Can we change this 50% Prot Paladin Population in 20+ keys?

cmon Blizzards. Just reduce healing from WoG on 90%, make the 5% Damage increase aura only for retributions, Increase Sacrifice CD till 2 minutes, Delete Silence / Kick Effect from Divine Toll, DECREASE they overall damage and let them struggle for every BoP thy give, increasing damage they recieve per every forbidden stack on group on 5-10%.
Prot Paladins have just stolen again ALL TANK SLOTS in ALL 20 KEYS.
Can u bring some balance already in Tank Population?

Being able to do +20’s already means you are in the top <1%. You can not blame the top of the top playing the best class. Even when it is just half a percent better.

On the more positive note; bears are also already on the +20 statistic! :smiley:

1 Like

I hope gear and new sets will change this situation a lot. Otherwise this season will be dead again for a lot of classes with high potential like Brews, Guardians, VDHs, Retributions, HolyPaladins, Rogues and Warlocks.

And ProtPaladins are not 0,5% better then other tanks. All other classes are very behind on Utilities. Ofc, it s just the beginning of the season - and better gear can correlate (I hope) this situation, but ProtPaladin is one of the best class that scalles a lot from gear.

Well, when I tank, I’ll play my bear. But imo, it’s not a solution what you describe, since that is what Blizzard always does if a spec if good. But instead of nerfing that class (as you suggest), do something about the other classes.

I got that issue as a mistweaver, I don’t have some of the abilities other healers have. Still playing it.

rets don’t need that easy.
they press 2 buttons and are miles ahead of others in burst aoe

Anyways, the top dogs always reroll the top classes and that is why you see only prot now on top. Pugs will of course copy.

Pala just brings it all now.
Brez
dps
heal
mega silence
poison dispel
immunity
group immunity
very solid def cds
very solid def without cds

if i compare that to my brewmaster, well nah I got only poison dispel and solid def without cds. but missing everything else on the list and gain ring of garbage that half mobs are immune to, or every mob when raging (the most needed…)

to be honest, Brez made prot pala just over the top

2 Likes

It has always surprised me how some classes like Paladin have everything, and others struggle to have the bare minimum utility with the devs making up excuses like “We feel like you don’t hard cast enough”. Like, why should I ever choose a class that has less things if not for aesthetic purposes?

I must have missed that, how do they make the group immune to damage?

Also, every tank has done all dungeons on 20 in the first week. It’s not like the other tanks are in a bad spot.

you can make someone in your group immune to phys dmg or magic dmg, not your whole group of course.

and yes if you have fix people to play with you probably can also clear a +20 on a 400 ilvl brewmaster. now that will not mean brew is better than anybody else right?

high end keys you will only see the balance once people reached their limit. for pugs it is already very obvious which tank is prefered for various reasons.
pala just got more utility while being very tanky, can off heal and also has the best ranged spot aggro to pull massively.

Ofc all tanks have done 20.
the biggest problem is here that nobody wants to play with other tanks cause then they will need to care about casts, healer should heal more. When u come in group that was playing only with prot paladins, they will be just very surprised how many casts they should kick.

This is ruining all game experience for other tanks, cause they cannot kick every cast as prot paladins do, and they cannot offheal so hard so healer is feeling himself completely alone and should rely only on himself.

WoG is toping all players. BoP gives immunes. Sacrifice save 1 player from one big boss aoe every 1 min. CR just on top of that. Plus this season poison dispel is very strong.

Okay. Instead of making herr a huge cry. Lets discuss maybe what other tanks can do, what protpaladin cannot?

As VDH player only, since Legion, i can say that VDH is a very strong tank as well cause we are bringing 5% of spell damage. With 150k overall multiplied on 3 it means that we are giving to our already very strong dps with 4 pieces 450k/100*5=about 20k overall dps on top.

We can bring 8 seconds mass silence every 30 seconds.

We are top tank atm on switch solo target mechanics - a lot of bosses have it right now.

With 4pieces we can do chain pulls non stop that will help to shine classes like sp, frostmage, elemental shamans.

Moreover we are bringing mass stun, 2 CC abilities and darkness - yes, this season darkness is very good in Boss encounters.

Can we stop with the offhealing myth. A handful of paladins with very specific comps ran a specific talent at the end of S1, a talent that has now been nerfed and like nobody’s taking. The nerf wasn’t too big, but we don’t want to spend 2-3 points on meh talents to unlock this “okay” talent. 90% of our healing is to ourselves, and a fair bunch of it is absorption that we couldn’t give to anyone else even if we wanted to.

Even when HotP was good it was at best controversial to run the talent outside these 4 DPS stunts, which still relied on Vampiric Embrace, Ancestral Guidance etc. The talent was essentially “Your Lay on Hands now has a 5 second cooldown”, but even that doesn’t work well for group damage.

I need to understand this help me…
During shadowlands paladin since season 2 were doing the same thing as they do NOW
but somehow right now it is a PROBLEM because they are in 20 and it’s little bit easier then playing a BDK in 20 yet you can…
During DF season 1 all i could hear was Warrior is BROKEN blah blah…
so explain to me how is paladin interupting everything by himself now after a 2 and half years PROBLEM?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.