Buy when stocks are down?

I’ll try the Mistweaver even though I fear I might regret it. Buy low as they say.

Output is great. Bit mana hungry though.

It can be fun but is just not forgiving and burns mana a lot meaning you should be prepared to drink often. In oppose to Monk, I don’t understand why Holy Paladin has a mana bar at all. I think it is a cosmetic feature to keep reminding Holy player they used to have mana.

1 Like

Why regret it? It’s a fun specc, quite versatile and decent at m+. If you play rising mist you won’t even need to drink at dungeons (unless its a stupid week like bursting now or grievous.
enjoy it and stick with it :smiley:

Pve is not that bad. Fistweave or die though.

PvP is pain.

That’s the reason why I don’t play the spec, I am not a fan of melee healing. I’d like to try to play mw, but a ranged version. I understood it’s basically fistweave or play something else :smiley:

That being said, brewmaster I love probably most of all tanking specs.

I mean… ultimately it revolves around Rising Mist being by far the best talent, and Ancient Teachings sometimes being the best legendary. You’re always going to want to be in melee and taking advantage of Rising Sun Kick.

But you don’t have to be constantly spamming a TP/BoK macro with ATotM. It is currently the mana-efficient option, but it isn’t mandatory.

Sometimes affixes and group comp will mean that melee is just not appropriate; e.g. you have 2 melee dps and it’s spiteful/storming/sanguine week. It’s too crowded in there with the dps and tank already, and it’s time to put on Tear of Morning, stand at range, and largely wave goodbye to RSK unless some trash happens to be near enough.

You can make this work - at least, I have made it work as far as +14s. Pretty sure I could get a group through a 15 like this. The timer will be iffy but I’m also not as well geared as many. Party due to 4-5 trash/duplicate vaults starving me of high level items. Anyway.

What I wouldn’t do is pug. It’s important that every 2nd-3rd pack you can call out “drinking” and you know the tank will just give you those 2-3 seconds to sit down before they go crashing into the next pack.

Pugs would (literally) rather die than let the healer have mana. They will wipe in preference to winning because a 3 second pause is intolerable. Then they’ll blame the healer.

I disagree, your gear is enough to do 15s in time even with atom -i did most of my for ksm at around 215- unless its a bursting or grievous week that might need ToM as u said.

Usually mana is not an issue and for sure you can run back to back dungeons without need to drink AT ALL. Even at 14 or 15 level. And thats without counting the possibility of a innervate. The key here is to not play rjw but chi’ji. Also to plan ahead all dungeon packs and time your healing cooldown perfectly so you get the maximum use out of them. The extra healing from RJW is not needed in a 5man dungeon and Invoke Chi-ji 25sec that you can pop 5-6 sec into pride and carry the whole pride healing even with 5% mana left is the star here.
If you run a proper group of a tank trying to kite and have at least 1 extra stun + yours and the ring of peace there you really have low damage to heal.

Again there are pugs and pugs. There are pugs with people that know what they do performing very good without communication and pugs with people clueless. We can’t treat all them as equal just because its not group with friends.

Also i plan ahead with group about if you are gonna use invis pot. If not feel free to pop mana pots every cd starting even at first pack. 5-6 pots per dungeon is quite something and paired with mana tea helps. Obviously u can have 1-2 ticks of drink every single time you drop combat, i usually cocoon tank and drink before next pack.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.