Can we please skip the Cataclysm expansion for WoW Classic?

And can we skip Mists of Pandaria too?

What expansions do you want to skip for WoW Classic?

You can play whichever you want, no one forces you to go to all Classic expansions servers (if they will be available in the first place).

1 Like

So you want to skip cata and mop… but not Wod? The worst of the worst, yikes.

3 Likes

All of them

22 Likes

What do you mean. Cataclysm is the third expansion:P

Skip all of them except TBC and Wotlk.

27 Likes

TBC had what I see as flaws - flying mounts, meeting stones, dungeon difficulty modes, separate PvP game - but all things considered it’s by far the best state WoW has ever seen in its 15 years lifetime. From 2.4 onwards it all went slowly downhill.

7 Likes

Meeting stones are not a flaw.

2 Likes

They are to me, first step towards the eventual death of the world map.

12 Likes

I really liked MoP, classes were fun, PvP was fun, dungeons were fun, raids were fun and the zones were great.
It was just dragged down by LFD and LFR IMO.
Cata was…okay, it had some good class designs, some awesome zones, fantastic dungeons and so-so raids.
But it did completely erase Vanilla save for a handful of dungeons and whilst it did make questing a great deal more entertaining it was the beginning of the streamlining problem that eventually killed the levelling experience.

3 Likes

#nochanges

No expansion at all please.

21 Likes

I haven’t played that expansion so I can’t want to skip what I haven’t experienced.

So lets just skip Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor.

Are there any good expansions left besides The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King?

I demand Battle for Azeroth servers.

9 Likes

People still say that?

Of course they do. For some reason people keep needing to be reminded.

6 Likes

In this case the devs themselves have said that they will add TBC and/or WotLK if there’s a demand for it, so not entirely sure what the point is to parrot that hashtag, and it’s likely that those expansions will launch on separate servers, so if “#nochanges” is the height of your forum contributions, this place may just be a bit overkill for you.

Perhaps it’s more correct to say it’s all that OP deserves, given some of his… suggestions. Also “if there’s demand” basically means “tell us what you think” and so is a really good reason to break out the slogan if that’s how you feel.

5 Likes

If you don’t want to play any possible future expansions of WoW, then there is literally no need to engage these threads at all since, as I said, the expansions are likely to launch on separate servers, so expansions being launched won’t ever affect Classic.

So when you say “#nochanges” in a thread like this it only really shows you have no clue what you’re talking about, which is particularly non-constructive and unhelpful.

1 Like

Except that it does. Ask any game developer what happens when you introduce a new game mode. The answer: it effectively starts competing with your existing modes for players. Which can actually end up killing all of them when done to a small population.

How does Classic’s or Modern’s population (let alone their potential demographic) qualify as “small”. We’re talking about millions of players total, here. Even as little as 5% of them would be enough to make TBC or WotLK servers thrive. You don’t need 30+ servers worldwide to call an expansion “alive”.