Can we expect talent tuning&changes for 9.1.5? (Suggestions)

Hello, i was hoping to see some buffs to currently undertuned talents(been undertuned for a long time).

Moonkin:
Lvl15: Warrior of Elune

Reason:

Feels bad

Suggestion:

Changed to a channeled ability that casts 3x Starfires over 2+~sec similiar to Arcane Missiles

Lvl45: Stellar Flare

Reason:

Direct damage is non-existant and DOT is also very weak.

Suggestion:

Buff the direct damage by around 500% or more, and it also applies Sunfire & Moonfire.

Lvl45: Twin Moons
Reason:

I don’t see how Twin moons or Stellar Flare could ever compete with Stellar Drift

Suggestion:

Moonfire hits 1 nearby target, and each target hit by Moonfire have a XX% chance to echo a lesser Moonfire DOT(DOT spread) to a nearby target.

Let them know which talents are highly undertuned in your opinion.*

4 Likes

No hate but you’re 218 iLvL and don’t play competitive content, I don’t think you have the required knowledge to propose such changes my guy, especially when Moonkins are crushing PvE content like no other rn

2 Likes

And you do? 2k rio feral druid :)? No hate bro. Just asking. You’re raid player.

More post like these and maybe we’ll see something good from Blizz. Bala is op in premade groups. Playing pug without any communications and pulls based on our RF = burned key.

How are they crushing? :thinking: As for raid sure, m+ overall dps lacks big time.

Sustained Aoe feels super clunky if you are not NF and venthyr only feels fun if your tank is pulling off mdi pulls.

Outside of those 3min we are absolute memes. I’d prefer shorter cd and less burst.

There is no feeling that is more anticlimatic than a wasted 4sec frenzy window because ww monks or dh can go wild every pack

I agree to OP

1 Like

So why you even posting if you don’t want any conversation and others opinions? And what are you proposing is just complete non-sense, 500% dmg increase on stellar flare? Channeled warrior of elune? Lesser moonfire? Ok… But I don’t want any conversation or opinion from you, so don’t bother replying. I am just writing what I feel here.

Well, where else should i share feedback/thougts? i’m just really confused to where to share this stuff. Not looking for conversation part was unnecessary, sure.

500% increase to something that does non-existant damage isn’t much. it simply brings it to “some” damage, making it worthwhile casting.

Warrior of Elune have been trash since BFA, and does not fit moonkin in the current itteration.

I’m just tossing some thoughts, thats it.

Cool, i respect that. May i ask, have you ever picked Warrior of Elune or Stellar Flare? because i have not touched it in years. Also, not asking for buffs. Just for some dead talents to be revived(maybe not Twin Moons). Stellar flare looks and sounds great, i love it and it sucks to not be able to use it.

Stellar Flare - is, believe it or not - on that talent row, the current best talent for pure Single Target DPS - but these are precious few fights - in current content the only fights that fall completely into that category is the Tarragrue and Guardian of the first Ones - so usage is…limited, but not zero.

Warrior of Elune - agree they need to do something with as its a pointless talent with no usage anywhere, but channelling for 2 secs for 3 starfires? Not a bad idea, but wouldn’t work frankly - I mean it’s not even a burst option against other classes for AoE. I’m not sure what the answer is for this talent honestly, but I don’t think this is it and wouldn’t work especially for Fae - you’ve already got a 4 sec channel every 2 mins, adding another channel…that’s ouchy for getting interrupted by mob/boss abilities or quaking.

Twin moons has reasonable usage in PVP content - you can get some decent AP generation when taken with the PVP talent that generates AP from your DOTs being dispelled. But PVE usage, agree not usable. Is it better than Stellar Drift in PVP content??..hmmm debatable - I PERSONALLY prefer Twin Moons in PVP content as the AP generated allows for more Starsurges and thus more ST damage into an enemy player often resulting in a kill. Other players prefer more spread pressure damage and let others do the more ST damage/killing blows.

Biggest problem Blizz have had with the entire Talent gameplay for not just Balance Druid but EVERY class and spec in the game; is there are talents there that are either EXCEPTIONALLY niche, or simply cannot be used because other talents are simply OP in comparison.

There are other topics in these forums where myself and others have posted extensively on Balance Druid’s AoE problems and damage in general outside of CDs. So I won’t repeat and go into too much detail. We’re an extremely bursty class for all intents and purposes and we do pretty good damage in Raids where fights tend to last longer and we get to cycle through our CDs more than once or in Tyrannical fights in M+ IF we get a cycle of 2 full CDs…but honestly even in +20 keys, if bosses are lasting 3 Mins plus + unless the other affixes are kind and allowing you pull big trash pulls…you’re in a bit of trouble, and often times even +20 Tyra fights are only lasting between 1 Min 50 and 2 Mins 30/45 I’ve found. (No idea of anything beyond 21 fortified as not gone beyond that yet so can’t and won’t speak to that)

Bottom line: we have our uses, but these tend to be overlooked in M+ as VERY few bother to look beyond the headline “overall DPS” and I agree some of our talents need a look - but it needs to be done with AoE and sustained overall damage in the 30 second to 2 Mins 55 Range in mind because currently we’re getting trashed across the board in that time range. We trash everyone else with our CDs even in M+, and raid content are doing well. But otherwise - outside of CDs - we need help - doesn’t have to be MEGA buffs or anything (500% for example is ridiculous i’m sorry to say mate) - tweaks would do the job I feel. - Again you can find other posts where I and others have discussed this at length :slight_smile:

As always - just my two cents, happy to be disagreed with :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.