do the transactions. It has removed the gold spam from trade. These days it’s a sea of boosters instead :laughing:

2 Likes

Who are you to tell people not to point fingers and make negative comments about a practice (using bots) that has ruined the gameplay of countless MMO players over the years ?

Not to mention that it’s a practice that is not allowed in any MMO I can think of.

The answer/solution to the issue is to remove or dissuade the cheaters and leave the game to be played by people that accept the rules and the challenges.

6 Likes

If they were to allow botting it would increase the number of bots. It would have a huge detrimental affect IMO.

1 Like

I know bots have ruined MMO´s and is ruining some parts of Wow even now :slight_smile:

The topic here is not what have/is being ruined, but actually how a solution could counter bots so they stop ruining the game both economy AND gameplay ^^ and keep players actively engaged.

On track!
Blizzard after 15 years still get BOTTERS who ruin the economy and actively have gold sellers.

Solutions? Bots/companions, More dynamics? (maps changes, patch,roads etc. While flying is disabled), Individual servers that changes around dynamics so patch cant be programmed for bots?

Solutions and reactions. Pros and conts. :slight_smile: cheers

Murder is illegal. Still, some people murder.
So why don’t we just legalize murder? If we can’t completely prevent it, why is it illegal in the first place?
Sure, society would propably collapse at first, but once everyone is dead nobody would be able to murder anyone anymore. So it’s basically a win win situation.

1 Like

Not going to discuss murder. Or if people schold be legally armed to defend them selves for their own human rights.

Pls focus on the topic

I made an analogy to show you how insane your suggestion is.
There will never be a rule that can be completely enforced. There will always be people who break a rule. That does not mean that we should just remove that rule.

3 Likes

Again comparing Pixels in a game which schould engage people is far from a comparison with a Murder.

If this topic is as insane as a Murder something is truely wrong with whoever feels that way by reading this content of this whole post :slight_smile:

I agree with you.

It’s like oh look some Athletes cheat and use performance enhancing drugs. They are tested and punished but there are always more Athletes being caught. Oh well shall we just allow it then.

No ofc not. The answer is always NO.

I can not understand anyone wanting botting to be allowed in the Terms of Service. It makes no sense.

5 Likes

Okay than just exchange murder with tax evasion.

3 Likes

Thank you Lumpumus ^^