Buying a new pc! Tips, please :)

I am buying next config in 2 days so any input is appreciated!

Proccessor - i9900 K
Motherboard - [GIGABYTE Main Board Desktop Z390 AORUS PRO]
Gpu - RTX 2080 VENTUS GDDR6 8GB/256bit
Hdd - [GIGABYTE SSD AORUS 512GB, AIC, NVMe 1.3 PCI-Express 3.0 x4, 3D NAND TLC, 3480MBs/2100MBs, AES 256-bit SED, RGB,
Ram - [Corsair 2X16GB DDR4 3200 C16
Cooler - Cooler ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO, s. 1150/1151/1155/1156/2011/2011-3/2066/AM4
PS - [GIGABYTE G750H Power Supply 750W]

So if you can share your input on this, I’d appreciate it.

build looks fine. i would want more cooling than that for a 9900k.

Within few days we will have AMD and Nvidia announcements which may affect pricing as well as give new hardware to pick from (like sort of RTX refresh etc.). Is it for WoW, gaming or other tasks as well?

2 Likes

I’ll be doing a lot of content creation, especially for Classic. In addition to that, I’ll be also doing alot of Adobe After Effects/Premiere works so I expect I’ll be using alot of strain on the pc (when it comes to using the potential of hardware).

I’ll also stream and multiboxing/recording in real time.

The new codecs in Turing likely help with streaming and alike. Does Adobe apps in your tasks take more benefits from Nvidia cards than AMD ones (Radeon 7)? If yes then that RTX 2080 would be a good pick (or whatever similar if Nvidia will refresh their lineup now).
For CPU based content creation upcoming 12 and 16 core Ryzens (or even discounted 12+ core Threadrippers) would be better than an 8-core part :slight_smile: (although some Adobe apps can use Intel GPU for some acceleration - not sure if applicable here).

No new AMD CPU’s this side of July, if that’s what you mean…

Noctua units will perform way better than that particular unit - cooling for such a premium CPU should be a higher priority.

I would not feed money to Intel as their prices are way high from what they offer. AMD nowadays is alot better at the same price while top tier CPU’s are made by intel and cost twice an AMD does with a slight performance increase YOU DONT need in WoW.

As for HDD i would only stick to samsung 970 EVO or 960

Cooler pick something from Noctua if you can afford it, they are way better with alot lower noise ratios

1 Like

I’ve bought some crazy cooler that is literally half of my case, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, 2x140. It’s frigging cold in that case. In end bought i9900k,rtx 2080 (sadly no TI, lack of funding and platinum corsair 2x 16gb ram.

Quite happy.

I would be, too… if I had that sort of budget to spend on an upgrade; sadly the price of your CPU alone is more than I plan spending on a CPU, cooler, motherboard & 16GB RAM.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.