Buffing dom shards is just as bad as nerfing them, if not worse

Players have been saying domination shards would suck since they were first revealed.
Yet you go on with it anyway. Then 4 weeks into the patch you plan to nerf their set bonusses for god knows what reason… And by some divine intervention you actually see the light and hear the player for once.

Now not even half a week later you plan to BUFF the very same sets you first set out to NERF for again… a purpose I cannot fathom. The entire point that was made against nerfing them wasn’t because players would lose or gain any power… it’s that people have already spent their precious time gathering all the necessary equipment and spending stygian embers on the unholy set. If you go about changing anything at this stage, it will upset that.

Just leave unholy be the end and all. Equality is no longer part of the wishes, should’ve done that 4/5 weeks ago before people started targetting any specific one. The system is bad. But there is no saving it. At this stage it should just be left alone :roll_eyes:

Nah, buffing is fine. At this point I imagine the majority of people who have their unholy sets also have all the other shards, its just a matter of getting the right pieces. And honestly, having the other two set bonuses be competitive helps in this regard since you’re not locked into just chasing that single helm.

And no-one can target anything since its complete RNG. This is why I believe its actually a good change to buff them. Unlucky people also have their chance at getting something that isn’t horrid.

I would agree with you if we were in week 0 (PTR) or week 1 of the patch. At this stage however its completely nonsensical to be changing anything. More of a kick in the stomach for the people that put their time and curriency into aquiring and upgrading the unholy set.

I don’t even care for me personally either, as I havn’t even gotten all the pieces for that set yet. However its the principle of it that has me so frustrated. Anyone could have seen this issue coming. Multiple warnings were given way before systems went live… and they went live just like that anyway. Thats why I’m upset.

I’m totally happy with this because I decided to wait for the inevitable tuning before I focused on one particular set.

i got a question about the shards though ?
the tooltips normaly go like this:

[Shard of Cor] Your damage is increased by 1.5 % for 20 sec after attacking an enemy you have not yet damaged.

[Shard of Bek] Your damage is increased by 1.5 % when you have 50% or more health than your target.

[Shard of Dyz] Damaging a target increases your damage done to that target by 0.25 % for 4 sec, stacking up to 3 times.

then why does Bek only Debuff’s the target thats 50% below my health%
and shard of Cor gives me a BUFF when i damage a new Target.

should shard of Bek not function the same way as Cor and give me a BUFF that my character is dealing *% more DPS since my Target is Below the HP% treshold ?

the reason why this wording/fuction of the shard is important to me is to do more AoE/Cleave.

becoase now its behaving like Shard of Dyz wich does state that it’s only on the target through the Means of a Debuff you have to refresh every 3sec’s and not just Your/character DPS.

i would like to hear your thoughts about this.

They work as they should?

One gives you more dmg when you have more than 50% of your target ( that means he has to be on 50% while you ar at 100%, or any other possible combination with difference of 50%) but that dmg apply only to target that has this 50% difference, not for anything else. Imagine it like execute on warrior u can “execute” only those targets with more than 50% hp difference, if u have aoe of 6 mobs, and only one has this difference, it counts on this one only.

On the other hand, cor gives you a buff that lasts 20sec every time u hit something new, this apply to player, not target, thus works on every target that player hits.

At this point it doesn’t matter system is out you can’t fix it by buffing or nerfing
it’s there it’s horrible
we can hope next time they will do no stupid things like that anymore
but who am i kidding :smiley:

1 Like

Yaaaay-…

Awh :frowning:

Sad but true.

See you guys when we start putting Ultimate Domination Sockets into new heavily inconveniencing places in our gear or something.

“This only works if you combine your gems in an L shape” or whatever…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.