Can we please nerf guardian druids?

prot palas are the only tank that que into healers or other prot palas,

blizzard stated this

• Protection Paladins will remain classified as “healers” and will only be placed in matches where the other healer is also a Protection Paladin.

• The remaining tank specializations will be classified as a damage dealer, with a maximum of one tank damage dealer permitted in the match.

They’ve taken down the DF beta forum section, but there’s the wowhead article where they quote the blue post.

It would make things worse. The diehard min-maxers will still find a way to have exactly all of these numbers somehow, just with different methods and will still play what’s the most busted stuff and highlight it.

Removing damage meters (and so, that implies basically removing the combat log altogether) will just make it harder for casual boomer andies (like me) to understand what’s happening with their spells.

If i can’t even understand how much damage I can dish in a burst window when someone is in a stun or their buddy is polymorph’d, and if I cannot even know how much damage I am expected to receive from the other classes abilities, how am I supposed to even learn about the game to improve ?

With all due respect, this is the Arena forums. I, for one, couldn’t give less of a dead squirrel’s last crap about what’s happening in raids, dungeons, m+ or whatever it is. And in the context of Arenas I’ve never heard in my entire playing time that someone would not pick you in arenas because your class color does less damage than another color. Synergy between the specs is what matters to create a team composition, not just patchwerk 5min numbers.

It promoted transparency and happened to be a formidable tool for learning about your own classes and other classes, in PvP. It’s also a nice tool to see what’s busted as well.

I agree with that one but I do not believe damage meter is the reason why. In any game I play, even those without a damage meter players are judgemental and get upset at one another as well.

Anyone should be free to play whichever class they like with their entire screen covered with every single damage meter in existence!

4 Likes

trying to do the skirmish weekly right now i m realizing i have once again underestimated how many people fotm the **** out of broken stuff like guardian

sad, just sad

1 Like

Why not play something that’s not a tank

Fresh from a skirmish, me and random ww monk against affliction/guardian.

Monk said off the bat that we are dead, but first we managed to kill affliction by bursting 1 by 1, and then spent 5 minutes kiting guardian until he finally he couldnt heal anymore.

All it took was for monk no to hit into sleeper.

Guardian is still toxic AF, 50% damage Moonfire spam, 1.35 million.

Surprised you won actually. I’ve only lost to them as dk or feral
 Refuse to go guardian but it is tempting
 Feels like the only thing that beats a guardian is a bigger guardian.

I am a new player that started as resto druid for the heals but swapped to guardian to be able to solo stuff easily and discovered how broken it is. I turned from an absolute frag in bgs and arenas to a raid boss god topping damage and heal charts easily with full pvp gear:

1. I have 7 ways to heal all of which are available in bear form and one has the potential to 200k heal anyone (insta cast proc on regrowth + protector of the pack).
  2. Rage of the sleeper should NOT reflect dots, that’s just ridiculous and it cannot be dispelled. There should be counter-play - u see a bear pop it, u don’t attack it.
  3. 3 dashes + 2 movement boosts and 2 (3 if initiating from stealth) long stuns.
  4. Insane ranged dmg capability with moonfire procs and ring procs.
  5. Good aoe on demand with berserk +thrash spam.
  6. So many good cooldowns and utility that allow for pressure and hybrid support playstyle.
  7. Maul can crit for 60k + on geared players which is absurd dmg for a tank. I proc free mauls all the time allowing me to actually threaten ppl in 1v1, that combined with a constant free 50% slow makes it hard for ppl to kite me.
  8. Like 30% raw damage mitigation against any target in a 1v1.
  9. It feels like I have the damage of a feral druid, survivability of a blood dk and ways to fully heal team mates that not many healers can do instantly.

All of this combined is not ok, nerfing sleeper won’t even solve the issue. In fact, I can still be in god mode even without sleeper mostly because every1 ignores me in a fight anyway, so I rarely reflect unless I’m alone.

Classic / vanilla wow experience wasn’t build on power meters, people had fun and there was plenty of content progress :slight_smile:

To be fair, guardian has been way more viable than blood DK in pvp for many, many seasons now. That’s not a surprise!

What? Yes it was. Before the meters became a thing, people used to do it manually, hence why meters became a thing, because doing it manually was a real pain.

Facing a guardian in pvp is a absolute joke right now. I hope something changes soon!

+1. Doesn’t make sense that one player should top dmg and healing with 14M, deny caps all game and be unkillable. I do understand though it must be quite the fun, feeling like a raid boss. But it is simply far from balanced.

no. we are balanced.

i agree perfectly balanced brb leveling

1 Like

im literally leveling my druid up right now

cant beat them join them

or should i say, 
Nerf DK ,reroll ?

Guys please, guardian druids are VERY easy to deal with. According to the @Lockfromwish you need to;

1. Not pop offensive spell,
  2. If you pop offensive spell, don’t hit him at all as he will use RoTS into it, just cc him while during your go,
  3. Ask the g.druid to have only 3-4 pvp items, rest pve, so you can kill him in/around 15-20 seconds,
  4. If he is full pvp items; ask him to replace 60% of the gear with pve items,
  5. Somehow kill him without offensive spells by 10-15k dps OR make him use RoTS by normal DPS rotation (without a go, basically),

Oh and please remember, this advice is given by the almighty @Lockfromwish whom obviously above even r1 players (but somehow don’t show sht about Warlocks and can’t make 1 proper argument despite the attempts but
 well, not all Gods are perfect).

I love how I’m in your head rent free you absolute dogsht freak. Go and learn how Rage of the Sleeper works. If you spent as much time reading the tooltips of abilities as you do writing essays about your incompetence, you wouldn’t be embarrassing yourself.

Wow. Easy there with the insults fella.

Anywho, good job on killing this poor fella htt ps://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/sayint

Ooof. Man, that was really embrassing.