Bring back old classic Ashran

I just did 25 25 Brawl classic ashran

And I have to say it was absolute garbage, here’s the reasons why:

A: Less players. 40 40 was amazing. Yes there was lagg, but really was the solution to reduce players? I think not;
B: With less players even more important for everyone to know what to do and follow leader’s orders. If this doesn’t happen, don’t expect to make any progress in the next couple of hours.
C: Lower kills, NPCs don’t amount to the lack of players missing as it usually would have been with 40 40.
D: Every single people AFKing matters more than with 40 40.
E: Far easier for premade groups taking control.
F: Players thriving in battles and abilities flying all around constantly, all that is reduced. The amount of epic loot items looted and used are also related to the number of players to begin with. It’s not “EPIC” anymore, you don’t see multiple amazing spells or summons being cast anymore.
G: Spreading out even just a few players, matters a lot more than in 40 40.
H: Broken bones farm noticeably reduced.
I: Old Draenor achievements such as Nemesis, much harder to get because less players means also less variation of different quantities of played races getting killed.

All in all. Poor decision to make Ashran 25 25. Not to mention, yes the lags were bad at times, but anyone had the option to move out to a less laggy battle at all times. Now instead we have none of the greatness that made Ashran amazing. Now it’s just another sad PvP farm that no one has the patience to learn or deal with and instead either end up wiping and leaving, or just staying and AFKing, while others try to desperately do some random stuff spread out.

PS. There’s a reason why that old laggy classic wow was popular, and I hate to say that right now, it feels like Ashran is facing the same dilemma, where it has lost some of it’s great glory, just so it could be more smoothly played. But honestly, I personally made a lot more progress in the old laggy ashran, than in this smooth played ashran. So no, I don’t think this is in any way progress. The solution should have been found somewhere else.

5 Likes

I sign everything

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.