Buff Meeting Stones please

I dont like classic that much, but these were one of the features i like

Not sure why, i just did x)

Simple. I am always entering a dungeon because frankly i am already with 90% probality the only one with warmode on in my group and since i cant see non warmode people or vise versa you can figure out the rest

warmode has nothing to do with it really, you dont need wm for a dungeon so you can turn it off if needed. Even back on pvp servers summoning rarely was a issue. otherwise you can always put "wm on/off"in the title of the group finder

The reason you need 2 people to summon (wich used to be 3 in the past i think) is so people dont get lazier than they already are and expecting a summon. If only 1 person is needed to summon a group then people will get even lazier

Or put the summon stone inside the dungeon ?

8 Likes

no, what little of the open world is left is being destroyed as it is.

the problem is wm on/wm off, and people in different shards. it is NOT that summon stones need 2 people.

i would guess you started playing in WoD or later? maybe MoP at a push?

no nothing needs to be done about this, EXCEPT if sharding is causing the issue, which it often is. in that case the fault is blizzards again. if its wm, then you should check who has warmode while you’re flying. im sure you can stop by an inn on the way there and turn off wm otherwise.

Rest assure I played before that. Can you elaborate how changes in Summon stone will destroy open world? I am curious.

Summon stones are made for convenience in case you did not know it. People don’t like going to dungeons, they don’t like to travel. Blizzard fixed these issues by introducing summon stones.

The issue of WM has made this less convenient then it was before, in many occasions you will require 3 people instead of 2.

Now there are many ways of fixing this problem. One of these solutions is to change the number of people like I stated in this topic, make it one person to summon all, which again I think it will be a welcomed change especially for raid groups.

having played prior to the MoP generation, i would have thought you appreciated the system that used to be in place from tbc & wotlk of actually going to the dungeon you want to do. its not massively like we need to go to as many summon stones as we used to in the past, and as other have said, now flying is (finally) in, its only 2-3 minutes to most dungeons. but you are right, the open world is destroyed enough. whats one more element of rpg being lost at this point as blizz are going to continue down the path anyway.

yeah, in 2006 (i presume) with making marker stones summon stones needing 2 people. and we’ve been happy needing 2 people ever since. there is a difference between convenience and laziness. not saying you, but at least 1 other member of your group is lazy. like you said, people dont (now) dont like going to dungeons, when its easier than ever to get basically anywhere. cut the requirements in half, and we are half way there to making ALL instances clickable from a ui tab rather than ANYONE going to them.

but also, this change was made either at the start of TBC, or sometime into vanilla. there is a MASSIVE difference with 5 players all having to run to an instance, even mounted, on the other side of the world in Vanilla, compared to people flying 2-3 minutes in BfA. running from SW to dire maul for example could take a LONG time, and thats why people were not happy having to have all 5 people run there. there is a difference in maybe 20-30 minutes run compared to 2-3 min in bfa.

and as someone who (well, in the past, my heart for playing bfa atm is gone) WANTS to get to legacy instances faster because i was always farming collectibles, i would be FOR anything to make getting from instance to instance faster. but there are somethings which are just too far. some people have a go at collectors and other people wanting things a bit easier (like allied races or pathfinder) accusing them of “wanting everything for free.” well they are wrong in those cases, though this request would be more of the “free” they are going on about. i am surprised why there are none here screeching on like they do in other posts.

is WM.

there is one way. look at, or ask those in your group who has wm on or off. if the 2 people going to stone have different wm’s, then one with wm on just stops off at an inn along the way and deactivates wm. its not like being on/off wm INSIDE the instance will change anything?

This is not an issue at all with the short traveltimes we have now. They could put a summoning stone inside the dungeons though to solve the wm on/off issue…

2 Likes

People still use those? With flying etc? Crazy.

I thought about this also… I think it should also work.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624292416

Yea make again pvp server so that I have to don’t play anymore mi toons on kazzak and Tarren mill.

No /10 char

They can just move the stones to the instances or somehow fix the inconvenience for people that play with different modes.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the problem with WoW.

People like this.

1 Like

I’d say the guy who’s in Dazar’Alor, and wants a summon to BoD is worse, but that’s another side of the same coin I guess.

doesn’t exactly this makes it dead?
40 people rolling over 1 person, you surely have fun doing that

warmode is pure garbage

So are pvp servers, and this has little to do with the topic at hand. WM / pvp server, the same issue happens at the stones.

Maybe you should take your pet hate somewhere else.

Pvp servers never had the issue with 2 peoples at the stone that cannot summon, which is the concern that OP actually has.

I even played hordeside on aegwynn (mega alli server) and never ever was it impossible to summon at a meeting stone.
Now with garbage mode, most of the time you actually need 3 people to summon, because more often then not, the 2 people that arrives at the stone is one with wm and one without.

just plain annoying

it’s not like you have to run to the dungeon :smiley: Most of the instances you can take a gryphon to, within a few meters of the place! :smiley: If people are that lazy, I don’t want to instance with them anyway

Travel time within BfA world is very short - everyone can get there on their own. Also HS can be as short as 4 minutes, and is for many 9 minutes - there’s no excuse for people to slack off.

Stop changing game around lazy people. They can walk ! And within bfA walk is short. Even when you go to dungeon in area you have barely unlocked. I.e. from Zuldazar to temple - it is very short flight either with own mount or main’s unlocked flightpaths. The taxi mounts speed is pretty good in bfa.

I come from a Pvp server and summoning middle of opposite faction never was an issue. At times party vs party happened, but those were short fights people did, and 99% of times people just wanted to go do their dungeon instead wPvP.

or people could just stop being so lazy…

meeting stones had their purpose in the past when way to the dungeon was sometimes very long but in current wow they could even be removed completely.