Botting. Stop banning start embracing?

There’s one thing for certain, you are NEVER going to stop people trying to cheat.

There is no ‘solution’ other than for Blizz to continue taking action against those that use Bots (and other forms of cheating).

What you’re asking for is some utopian ideal that will never happen.

Also please stop using the companion/mission table/garrison system as an argument, those have absolutely nothing to do with bots, so please stay on the subject and stop trying to derail this thread by mentioning them

4 Likes

Mission boards was used to get items both gear/transmogs. By sending a program to get it for you aka a bot. So yes going to take them in on arguments.

ALSO people had 1 companion/Bot in both WOD and Legion that would follow you around auto DPS/Heal/Tank for you. So yes another argument to take in on the very topic.

:slight_smile:

You want to write an open question to the community, and have a discussion further more you want solutions… And yet, all I is get the feeling, that you have something that annoys you, and you just want to win this.
This is your own first con :point_down: and yet you say it will be fine :no_mouth:

When I played Lineage bots/gold sellers destroyed the economy, it was impossible to reverse it… And I highly doubt it can be possible to get the economy back even if Blizz decided to act upon it.

In pure honesty I have never seen a bot in WoW… I have come across bots in other games, they do have a certain way they play and I report them whenever I come near them.

Now I do know that it doesn’t mean they aren’t in this game, but to say they increase as much as you imply they have, would mean a lot more players would notice and shout out about them.

Please tell me what I as a player is intended to do when I send my bots away?

As it is, I fail to see any pros, and you really haven’t provided anyone yourself (I have read every response) - please give me another :slight_smile:

This con I have is not a fact, just my imagination from what you write:
The playerbase is torn between the LFR-tool, saying it destroyed the community as a whole since no one talks anymore.

If we get a bot-game then we get a LFR tool that destroys the little community we have left, because now we really don’t need anyone in this game… We are just us and our bots.

You mention the mission boards… I really hate those, and avoid them like the plague every time I can - if this would be the reality of the game, then I would stop playing :unamused:

I have to say I a not as enraged by bots in WoW as I haven’t met anyone that destroyed my gameplay or simply ran around where I was running… But when I do I will do as I always do report, report and report… and if they are flagged they get killed, killed killed so much they won’t have been able to do as they were programmed to

4 Likes

I get the same vibes from him almost like he is hiding the fact that he’s cheating himself and is trying so hard to get it accepted so he won’t be in trouble honestly that’s how I feel about it maybe it’s a bit tin foily argument but that’s all I’ve got from all of this from him at the moment.

3 Likes

:smile:

Roaming this forum does somehow gives one those conspiracy thoughts from time to time :wink:

I don’t think I got those vibes, but I am just all in to brain storm this idea… But to do that, every idea has to be accepted and then we can pick them apart after :blush:

2 Likes

It sure does I don’t deny this but still it makes you wonder the mentality of a person at some point hmmmm :thinking: and honestly you are not wrong we have to take all opinions onto consideration before making the final judgement :blush:.

1 Like

Great threads guys ^^ thanks for commenting and giving up your thoughts and experience

Apreciated :smiley: and again thx for pointing me out, shady, conspiracy

Its very interesting to see how people react on this thread and the author ^^

When you send your bots away an example could be that you participate in battlegeounds, raids, events, where bots could be disabled ^^ in the current and newest content. Some examples.

Darkshore and Arathi events ALSO makes you able of hiring 2 bots for the event. Yet another example where a bot enhances your gameplay ^^

I see, so you would regard Hunters pets and Warlocks minions as bots too ?

It seems to me that you want to play a game, that you don’t need to actually play ? That isn’t WoW, there are plenty of mobile games that would suit you so why even suggest that WoW be turned into a totally different type of game ?

As I’ve already said, dumb suggestion.

Only vibes I’m getting is that this is an elaborate troll. It is the weekend after all.

I just want to play the game and enjoy whatever content Blizzard comes up with ^^

Telling people is dumb or come with dumb suggestions is imo dumb. Because a person ask questions and suggest new things that could change some aspects of the game and still be able to keep an audience entertained and engaged while getting rid of some gold sellars. Or atleast making it harder for them.

I dont know how you think but im glad that i can agree to disagree on your opinions and meanings about me and what i want and dont want. What you write states that you clearly have 0 idear ^^

Yet again Whipsey id like to see what your solutions is?

Blizzard current strategy is NOT working.

Lastly can we agree that EVERY program that lets a player automat it, is a bot? Companion, Pets, Hired mercenaries? Might not be customizable but you can atleast choose a premade character/pet

It is. Not perfectly, but it is working as good as possible.

I’m now at the point of urging everyone to move on from this thread as no amount of counter argument will suffice. All he does is throw a titbit now and again starting off with “Great response (insert name here)!” then proceeds to repeat it’s same easilly destroyed argument time and time again. Stop smashing your head off a brick wall people and let the OP carry on deluding itself that mission table followers are even remotely the same as having the entire game be played for you by automated software

And for gawd’s sake bin this thread mods, it serves as much purpose and is as much use as a chocolate kettle.

2 Likes

xD this is why i didnt even to bother to comment on this topic so far.

suggesting to allow botting because a handful of people will try botting anyway.

It makes no sense, and more so this topic sounds exactly like one of those typical lines “i’m just asking for a friend, its not for myself i swear”

3 Likes

Yep I called it long before people realized that because seriously it sounds like he’s advocating it because he uses it.

1 Like

Souldefiler
If thats all you get from this thread then peace with it ^^ good day

Oldmanbarry
Cba commenting on your comment ^^ going to leave it as it is.

Halicos
Stating that i use an illegal program is just plain stupid ^^ not going to comment it any further.

First off, I’ve not called anyone dumb so cut the false accusation please.

Secondly, you’ll never get rid of gold sellers.

Thirdly, there is a solution and it’s already being used by Blizzard in their policy of banning botters so there is no nee to come up with a ‘fix’ for something that’s not broken.

Lastly, no we can’t agree on your comment about bots.

One of the problems here is that the OP’s definition of a ‘bot’ appears to be different from what the majority of us use the term for.

Oh, and if you want to see what my answer to the ‘solution’ question is then can I suggest you not only read my previous posts but make an attempt at understanding them as well.

It seem that in order to support you so called ‘rational’ argument you conveniently ignore any comment that is contra to it.

My opinions are NOT about you, I don’t care about you so why on earth would I want to waste my time with an opinion ? My opinions are about your rather silly idea that Blizzard should somehow encourage botting.

Every time people compare multiboxing with botting, Blizzard kills a vulpera pup.

I do not even know where to start. Maybe I should start explaining - or cross-linking my own posts about how actually multiboxing works. When I look at general vocal wow playerbase at times I ponder if some people manage to control their one character, less complain how I control my army.

1 Like

One big issue is that a lot of people seem to incorrectly think that Multiboxing and Botting are the same thing, this leads to misunderstandings and arguments due to ignorance of the terms used.

True. I am a casual multiboxer (at times I have handful of me’s and some times I don’t), but for example I do have 0 tolerance of botting and think every botter should be perma banned and swiftly. No exceptions.

Not going to comment it any further ^^ btw my first comment was not only aimed to you. It was aimed for all who wanted to comment or comments other threads. It´s the state of mind that nothing is dump but just different.

That seems to be true ^^
I do believe that every program that does something automaticly for you or plays parellel with you is a BOT its just limited in it it´s use. Companions/hired mercenaries/mission tables/pets.

The very topic is about if it schould be made legal to give the player´s tools of fully custom bots and/or some variety of automatic gameplay.
How it schould be implented and with what boundaries is up to the people who comment it. AND again in what variety.
If the game could be that people have fun in endgame content while the game arent getting influenced by bots/gold sellers that would be Utopia for me ^^

What and why imo is to kill the gold sellars markets and give gold sellers a reason NOT TO BOT in WoW and give the players the options to get something they can use for collecting old stuff/transmogs - This very topic is to implent what could be a system that reduce the amount of gold sellers in WoW.

Ive asked this as a question a few times ^^
I know most dont like the idear and just want to have it as it is.
Then peace with that ^^ i will not argue or dislike that.
I do just state and read that for 15 years botters is still coming back stronger. Botters and NOT multiboxers.

Ive also asked people to come up with idears to stop it.
If people have 0 idear, then i see no idear to comment it in a negative way.

Keep it sober and have respect for others. That is a thumb rule in all discussions cause all eyes/minds is different.

^^ good sunday out there