Burn HIllsbrad canceled

The community and the guilds are obviously going to be changing, especially in the first few months. Most guilds, big and small, have had the problem of people joining and leaving for raiding guilds. That’s natural and to be expected.

Either adapt and change with them, or be left in the dust.

Who could resist such well cooked beef! :exploding_head: No competition there…

But anyhow, apart from being lured in with :hamburger:, isn’t this been discussed enough? Event cancelled.

Sure, might not been balanced for horde, but still I can’t believe why get so salty about it. As if there was some epic loot rewards involved or something… sheesh, it was a WPvP event. Isn’t that enough to people, no matter who wins it?

Yes, sure, changes could’ve been made and all that, but at least it was planned event with objectives and if it was going to be a bust, we would’ve known afterwards. And then plan another. Now we’ll never know if it would’ve been fun or not. For it to feel unfair for someone isn’t enough reason to completely ignore it, at least in my books.

I’ll be creating WPvP events in the future and try to make them as fair as possible for both sides, but I’m 100% certain some will not like them and will throw in suggestions to fit their personal taste better.

Yes, suggestions were made and I guess ignored, because Reavan got tired about being “corrected”, I don’t know.

Perhaps next time show a little support and join the event? Then after that, when we see how it goes, give some feedback perhaps.

2 Likes

You speak too much sense for these guys Nat

I have my own projects for PvP events, but it’s something too grand and mind-blowing to unveil for the time being, and seeing how I like perfectly organized stuff there’s a crapton of work of ironing out to do before I throw it into the cauldron. Definitely however, you won’t wanna miss it when the time is right… stay tuned :wink:

It’s not the fact he ignored it, its the way he ignored it. This is classic server reputation IS EVERYTHING. Start acting like an idiot and you will be treated like so which makes events even harder.

I’ve yet to hear anything good about this guy, the fact he calls the community trash really sums him up.

2 Likes

That’s true that reputation matters. But reputations are based on opinions, and people get their opinions swayed towards certain direction all the time. It’s not always even based on personal experience, since what 1 person can experience, is very limited. And by “very” I mean it’s so small amount, you couldn’t be able to put a number on it on limitless scale.

Why do I say that? Because 1 person can’t experience it all, not even a fraction of it. You say you haven’t heard anything good about him? Does it mean he’s 100% idiot? No. If I say I’ve talked with him and he’s not actually an idiot, would you believe me?

You wouldn’t. Since us people tend to group with like-minded folks and when we do, our opinions will be swayed towards how the “general” population in that group feels. If you’re in a guild that keeps talking bad about someone, there’s a high probability you’ll end up agreeing with them, even if you don’t have any actual and personal experience about the subject. That’s just how we are.

That’s why saying something like:

Doesn’t show the real side of things. There are always at least 3 sides to each story: Yours, mine and the truth. And for some reason us people like to hold on to that “mine” part mostly. It’s an ego issue I think…

And if someone calls “community trash”, then you must understand people who say that don’t usually mean 100% everything. Can’t, since how can they know each and every person anyway? That statement could only mean that there’s certain “breaking point” to each person and when they wanna vent things out. We’ve all done it. And we’ve all done it in some public forum as well online, behind our avatars, since it’s easier.

Heck, I’ve done my share of venting, sometimes even over nothing. And I’m 100% sure you’ve done something similar too. Does it mean everyone need to blacklist that person then? Of course not.

Example: That discussion about certain guild and how they treated certain player (topic around the forum) is based on peoples opinions. Even saw some “avoid these people” posts there, just because someone had a bad experience with them. Personally, I don’t base my opinions on what others say, since before I have experiences of my own, I can’t say if they are bad or good.

And in my experience, they’re not bad, since I’ve done dungeon runs with their guildmembers and they’re just fine. Friendly, talkative and act well.

Now, is my experience the “truth”? It is to me. Is it the complete truth? Obviously not. So should people avoid members from that guild? I’d say no, and the person who had bad experience would say yes. Who’s right?

Naturally we’ll base our expectations on the person who we’re closest to, so… opinions eh? Damn them :sweat_smile:

And with that, if I say Reavan’s a good person once you get to talk with him, would you believe me? I mean, now you’ve heard something good about him, right? Has your opinion changed?

I’m fairly certain it hasn’t, since you don’t know me or have had a chat with me, and I don’t know you. But those you play with you do “know” and if they say he’s a bad guy, you will trust their opinions more, letting it sway yours as well towards “Reavan must be bad guy”.

But all in all, yeah there’s truth in how things could’ve gone better. People could’ve said things better and suggestions and how they were received might’ve been done slightly more “civiliced”, or whatcha wanna call it. But like I said, there are those times when you just think “screw it all to heck!” and vent it out.

Also, if someone says community is trash, I still don’t believe they mean everyone, so they might’ve not meant you at all. No need to take it personally. I know (ok I hope… :joy: ) he didn’t mean people in our guild, for example, so I won’t take that personally and that’s because I’ve talked with Reavan and I base my opinions on those talks.

So that being said, which of us has the “right” opinion? Concerning the “truth” side, who knows. But chances are, since I think he’s not a bad guy, you think I must be wrong and that you automatically think I’m not someone you’d like to have anything to do with. I’m not in your guild, I don’t belong to your “space” of like-minded people, my opinion doesn’t matter or is just wrong or biased or something, since because you have certain opinion, it’s hard to think anything else, because we all got those egos we gotta deal with. But keep in mind that not everyone think he’s an idiot. I don’t think you’re an idiot, even if you have opinions about stuff that might not be same as mine.

Ok, this was wall of text… sorry about that. When your vacation just started and you slept late and are drinking your “morning” coffee, you get time to roll your face over the keyboard… :sweat:

1 Like

Can you underline where exactly I was less civilized or rude? In my eyes it all started with him.

And I have huge experience with events like this and making gamemodes, I make a living out of it, and I had to suggest the changes and point out flaws because from my experience and researches I have seen how events like that fail. And even after his rude responses I still agreed to come just to support him.

Look at it like this: If I’m a chef and my friend is a rookie chef, trying to cook chicken medium rare and serve homeless people (a noble cause), I will point out that there is a huge possibility that they might get food poisoning and his event getting ruined. Giving the event a chance, without suggesting and pointing out flaws would be just that. And please if you are going to reply keep it short :frowning:

1 Like

I didn’t say your suggestion wasn’t civilized. The whole thing just escalated pretty fast. Like I mentioned earlier, perhaps Reavan just had enough and just wanted to see his event be played out, without people throwing in suggestions before it even happened. Yeah, suggestions are good, I’m not denying that at all. But to try and make the whole event quite a bit different than his plan was and not just go with “ok, we’ll see how it goes and give feedback on what to improve later” could be seen as undermining his plans completely (I used “could” since there’s more ways to see it obviously).

If you’re already having a bad day, something like that could easily push you “over the edge” or if there has been former arguments with you guys (I’m not sure, since I haven’t been through all posts) perhaps the attitude was already kinda biased, both ways. I don’t know, just guessing here for reasons that could be plenty.

Perhaps he wanted to create just that kinda event, learn from it himself (after the event ended and feedback was incoming) and improve next time and not change it completely before it even started, who knows right.

This also suggests that your attitude towards him is “he’s less experienced in these things so should be given few lessons”. Kinda like patronizing him… “aww, bless his noobish attempt to create something… but here’s how it should be instead”. I mean, not saying your attitude is that, but it could be seen as such. And some people don’t like that.

So that’s one way of looking at it, but there’s also more ways to see it, and that’s the thing with “yours, mine and the truth” part. 1 way isn’t the only way. I also tried to throw in few suggestions how the event could be considered RP and could be fun actually… a bit different view on it. But those were my views and not easily adopted by people who got other perspective in mind, so eventually they were kinda ignored. Which is cool, since they weren’t there to try force my views on anyone, just there to suggest to see it differently.

Sorry, I can’t keep it short! For all intents and purposes, you can just ignore my walls of text if you don’t want to see me write and suggest other perspectives. I can’t help it, I like to “talk” a lot… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You are a cancer on this realm, though I don’t really need to say that everyone knows that who reads any of your posts.

It’s all the talk, anyone who reads this and then talks to me about it comments on one aspect of this thread- you.

As for the rookie point you are trying to make, don’t make me laugh you little AD scrublet, I’ve organised 50 of these types of events before you even played probably.

You are simply disgusting. Keep at it though, you new alterac are letting your selves be known far and wide as a bunch of disgusting people.

When I say a lot of the alliance zt community is trash, New Alterac is a prime example of said trash.

Oh wow <3 I love you, whoever hurt you it’s okay. I hope you will heal with time.

3 Likes

Yeah yeah you think you are the big hard man troll remember as the other guy said ‘‘its about reputation’’ keep at it sweet cheeks.

As for reputation, ill always remember you came dragging your behind to me to be saved by a lower level because you sucked too much to deal with the horde on your own.

That’s my reputation.

Oh yes, I couldn’t beat 2 horde of the same level and asked for help? My badm should have known better. This last comment speaks so much about you <3

3 Likes

You should seek proffessional help mate, really thats all I can say to you.

4 Likes

Sure sure, come help your friend he needs it clearly hahahaha

__

Exactly what i meant, thing is the situation is true it happened.

So in essence it is true that is my repuation and your is what you made here.

And are you proud of the reputation you are leaving on this realm?

1 Like

Same as always you would not know being from a pve server

Okay love, have fun. Remember every next second of your life is another chance to start it over.

1 Like

Not really ill always be called this in some form, ill just look out for which ever lore charecter you decide to butcher next eh?

You seem to have real personal issues, seek help.

3 Likes

now its the AD RP police , who you gonna tell next to get your rocks off elisande??
Sadact.