Bring back pvp templates

Gear should matter. Throw templates and similar systems to the trash bin.

5 Likes

I prefer middle ground. Gear matters, but difference between elite and newcomer shouldn’t be this big.

New player starts with ~200 ilvl, while people at this point have 213+. VERY often people PvE geared comes to PvP with their 220+ and annihilate low geared players. Add absurd amount of stacked cooldowns and there is no way of winning.

My solution - PvP is baseline upgradable to 220 and reaching specific ratings allows you to upgrade specific pieces to 226. Of course such gear shouldn’t be strong in PvE, so WoD system has to come back.

Current system drastically increases gaps between worse and better players. You have 1599 rating and you’re 6-7 ilvls behind players with 1600. Once someone reaches 1800 gap increases to 13 ilvls. All of this because 200 rating…

6 Likes

I disagree entirely.

However, I’d be happy if they added soloqueue and the lower brackets were reserved for undergeared/poor experienced players, with 2400+ players being locked and unable to drop their mmr.

bump every soloq post

There’s a reason why legion was considered the worst pvp expansion of all time by many people.

In WoW we kill the dragon to get the sword to spank the horde.

Find a new game if you don’t like it.

1 Like

No it shouldnt. This is RPG not compettive esport game. If you want to fix this issue ask Blizzard to remove difficulty levels so powercreep gets back to normal and we wont have this giant differences between low and high geared players.

Problem isn’t PvP templates…
Problem is the wide gap of Ilvl from a fresh lvl 60 to a level 60 end geared.
It’s insane.
You get like 100 ilvl difference in 1 patch.
previous expansions you wouldn’t even have this much of a difference throughout the whole expansion.

in TBC gap between fresh 70 and full SWP geared player was like 50 ilvls - currently freshly dinged has 160 and full geared player 226+. That’s 66 ilvls difference. I bet next xpac will have bigger gaps.

I think an ilvl template would be better.

Everyone scales to 200 ilvl and secondary stats adjust accordingly or stay the same I dont know aha.

another thomas berglund fanboy? wtf is wrong with all the mages named after “vurtne” nowdays.

Ye and the power difference was as monumental as it is now.

It wasnt. And TBC gear had no itemlvls so dont know where people het this 50 itemlvl nonsense. In TBC dps increases was about 100% differwnce between lvl 60 and fully geared lvl 70.

Thats kinda what you get when you crusade for more and more acessability. Like majority of current wow issues are symptomes of making game more and more acessible so.

You what now?

It’s so funny. In Legion there were countless cry topics about templates so in BFA Blizz implemented scaling for PvP. You’re gear still mattered, but a lot less. At that time, most of the topics was about “remove scaling, let gear be gear and let us stomp noobs” and Blizz obliged the crowd. In Shadowlands there is no scaling, and now we got these kind of topics.

It’s funny because all these players thought that they were the majority at the time.

PVP templates does nothing to stop that, it just auto assigned stats to you
Blizzard finally acknowledged versa as the desirable PvP stat by dumping it on PvP gear and a difference in versa is currently the biggest reason fresh 60’s get blown up and with how pvp templates work yeah those guys will still have more versa then you and will still blow you up, meaning you change nothing by implementing it while shoehorning every single pvper into a predefined set of stats they might not even like or simply doesn’t work with their current playstyle (I went from 4 builds in WoD to 1 because of stat templates). You’re still going to get a rough 50-80 ilvl difference between fresh 60’s and the average 60’s that have been played for a while

You should be able to get around 18% versa if you buy a full rank 1 honour set, which really isn’t hard to get, just do a few EBG’s so your gear matters less and you can hide within your group to quickly get the honour

Can you please stop trolling and being an idiot all the time? Every time you post something there is nothing positive or constructive about your approach. You just spew random hate for sake of hating others’ opinions. If you can’t accept facts then visit therapist, but I doubt there is anyone on this planet that can help you.

In TBC ilvls weren’t shown, but they still were there.
You compare 60 to 70… seriously?

Since SWP is treated as next tier after T6, 50 ilvls was spread among FOUR tiers. We have one tier now and it’s already bigger difference than in TBC.

I’d very much rather get the WoD gearing system than templates.

2 Likes

This. Good players get their gear faster but worse players will get the same gear sooner or later.
Good players also get their cool mount, their waaaay better looking pvp sets and the BiS weapon enchant.

I don’t really know what’s to dislike about that tbh. But then again, there are many people who like to “stomp them undergeared noobz”. Idk why people have fun doing that but to each their own I guess.

1 Like

I’m a super casual pvper in both WoW and GW2 and I always tought GW2 had a pretty neat system for pvp. You basically select a build with stats that you want and there are a number of builds available. Would be nice if Blizz could iterate on something like this.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Build