Bring back combat

And again, what is the issue? If people enjoy these specs, why wouldn’t they want them balanced? Balance is something secs should always be working towards in any video game. Saying it didn’t matter before is nonsense.
Besides, playing a spec you have fun with will always lead to good DPS more than playing the FOTM.

First, it’s an absolute lie. You lie to yourself.
Second, it’s not just about dps. Arenas are not just about dps.

It mattered way way less than it matters now, cuz in the past blizzard could make 1 spec viable for pvp, 1 for pve and 90% of the ppl were fine with that(I obviously don’t have any statistics for that, but I don’t remember that many ppl crying that some spec isn’t viable in pvp/pve as there are rn)

1 Like

Glad to see you have proof of my lie. Not.
There are tons of people here complaining about the viability of specs, like Ret Pally, Enh Shaman, etc, and I have experience playing with these classes, and they can pull far more damage than the majority of other players I come across, for the simple reason of; they enjoy their spec, they know their spec, and therefore pull far more out of it than someone who just rerolls to whatever is ‘the most viable’ at any one time.
And why the heck do you think Arenas matter any more than any other form of content? PvE content is the spine of WoW, it’s always going to be a higher priority for any player in the game. Even if they’re not just about DPS, I don’t see how you think the change to spec variation has made any issues worse.

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. Just because you think people complained less means absolutely nothing. Balance has always mattered, it has done even since Vanilla; the difference is, as devs have become more experienced in making games, and players have experienced more and more games with progressively superior balancing, player expectations have risen. And no matter how much whining goes on, that’s not going to change. Balance is expected, and that is not and will never be unreasonable.

I didn’t say that anywhere. I said that ppl complain not just about dps. For example viability of a spec in arena is not just about it’s dps output.

“They enjoy the spec, they know the spec” Every spec has 4 buttons nowadays, learning spec takes like 1 day, especially when it’s just pve rotation. You can learn a spec that is better and pull way way more than you ever would with underperforming one.

The amount of vining is important, because their human resource isn’t infinite.

1 Like

Then how does this even relate to Outlaw and Combat? It’s a non-argument in this case.

Reductionist nonsense. Learning the basic rotation is not learning the spec; application, improvisation, prediction and preemptive preparation are all essential and only come with experience. Good DPS requires you to understand where it comes from in your abilities and to be able to take advantage of situations to maximise it. To say all you have to do is learn 4 buttons is complete and utter nonsense.

I’m going to presume you meant to say whining instead of vining, but even then this sentence doesn’t make sense.

Regardless, I’m not interested anymore. This has devolved entirely from an actual discussion regarding Outlaw vs Combat, and continuing is bearing zero fruits.

sorry I can’t type everything I want to say rn because i’m on the phone and I don’t have consistent internet.
So i’ll answe on your whole message when i gonna get home

What I can say right now is that learning pve is not even close to be as hard as you try to make it seem. It literally takes to watch 1 class guide and 1 boss fight guide to perform good on a spec that you have never played before

1 Like

That is a horrible excuse to justify their inability to bring new revamped specs. 15 year old game has no resources to put in spec developments and instead invent new grinding systems every expansion that never work?

Blizzard is just putting their resources elsewhere thats why it reflects of game so much!

It was their idea to balance all the specs and make them viable. Now excusing themselves its hard just does not cut it.

3 Likes

exactly. They just made their own work harder for themselves

Well, devs chose the direction to take the players on journey of having different specs of same class who feel different. Thats a good idea in concept. Poor execution as, once again, put their resources in different aspects of game. Once you promote something dont give “its hard” excuse.

And learning a spec is faar different from mastering it.

In general Oulaw is a brilliant spec in idea, have been playing it two expansions and it feels rewarding in early days of expac, but spales poorly by the end. That needs to be adressed as well as RNG factor. Its easily addressable, but their progress is slow, way too slow.

I mean, Lilura is right, if you play and master a spec that you love to play you are going to do good damage and have a great playstyle overall, not the BEST damage or utility the class can offer, but great, because you put effort on learning the spec and getting the best things you can give to it.

Class fantasy gutted every rogue spec in its own way, utility wise they all suck unless your subtley rogue but even that sucks now for the most part.

Assa has a mundane rotation, outlaw is just sloppy in general outside of PVP/m+

and sub rogue is a CC bot since they gutted the cheese it brought to raiding/M+ if im not mistaken.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.