Buying Flying Twice?

Why must those that have 280 flying pay for 310 flying.
I understand that we keep the 280, but come on be realistic. we the long time players are always the ones getting screwed over.
“Oh lets make it easier for the new players” (waypoint guides)
“Lets make it less daunting to get to max level for the new players” (Level Squish)
“Lets make it cheaper for the new players” (Remove 280 Flying so they only need to buy ONE 5000 gold speed)

I say reward the veterans. Upgrade 280 to 310, dont make us pay for it again!

4 Likes

I see it this way: If there had been no levelsquish we would have paid for both 280 and 310 flying (if you want 310 ofc). Now with the changes you still need to pay for 310 flying if you already haven’t (or keep the 280 flying).
Same thing really, so I honestly don’t get why I see so many complain about it.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree with OP, seems a bit silly.

2 Likes

Veterans had to buy flying 3 times (150%, 280%, 310%) if they wanted the faster flying, not to mention over the years Cold Weather Flying and Wisdom of the Four Winds so think yourself lucky you only need to buy it twice without Northrend and Pandaria flying and stop complaining

5 Likes

I’ve done all the purchasing flights from vanilla to now and given this is the direction they are heading and the gold squish I don’t see it as unreasonable, especially since 280% doesn’t exist any more.

1 Like

Yeah if there had been no level squish… but there was , there is and there is bad decisions being made all the time… .no point saying “what if they didn’t do that”, they have and they are screwing over the veterans.

They aren’t screwing anyone over. I don’t get it, are you upset cause you had assumed you would save some gold not buying it before the squish and now it turns out you didn’t?
There is no differens for you what so ever. Either you would have paid up before like all the rest of us, or you pay up now.

I have over 27 max level toons, Most of which already have 310 flying, so im not butt hurt, i thing it is unfair, surely we can have opinions, and as such a veteran player, i am tired of see things get easier and easier for the noobs. So where you think i could save some gold before Shadowlands just goes to show, you cleary dont know the ins and outs. If i wanted to save the gold, i would have waited UNTIL the prepatch to buy 310

Imagine you go to the same restaurant every month for the last 15 years, and not once do they offer you any discount… well you would be ok with that as you dont expect it… but then a new person walk in and they offer a massive reduced rate on their bill as a first time customer… you are telling me you wouldn’t be upset?

but surely, if you have 280, then how can you pay for 310 again, you haven’t paid for it once?

2 Likes

Flying in old content is one of those horribly outdated mechanics that are screaming for a complete rework but Blizzard either completely ignores it or applies some silly change that makes it same or worse.

Its look 5k gold. You can afk that back in a week.

1 Like

They should have just upped it to 310… but Blizzard in a nutshell these days: can’t give a nice gesture to the players for free.

I’ve bought it on 45 of my 50 characters. 3 of them that don’t have it are new chars (and not at the level to buy faster flying yet)… the other two: no clue who it is. Haven’t bothered looking it up. No I wasn’t trying to save a buck, just never got around to it… but is it really that hard to just give your players a ‘win’ here and there? Especially for something like this.

I remember having to pay for dual spec back in the days. I wonder how many chars I did that for…

And earn Pathfinder for WoD and Legion, also now free…

Oh come on now. Us old players should really welcome such minor changes that makes it a bit easier on new players to join in on the fun. More players that tries, and actually stays with it, is good for the game you know :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.