Campaign story on alts

Is there an alternative way to gain/skip to the renown during the same week without doing this again? They are clearly horrible in terms of narrative, difficulty and rewards when you see them more than once.

2 Likes

i did kyrian 3times :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

The renown catchup is a lot better these days, I managed to get to 40 in 2 days. The campaign is quite good for renown too, though. Iā€™m unsure if you can skip it but I shall add that I stopped getting bonus renown when I only had two Korthia chapters left until I was caught up. So it is possible that normal activities will only get you so far because renown is baked into the campaign rewards.

In short? Sorry, I donā€™t think so :slightly_frowning_face: a lot faster with flying now, though!

2 Likes

You cant skip renown awarded from story chapters.
It was this way in 9.0.5, guess it is more likley the same in 9.1

Iā€™ve been doing them of 4 characters for weeks and I canā€™t take it anymore, send help :weary:

The philosophical difference seems to be between seeing alts as basically other specs of your main and of seeing them as wholly different characters in their own right.

Blizzard is keen to say they should be treated as different characters, who have to go their through their own progression and earn their own rewards whereas most of the playerbase would dearly love for them to be treated as essentially other specs of your main, with account rep and with story quests done. They say this is for ā€˜roleplayingā€™.

Letā€™s be honest does anyone here think they care about roleplaying? They donā€™t, and given this is the one aspect of the game that is arguably roleplaying they are eager to defend it clearly invites us to suspect an ulterior motive. In truth, Blizzard insists on forcing our alts to repeat content cleared on our mains to keep us logging in as often as possible. Making things easier on alts means we might reach the stage of being ā€˜doneā€™ sooner than they would like.

The whole thing seems like a mess - the game subliminaly pushes towards playing alts but then punishes for trying. These campaign stories are mere intros without much suspense, difficulty or rewards. In fact, I dare say that having to go through them more than once moves them from the ā€œokā€ category to the ā€œgarbageā€ one easily. Nobody can convince us that anybody makes an alt in order to go through these again.Hell,

I would hate the Arthas cinematic at the end of ICC if there was no way to skip it every time it runs.

2 Likes

Does it surprise you that the team which came up with azerite armor, shards of domination, the corruption system, covenants, soulbinds and conduits has made a mess of another part of the game?

Your problem, one we all share, is merely an aspect of a greater problem.

That our devs seemingly design the game via spreadsheet rather than as something to be enjoyed and that their grandiose systems are contradictory, unfun and tedious.

This entire game needs to be rebuilt from the ground up and alts are a part of that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.