Bring back pvp scaling

Title speaks for itself. We all know what caused the massive backlash in pvp community regarding scaling in pvp, and it more than understandable, because when people abused the system by not equipping gear or using greens to skyrocket their stats and you were drown in numbers, that was unfair. I say it was sabotage from blizzard by “showing you players who’s the boss and who knows whats you want and what you dont want” and listening to so-called “voices of a community”, i.e. streamers, but that and the defiling influence of streamers is another topic for another time. Now we face the opposite situation, gear matters ALOT, and gear oftentimes define who will win and who will lose. The better geared player will drown you in numbers when you are both equally skilled, so situation got reversed in a way.
Way to fix it? Make gear not matter at all in the “instanced pvp”, i.e. arenas, battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds. You acquire two trinkets for a bonus and so that pve trinkets wont be abused in pvp, you acquire full pvp gear of any quality and it scales up to a certain ilvl, say, mythic raiding one (i would say the biggest possible so the pve players would not be, again, be able to drown the opponent in numbers, but that is up to discussion). Outside of pvp it retains its ilvl, so you wont be smashed into oblivion during wqs and in warmode, but being an actual “just for fun”, warmode, and with higher rating comes better ilvl overall so you wont be completely unable to pve if you wish to.
Oh yes and i know one of the first responses would be “look at this video where naked glad nails it”. They are glad tier players and of course they will find certain way to nail it, no doubt about it. But with the system i offer there wont be ANY losers, only winners - you retain your ilvl and character progression, and pvp, which is at its essense supposed to be the “fair fight between players and whoever’s more skilled wins”, will not be affected negatively in any way possible.

11 Likes

The only scaling needed in pvp is reducing the power of pve gear in pvp.

13 Likes

You from the past? How BFA is going?

But pve gear is not really good in pvp?

I’m not sure where you get that idea from or if that is bait, but no.

Pve gear isn’t better than the best available pvp gear in pvp, but that doesn’t stop a high pve geared player walking into arenas and bgs stomping on players who do not have the best pvp gear possible.

It might be better or not, i dont really care, i dont want pve players to stomp people in pvp like it happened in bfa. The vice versa is not possible and it is good.
As for the second part of your post - what is your point really? Because i absolutely cannot make sense off it really. Please do elaborate.

No, unfortunately i am unable to dumb it down for you any further than i already have.

Oh, you already lost your temper. Why did you even bother writing something if you are in a rage mode before the talk even begins? And you certainly are, otherwise you would put an effort into explaining your point of view. I openly admitted that i dont understand you, and here’s how you react.
TLDR if you need a hug just say so, no need to lash out.

arent all the top mythic raiders walking around full 226 pvp gear lol?

2 Likes

You tell me. I am not one to be honest. And i dont have max pvp rating so cant judge either.

why nobody want’s pvp scaling:

Mongol General : What is best in life?
Conan : To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

2 Likes

You did not solve the riddle of steel lol. Conan’s father perished for the very same reason. Crom laughs at you and your four winds from his mountain.

this is actually interesting

Since Conan freed himself from chains and killed Doom, it’s implied that neither steel, nor flesh, but will is the indomitable and stronger than former.

So it’s not gear that carries the pvp alone.
But the will to endure and overcome the odds.

In its purest form the player versus player should mean exactly that - battle of wits and will. Not steel and flesh, which transfers into the game in a form of gear and itemisation.

nope, players need steel to kill, flesh to wield the steel and will to act
if we would have only will, the game would by about philosophy, not pvp :]

that’s your argument, that was the riddle of steel
case closed my friend :slight_smile:

Please no, any kind of “scaling” being brought again will just ruin it for everyone that came back to the game BECAUSE the scaling was removed. That was one of the big selling points for me and many ohers. What they should do is make the ilvl gap a bit smaller, at least for patch 9.1 they can. 15 ilvls between the Honor gear and the max Arena gear would be reasonable ( 200 to 215 for example ). The gap between basic Conquest gear and Duelist is 26 ilvls, that’s definitely too much. There you go, problem solved, while still giving PvP players the satisfaction of progressing and being objectively stronger as they gain rating.

2 Likes

Just type “i win” next time and spare yourself an effort an self-humiliation next time, okay?

case closed my friend

The hastily declared victor is rarely a true victor at all. Like in your case. You attempt to compare wow pvp to conan the movie and its phylosophy, but suddenly its not about philosophy was transparent from the very beginning. Please do better next time.

Please no, any kind of “scaling” being brought again will just ruin it for everyone that came back to the game BECAUSE the scaling was removed.

Point out what was bad about it except its really bad implementation, which is easily fixed by anyone giving it a momentary thought?

make a gap smaller

Maybe remove it altogether with scaling instead?

still giving PvP players the satisfaction of progressing and being objectively stronger as they gain rating

You want it for what precisely? To stomp those who are less geared? If you are good, you can do it anyway. Re-read my post. My suggestion doesnt take away that power creep. You still gain it outside of instanced pvp. But in instanced ones where it truly matters it wont be present. Pretty simple.

30+ ilvl difference is too much.
It’s not competitive anymore.
I wouldn’t oppose scaling/templates/ilvl cap…

1 Like

Nah.

Scaling has no place in this game.

2 Likes

That is a very argumentive and reasonable post. Coming from someone calling me a troll in another thread. Hmmm, could it be a reverse tactic i wonder.