Camera anchor point Bug Report

Since the servers are down for maintenance and I have nothing better to do I thought that I might aswell bring this issue up again since it has not been fixed.

Currently in both Retail and Classic (more common in Classic) there is an issue with the camera anchor point on your character. Let me expain. In WoW the point of which your camera is connected to your character is inside your characters head. This means that when you zoom in you’ll end up inside your characters head. This is all good and how it should be. However quite often this anchor point shifts to a different position inside your character when doing certain things. These are things like mounting up on a slope, or standing up too quickly after drinking/eating or shifting from flight form back to human form on a druid.

Let’s use the mount issue as an example. Let’s say you are out mining and you mount up on a slope after mining a node. Now your camera anchor is set too low for your mount and the game looks “off”. To fix this you now have to dismount and find a more flat area to mount up. Another example is the druid flight form. Sometimes after using flight form your camera anchor will now be located inside your characters torso. Again this might not seem like a big issue but it really is. It’s very annoying to have your perspective and connection to the game shift due to this bug. Yes, the camera anchor point should shift depending on certain things but sometimes it just doesnt and break and reset to its original and correct position within your character, leading to your character being located in the wrong spot on the screen (either too high or too low). In other words, your “zoom in” point is not where it should be. As I mentioned earlier this is way more common in Classic for some reason and less so in Retail. Although, it still exists in Retail. There some mounts seem to get it more often than others. Sometimes when you jump or move too fast after mounting your camera anchor or “zoom in” point will now be located in your mounts feet leading to a tilted perspective of the game that can only be fixed by dismounting and re-mounting.

Please, I beg of you… Fix this issue. There must be a way for the camera anchor to be located and locked to the correct position depending on the situation. Mounted, dismounted, shapeshifted etc. How is it even possible for it to shift and end up in the wrong position to begin with?

I’m happy to answer further questions about this or whatnot. The most common way to recreate this issue would be to just stand on a slope where mining nodes are usually located and mount up and jumping or running as soon as the mount appears. Or just /cancelaura fligh form with a small drop to the ground as a druid. There are many reliable ways of recreating this issue.

1 Like

We’re actually not seeing anything like this happening on a global level. There are some very specific issues known with camera anchors when it comes to some proto-drake mounts, and a fix for that is being worked on, but what is described here does sound like it is on a quite different order of magnitude. A proper bug report would be highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

How? The only place where I can submit a bug report is on the NA forums which requires a character on NA realms…?

Just use the in-game bug reporting form. No need to put it on a forum anywhere.

That post will show you how since that big button isn’t big enough obviously.