Can human settlements get restored

Yes this is a roleplay concerned thread, literally following cataclysm, the entirety of human settlements have been demolished in the Eastern Kingdoms. Southshore and iconically awesome hub was just nuked by some genius’s(sarcasm, whoever came up with that idea is dumb af) idea for a couple of quests. Now we’ve got Stromgarde, which true to Blizzards nature of destroying things, gets destroyed once every week or so.

Imagine the day where by which we can have actual hubs again which aren’t filled with bubonic phasing and OOCers.

11 Likes

It would be liberating if 10.0 expansion focused more on Azeroth and shown development in old zones sort of like Arathi but without making it flip flop every week. Would make for…

saken have blighted Southshore, built work camps to experiment on prisoners and brought val’kyr to take over Andorhal and the Argent Crusade done nothing!

2 Likes

You forgot Sentinel Hill, which if you just arrive is under constant attack by endlessly spawning gnolls that sometimes make it all the way to the inn, or if you complete the zone questline will be under constant attack by Defias mobs while the sky is on fire permanently.

5 Likes

There’s literally a section of Stromgarde filled with intact buildings and minimal NPCs 24/7 regardless of rotation that doesn’t have phasing and won’t have OOCers because it’s irrelevant to any world quests.

that’s good though

1 Like

Did I dream up that Stromgarde was going to be perma-updated in Shadowlands. Aren’t Warfronts going?

Maybe I’ve confused it with the novel (which has Danath back living there).

Canonically Arathi is won by the Alliance, but they want to keep the battlefronts available. So every other week Stromgarde’s masons will just have to put their backs into it.

Great for people still hunting transmogs, but was it confirmed they will still be active? I imagine it’s going to be a hell of a wait to fill a group.

They can however update the still existing old version of the zone to post-bfa.

1 Like

That would take effort.

Not unless they plan to revamp the rest of the zones in EK too they can’t. And they won’t.

you’d get a tirisfal glades2.0 where you can leap from bfa’s ruined Undercity to cata’s andorhal conflict but then instead with arathi and surrounding zones.

Arathi’s a levelling zone, removing its levelling phase borks up quest lines, removes items, and also screws up natural level progression.

Tirisfal didn’t have its levelling phase removed, like you proposed doing.

Fair enough.

That is also true.

Perhaps they could add another timeline to Zidormi? :thinking:

Vanilla - Cata - BfA Arathi to choose from?

At some point there’s a concern of phase bloat.

But now that classic’s up and running and fine you’d think they’d find a way to slot all those classic quests back into retail.

Why though? You can already experience them in the original way in Classic.

Full-story mode, the ability to RP in different era’s (vanilla - cata - post bfa?), being able to get old/lost mogs,recipes etc.

Uh because maybe I don’t want to play classic with its 2004 mechanics and 2000 graphics I want to keep playing my blood elf death knight or pandaren monk or vulpera scoundrel.

I experienced them when they were vanilla.

Also transmog.

3 Likes

A couple of quests like the entirety of Horde Hillsbrad questing that cements it as forsaken territory with an indignant frostwolf rump state in the mountains?

They totally could phase it to being stable as a standard with zidormi avaliable to unlock the shifting world quest laden ruin.

Alas.

Humanity is consigned to the city state of Stormwind after losing its farming breadbasket to engineered natural disasters, worker uprisings and demon invasions. Exercising no authority outside the city walls, the provinces get run by elected representatives as independent entities that get no army support. Only mercenaries. The other kingdoms are dead or exist only on paper as formalities. Mankind’s back is truly broken.

Kul tiras and dalaran don’t count. They could swap to horde with minimal pressure and/or regime change.

I’d love to see how Kul Tiras ends up Horde.