Burn HIllsbrad canceled

Event canceled

A lot of the ZT community is trash as you can see as an example in this thread, disapointing.

I will not be doing further events.

3 Likes

Great idea! I will inform our guild and see how many are interested, tho I think those who are online at the time surely would be.

We shall meet in the fields of battle and make those hordies run, slipping and falling in their own blood!

1 Like

Nice, definitely joining after our weekly Onyxia kill.

1 Like

Uh-oh, mo…mo…more f-fighting in Hillsbrad? I’ll b-be h-hiding in the Undercity…l-l-last b-battle s-soured my t-taste for violence!

Oh w-well…r-r-tegardless of who wins or loses, t-the Corpse Wagons a-are bound t-to haul in s-some fresh m-meat. W-whenever the living fi…fight, the de…d-d-dead always win!

((I won’t be able to attended the event myself, but I will encourage my guides to attend. Good luck & have fun, everyone!))

2 Likes

be seein ya!

1 Like

“Just another day on the farm.”

2 Likes

I have some questions Reavan.

First of all isn’t it kind of unfair for the alliance to have main base with lvl 50 npcs, while hordes main base is filled with also lvl 23 alliance Npcs.

I would reccomend putting Hillsbrad fields as the main base for the alliance (objective would be in the town hall maybe?) with the mines and dalaran remnants/yeti cave as base? And instead of both teams attacking and defending at once maybe it should just be attack vs defense?

Then It will be time to have the deads walk the lands again.

The Disciples of Light have heard the call to arms and we shall rally what soldiers we can to aid in the defence of Hillsbrad. The hordes aggression cannot go unanswered and we shall stand with you.

Strength through unity!
For the Alliance!

3 Likes

no

Alliance has a major advantage then. and it makes no sense RP and IC wise for the horde to be holding 2 bases that isn’t theirs. Easy win for the alliance

1 Like

That’s how it is

I and my guild will come but you have been warned, this will get very messy.

1 Like

But that’s the point, right? To have big messy battlefield with corpses littering it as far as the ey… as far as the engine is able to render them :grin:

And in the end, does it even matter who wins and who loses. As long as people are having fun attacking the enemy and coming up with new tactics to possibly outflank their opponent, I think it’s a win-win situation no matter what the outcome may be :blush:

Also, even if it’s easy win for one side, think about all the heroic last-stand stories and memories those desperate fights create.

You’re more likely to remember them than those moments where you just steamroll the enemy with little effort. So in that sense, if horde has harder time trying to “win”, then eventually they’ll have much more awesome stories to tell, which means this event gave them more than it did to allies.

But that’s just my thoughts on this and I’m just some random lowbie, so not delivering any hard facts here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But thats the point, it will be a steamroll because it is Heavily alliance favored. There are soooo many thigns that can and will go wrong that I can’t even start listing. If horde loses in an instant it won’t be fun for them or us.

Also if this is an RP PVP, it must make sense in RP wise, and right now the holding of territories makes no sense at all.

1 Like

But if both have equal forces, wouldn’t it still be possible to fend off the attack, no matter what lvl guards there are? I mean sure, to have those higher lvl guards makes the attack more challenging so horde attacks are harder, but when they’re defending, they shouldn’t just end up being steamrolled if they have similar numbers as the attacker.

So it could come down to which side has better strategies. Perhaps horde is able to lure out most of allies defense force and then “sneak” in an attack which lets them take control of an outpost. Perhaps allies are fewer in number, or more disorganized.

Anything could happen. Big mess, like you said as well. Massively unfair battle where allies steamroll the event and horde leaves with bad taste in their mouth. Who knows.

But could very well be that they outplay allies. It’ll be hectic fight no doubt, so all plans are nice and fine until enemy is met. Who knows how it’ll play out. I for one hope for great fight and also hope it’ll be equally fun for both sides (allies should win tho, obviously… :laughing:).

But concerning the RP part… well, I think it’s more like “we have bragging rights to say we own the area in the forums, until the next fight” and not so much literally RPing it so that horde RPers couldn’t enter the area. At least that’s how I see that part :thinking:

1. Horde is defending places which is filled with alliance npcs, that will also attack horde ALL THE TIME. While alliance doesn’t have the same issue.
  2. The pvp aspect is very rushy and bursty. If you wipe out opposite faction ONCE, they require 5+ minutes to rebuff and regain posture again, in the meantime you can literally steamroll the rest of the places. The “gamemode” is very unbalanced in EVERY way.
  3. I’m not saying they shouldn’t enter the area as they can do it plenty OOC. However forcing RP rules yet making the gamemode completely RP unfriendly while the reward is “RP bragging rights” is very controvertial. Why would horde defend alliance city and mines?
2 Likes

Excellent initiative. Awful setup.
Reasons analyzed pretty well above.

3 Likes

Dunno, perhaps because they’ve recently conquered them and want to keep their claim. Who knows what goes on in their horde-brains :grin:

Nobody is denying that the horde got harder time attacking. Should they then just not come to this event, just because it seems unfair for them in a gamemode where there are no actual rewards from winning? If they get mad at how this thing is planned, they can just vote with their gametime and skip it. If allies are mad at the planning, they too can do the same. Nobody is forcing anyone.

And in war, things are not fair. Ever. Attacks are planned based on opportunity. They’re not fought like WW1/2 with crappy tactics, tho we could assume people in WoW lore are kinda just as stupid and have no idea about proper strategy or tactics.

Also, isn’t there supposed to be 10min “peace” between attacks to allow the losing side to regroup and rebuff? Or what did Reavan mean by that 10min timer?

Main thing here is: are we trying to argue about something that’s kinda irrelevant compared to what fun this event could be? If it is a bust, then people will learn and do it differently the next time (kinda like council meeting). If people have fun, then it has accomplished its purpose.

And lastly, I have to ask this… you got something against Reavan? Not my business of course, but he created an event with certain rules (could even call it a scenario… you know, to simulate certain… umm, scenario) and it is what it is.

Those rules could be changed, but for this scenario they are as written.

It’s like football… it could be different with different rules, but it’s what it is. So why point out things that are very irrelevant to this events rules? Just because you don’t like him?

1 Like

That is exactly what is happening, many of the horde guilds are saying that they won’t come because it is alliance biased, which it is.

This isn’t realistic, immersive, rp, fair, or anything really. And I hate to see such a potential go to waste and taht is why I’m suggesting changes. Also 1 person on an RP realm doesn’t decide such things as who gets to conquer a zone.

Games including football have evolved and made chagnes to the rules based on flaws.

I have nothing against reavan and again people have fun from different things, the event is done so it minimizes the chances of people having fun.

3 Likes