Calia will ruin the Forsaken

1. She is not even a forsaken but rather lightforged undead.
  2. She suffers none of the downsides of being undead and seems to be a special snowflake that was invented as anti thesis to what Forsaken actually are.
  3. She is technically an alliance character with zero connections to the other horde leaders. Like she is literally on BFF status with both Anduin and Jaina.
  4. The Forsaken are all about melancholy and shadows. Calia is fully absorbed with the holy light.
  5. Being a Forsaken means you are rejected and cast out. Nobody rejected Calia. Infact she was welcomed with open arms by her friends in the alliance.
  6. Lilian Voss is in my opinion a much more fitting candidate for leadership and I hope Blizzard will not just hamfist her onto the forsaken without any ingame connections for Forsaken players on her side.

Leave your 2 cents if you want to.

5 Likes

The irony in a blood elf writing this :face_vomiting:

You mean the same way Blizzard hamfisted the blood elves onto the horde?

Agreed. And those reasons should be enough to refrain from making her therepresentative of the Forsaken.

While the Forsakens’ nature might be a dark one, I don’t agree that being a bringer of hope and light is a bad role for a leader of the Forsaken. Being traditionally undead sucks. Being undead and staying optimistic is a sign of an iron will. It might not be a requirement for a Forsaken leader, but I don’t see optimism as a detriment here. If - and that’s a big if - it is made clear that the optimism is in spite of the Forsaken’s nature.

Calia doesn’t share in the Forsaken nature, so from her it couldn’t be a sign of her overcoming it. But with others, like possibly a more developed Faol, I could see it.

Redundant with point 2, isn’t it? Generally I agree.

Well, a dead horse would be a better candidate for Forsaken leadership than Calia. So sure, Voss is better as well. She sucks as a leader character, though, having displayed neither will nor ability to lead, while having enough screentime to display her character in full. She has no training for leadership, she wasn’t even well-known to the Forsaken, just the player, and her achievements are those of an assassin. She could have been build as a character that would have the necessary outside perspective and will to be the first among the Forsaken to stand against Sylvanas. She wasn’t. Instead she went on errands for her, claimed that Sylvanas was pressuring her into service, and soothed herself by being nice to the undead she created on Sylvanas’ behalf. That’s an okay character, but not a leader.

The only reason to make her leader is that she is among the Forsaken characters with the most lines. And that’s really it. I can see nothing else.

4 Likes

Well, that’s what in Before the Storm

She was no mindless undead, but she was not Forsaken, either.

So, you’re not the only one with this idea.

Lightforging is a process of changing someone. If some undead will want to restore more of who they were, they could consider this option, since the Light is known for doing things like that

From Ask CDev 2

Record of undead emoting positive emotions are rare, though there are reports, however, that some Forsaken have slowly experienced a sharpening of their dulled senses of touch, smell, etc., as well as an increase in the flashes of positive emotions that have otherwise become so rare since their fall into undeath, when influenced by the Holy Light. The drawback however, is that they also become disgusted with themselves and are likely to increase attempts at their own self-destruction; for regaining these senses would force the undead to smell their own rotting flesh, taste the decay in their mouths and throats, and even feel the maggots burrowing within their bodies.

Well, her personality can’t be quite like what she was. If you approach, say, A’dal, you get the message

Slow musical chimes echo within your mind and, though a word is not uttered, you feel an assurance of safety

So, she should be a bit “shifted” mentally to be the opposite of undead, feel very little of negative emotions and being calm most of the time. So, not like undead, but not fully human either.

She is. And possibly will stay unique.

Yup. Which is a problem if the devs will push her into the horde, and a boon - if they move her to the alliance side. You know, the traditional forsaken would not be all that welcome when it comes to common folks after the 4th war. But, she’s a special snowflake after all.

Technically, not quite, because if she would explicitly affiliate with the alliance when she appeared, that would make it impossible to her to search for missing family if they would be among the forsaken. So, jumping into the alliance at the time of the gathering would go against her interests.

But yeah, given the current position of Turalyon and him being a servant of the Menethil line, she is 1 step away from being the leader of the alliance.

Overall, I do not think that at this point the plan for Calia is to lead the forsaken.

Article about Before the Storm states:

she wanted to take sides for them and lead them on their way to real freedom and back to their loved ones

she decides to stay with Alonsus Faol to learn more about the undead and their connection with the light

From pre-patch:

I thought to be a bridge between the living and the undead. My first attempt ended in sorrow. But I have not given up hope, Lady Sanguinar.

We have the alliance using Lordaeron emblem:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635470372183080981/756877374171250719/bfa.jpg

We have Anduin accepting the idea of undead. Heck, unless my memory deceives me, even Turalyon was ok with the idea of the gathering.

Can’t say I saw much about the idea of humans in the horde.

So, yeah. IMO the forsaken will face a choice to pick the future (Lilian) or the past (Calia). But it’s just my opinion.

gl hf

I think that the next leader of the forsaken should be someone who loves them. Like Marcus. No undead would be left without love. Not a single abomination, or a leper gnome.

gl hf

:point_up_2:

People grasp at Lillian as the saviour that will spare them of having the mess called Calia, but in all honesty, her character remains just a few steps behind her in terms of awfulness.

Sure, she isn’t as aberrant as an Alliance porcelain princess, but she is still someone that not long ago wanted nothing to do with the Forsaken faction, has zero societal ties with them, has never actually bothered knowing how their faction works, and has zero leading skills.
Her only “virtues” are about her having a somewhat similar origin story, and the meta knowledge that she is the remaining known figure left for the average player.

But no, Lillian isn’t a good candidate for the Forsaken leadership. She is only the least worse.

I don’t care if Blizzard wrote themselves into a corner here, but the viable candidates are any of the original Forsaken cast: Helcular, Belmont, Faranell, or Velonara.
Yes, even if we’d effectively be putting some Sylvanas-lite in said charge.
Why would it be surprising? Most of Sylvanas traits still represent those of an average Forsaken character.

Blizzard could maybe try to combine the aspects Calia and Lillian offer (origin story and Lordaeron ties) to create some viable alternative with some new addition, but that would still require a ton of work.

1 Like

Honestly, why not Faol?

He actually has experience in a leadership position (one that hearkens back to Lordaeron) and his very nature is about balancing Light and Shadow. He’s be a good face for the ‘new’ Forsaken, who still seem to be struggling to find a place in the world that doesn’t wholly revolve around killing Arthas.

Calia and Lilian Voss could prove as pretty good advisors to him as representatives of the dual nature of the Forsaken. Calia the advocate of those who want to reclaim as much of their previous lives as possible, and Lilian representing those who embrace the harsher side of being Forsaken.

3 Likes

More like Alliance bigotry pushed the Blood Elves into the Horde!! Remember Garithos?

Oh and then Jaina purged Dalaran Sunreavers when Varian was re-negotiating them entering the Alliance.

Thank you Alliance for giving us Blood Elves :slight_smile:

1 Like

But Blood elves bigot all the time themself so i really doubt that was it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Actually i dont remmeber Garithos. Pls the alliance didnt give us blood elves the blood elves themself acts like they are alliance so pls take back you trash alliance we dont want it here

We don’t want them, you can keep them.

Forsaken should seek more freed and rejected UD to join their ranks, especially now that the helm of domination is gone.
I think for Forsaken as a race they need new prominent leaders from the different ud races among the Forsaken to represent the race and its identity properly.

Calia has barely any ties with the modern forsaken race and should definitively not lead them anywhere.

Your post only shows that she is forsaken more then any living corpses in wow

She is alliance bias. For that she deserves to be deleted from the game.

Seriosly delete threat and don’t embarice yourself

I will never stop until the Forsaken get their true queen, Sylvanas, back.

You know that would mean either Forsaken forsake the Horde or Sylvanas revisits the “Horde is nothing” phrase.

Are you going on every thread attacking blood elves? Wtf bro xD

No im not attacking blood elves im just correcting this fool that keeps insulting the horde with his topics but when i read topics i search for the recently uploaded ones and happen to read whatever i find intresting and its just happend that Erevien spamms alot of topics that are ironic as he insult other races or upcoming importan charachters to the game despite the facts that Lor’themar and the Blood elves as a race is the biggest contradiction to what he himself is saying. So its just a coincidence that i ended up here with this guy making up nonsense

Or when Alliance rejected the Forsaken
Thank you for the Forsaken.

Oh, or when the Night Elves rejected the Nightborn
Thanks again!

Oh, or when the Humans and High Elves couldn’t leave the Trolls alone.
Omg thanks!

Kim, I think you need to educate yourself on blood elf lore. Sure, blood elves are more “civil” now. But during burning crusade blood elves were more “Horde” than Tauren have ever been their entire existence.

1 Like