Can we have old void form back now?

Everyone swore that make void form a cooldown would make priest queueable for M+ :clown_face: the problems with shadow is no actual useful utilities for dungeon, or at least they are incomparable to other classes. Now shadow do the same amount of dps on high end M+ as the old version, except we went from a unique spec to a basic concept of build/spend and waiting for the big cooldowns. If doing an overall 5.2k to 6k dps, having 1k2 rio and still casually getting denied to group, I would rather have an unique spec lol.

3 Likes

I feel for you I really do.

1 Like

Like seriously, the spec used to require intensive skills, but it was iconic and special to its players. Should have asked for a reform to the utilities if everyone’s concern is M+, not this basic s**t we have now and still just offer the same viability to any contents… no hard cc at all, walmart version of rogue’s shroud (mindsooth), a not-always-effective tool to deal with soak mechanics, a 45s interupt :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: that need a talent to be on bar with other caster. VE and MD is the only distinguish things but aren’t worth trading for any other classes.

1 Like

Meh, still rather have this than voidform looking at how the raid turned out.

1 Like

Lol, how did the raid turn out? Shadow has always been in the top pack dps in raids from Legion to BFA and now. Shadow become even more popular in raid now thanks to PI, which we gonna get anw regardless of reform so i dont understand your point?

I really liked the old SP. I feel the same way.

2 Likes

I mean… Shadows doing very well, and I doubt it’d have done anywhere near as well if it was still tied to the mechanics of BFA, especially given how little of what made BFA work was actually coming with us into shadowlands, so much stop / start, constant disruptions throughout encounters, especially on mythic sire.

I mean it’s the beginning patch, it happens to everyone that we dont get access to full potential now. It all comes down to tuning, and utility design, and blizz has never let shadow fall off in raid. Also, shadow aint doing good in Last 2 bosses and Council anyway due to multi aoe and short live adds, smth old machenic would excel. I get that shadow like this currently make it easier to access for more players, but still the population does not increase that much, and it’s still a spec favoured for raid. Hence we’re still at the same spot as before but with a flavorless play style now.

Old shadow would suck at Sire, especially mythic, and new shadow is the one of the best specs in the game at P3 which from a progress standpoint is kinda the whole fight.

I personally made a suggestion on how i think shadow should have been handled in shdaowlands.

You really talk like old shadow is bad at single target. Too bad we will never see how the old voidform can be adjusted to fit the meta raid, cause as i said blizz wont let shadow flop in raid by any chance since it’s the only dps of the class =))))) point is raid dps wide, shadow never have to be worry, all these reworks are only catered to the M+ community, because ramp up time of the old version is problematic in low key and they complain they did not get invites because of that =))))) guess what, nothing change.

Old shadow was not bad at single target, at least not in legion, you can actually see some insane parses on both st and aoe for mythic antorus.

Like, mental parses, i think i saw 8 mil dps.

If anything one of the reasons why it was changed is because it had the potential of being too strong.

I really did not like how the ramp up time was, that was the biggest downside of shadow for me.

My optimal shadow priest would be a mix of both legion and now.

2 Likes

how is this gonna mixed?

I made a post some time ago, you can go look it up, it’s called, how i would have improved shadow or something like that.

I explained what i think there.

1 Like

I know it wasn’t clearly, but it was highly susceptible to disruption effects, stuns, excessive forced movement, and being out of range of the boss. Things this tier has in spades.

1 Like

it was highly susceptible to disruption effects, stuns, excessive forced movement, and being out of range of the boss

Im not a mythic raider myself but I don’t recall any instances where mythic raid bosses wouldn’t have pain-in-the-as* mechanics that require dps to disrupt their rotation to adapt. Can’t see why Sire would be different. It’s all about skills lol, what you play now is a simplified version of affliction warlock, of course you gonna think it’s impossible to do damage with the old shadow, which was an intense spec to master. But anyway I dont want to argue about raid dps no more, it was never a probs for shadow, the new shadow does not serve the purpose it’s here for, which is M+. The community destroy shadow’s identity just to ease their daily world quests and leveling :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: this is tragic for real.

Frankly this is the worst tier for it I’ve ever played. So many fights that either leave you with nothing to hit, make you leave the bosses range for extended periods of time, or outright prevent you from pressing buttons. (Sire Mythic especially)

I…what? Why are we tossing thinly veiled insults / making assumptions about the skill of other players?

Honestly, i like both shadowlands and legion, that’s why i made a suggestion to merge both.

Shadowlands has faster ramp up time, and more on demand aoe, while legion has the potential to have some truly glorious moments when you get everything right.

I also think that searing nightmare should be baseline.

Then, adjust numbers so it’s not super op.

I think this is the general approach they should take for every class.

Make them good at everything, some better than others, but establish a baseline. Both in terms of what they can do in aoe or single target. And this does not necessarily mean that you have to make every class feel the same.

The only problem i see is funnel damage, i can’t picture every single spec having that in some way. but maybe i am wrong.

Sub removal of funnel damage was a disgrace.

I didn’t mean to come off as rude, srry about that, but the current play style cannot be compared to the old one in difficulty, so of course I have much higher respect for those who can pull off in mythic raid with old shadow.

Maybe this is true, we can never know. Shadow at some point in BFA was buffed and was really really good like during 8.2. And then nerf again in 8.3 to not become too overpowered, but was still top tier, this only affected M+. Who knows, maybe Blizz would make them less dependent on voidform to be competitive for first tier raid of the expansion, since we dont have that much haste rn anyway, and then tuning differently for future patches. As I said many times, Shadow is never failed in raid, Blizz wont let that happen.

Where are you pulling the assumption that people you’re discussing with were not able to play BFA or legion shadow from though?