Bring back Metamorphosis to Demonology

The gameplay of Demonology felt so good in MoP and WoD(Pre nerf wod) , we had demonic leap , chaos nova ,demon bolt ,pets dots .There was so much burst and utility self heals with dark regeneration with healthstone , demonic leap baseline

I mean this is what im talking about

https:(space)//streamable.(space)com/r5nok6

Delete >(space) and you get a video how demo was back in the day

(MoP and WoD) Demonology warlock

i mean yeah puppet master idea sounds cool but i mean you are a freaking warlock geting possesed by the demon within unleashing agony on your enemies, all i wanna say it just felt really good compare demonology now , pets back then were more powerfull than they are now .

Introducing Demon Hunter is not an excuse for removing Meta from Demo locks

Tell me this logic in legion we had a follower that gave us green fire or green meta form and he could turn into meta and we couldn’t like our characters got dementia having memory loss forgeting their spells ffs .

I hope they bring meta back i dislike legion design Demo

91 Likes

I have said this before and I will say it again…

if feral druid and rogue can co-exist where feral is trying to be a rogue then there isnt’ any reason why demonhunter and warlock having melee and ranged meta form respectively .

I mean Illidan was supposed to have learned meta form FROM warlock in the first place!!!

yeah I love old mop demon spec, I hate the new one and believe it was gutted for demonhunter

49 Likes

So many voices… yet we are silent.

19 Likes

Sadly but true

10 Likes

and bring back demonic wings glyph of demon hunting / apoth , with neither plating passive , i tired of getting being dummy to melee

12 Likes

I never got to play demonology lock like it was in mop or wod etc, but it seemed interesting.

Summoning demons is not bad, the rotation is not bad, but i prefer using “my own” power.

4 Likes

agree with you

3 Likes

The general idea of puppeteer class isn’t that bad. What is bad that is ingame implementation of this idea - design wise, and tech wise (problems with AI/Game engine/Server delays/AI pathfinding).
If Puppeteer was implemented well enough, and there was no issues that are present today, we may let Metamorphosis go with easier heart, but since we struggle with INGAME tech issues, that prevent us from be on par with rest of the classes, the absence of Metamorphosis becames more painful.

7 Likes

What if, meta simply absorbed all of your summoned demons and empowered you, kinda like tyrant, but better. Your rotation would also change for obvious reasons, you would get demon bolts etc with a different condition.

5 Likes

I preffer just MoP version, simple(from tech standpoint) yet reliable spec, with gameplay depth and learning curve.

7 Likes

exactly my point

1 Like

Demo lock in mop and WOD was the BEST spec in the game they ever designed,flawless if you knew to play it properly!but as I said before,doubt we get anything anymore,we still done have our own battle stance …

18 Likes

if you think about it new demonology is basically just yet another slightly different affliction.

you press a button that summons a demon you have no control over that deals periodic damage to the target until the demon time runs out and unspawns or the target dies just like a dot.

this I mean dotmonology shouldn’t exist, you are right it should be more about commanding one really strong demon that is say 20% of your damage but you the player should be the rest

12 Likes

I agree with you 100% but! You know TBC and WotLK had some decent gameplay ideas of demonology and it’s talents. It really supported ideas behind demo, that you could play with any demon, any demon had it’s purpose in the game, and talents only outlined your personal gameplay.
I don’t say that gameplay was topnotch or polished, but class fantasy was strong.

4 Likes

Now its too late , blizz wont change it before/during Shadowlands

2 Likes

But still it is not a reason to be silent about things that we don’t like.

7 Likes

Sure thing :slight_smile:

They reverted Paladin and Shamans. At this point, they have no reason to not revert Demonology…And other failed reworks, such as SP or Survival hunter

5 Likes

They didn’t exactly revert shamans, they kinda merged the two together. Which i like.

Because i do like stormstrike resets, but i also like the other things. In shadowlands enhancement is looking quite good.

1 Like

Exactly my point , dont forget feral druids since feral will suck without all this borrowed power aka essences and corruption

1 Like