Can we please skip the Cataclysm expansion for WoW Classic?

Just checkin’. It seems to me that when players start implying that other players arent quite good enough to do (insert whatever springs to mind) in a game that is 15 yrs/and however old Death Knights are, it kind of smacks of something else. But then, perhaps thats just how my mind works :slight_smile:

Hmm, Classic WoW is a remake of the original Vanilla version, Classic in itself has no expansions.

1 Like

So, uh… how about you just stay in Classic and leave TBC/WotLK to ppl who actually like them for what they are?

Or should we start “fixing” Classic too? Balancing classes, removing world buffs, etc?

I think that WoW Classic could be a great opportunity for Blizzard to cut out all the bad stuff and keep all the good and there is still Retail for those who wants that.

And face it, tiger… flying mounts were just a bad idea mkay?

1. Who decides what’s the good or bad stuff?
  2. Then we should just start cutting all the “bad stuff” from Classic too? Honor system, world buffs, excessively long dungeons, bad class balance, bad itemization, etc?
  1. We the community decides and there could be surveys and polls and whatnot.
  2. Cut out flying mounts and everything bad in TBC and WotLK.
  1. And how do you avoid people who, say, prefer Classic from voting on TBC or people who prefer TBC from voting on WotLK? Even if you just restricted it to people with a character, you still can’t rule that out
  2. And I repeat: why shouldn’t we cut out everything bad from Classic too? Or do you think Classic is perfect?

So lets hear it then: what do YOU want to be changed or cut out from Classic?

I just told you above, if you bothered to read posts before replying to them:

“Honor system, world buffs, excessively long dungeons, bad class balance, bad itemization, etc”

Which classes are badly balanced?

And excessively long dungeons will never go away I’m afraid as the majority enjoys those but there could be shorter ones too.

I’m all for world PvP with no instanced Battle Grounds whatsoever and the Honor system should be reworked into the Valor system.

And if you want a change to bad itemization then YOU have to speak up about it.

No one likes a whiner that have no solutions.

And yet I won’t, because unlike you I understand that the whole point of recreating Classic was to restoring Classic as it is, not to tweak it to the whims of a specific segment of the playerbase (small or large as it could be).

And the same would go for any recreations of TBC or WotLK

1 Like

It looks like I’m done with you then and huzzah for October the 31st.

Why not? Everquest does it, why great sucess I might add.

https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server

1 Like

Same here I guess (and pretty sure I speak for others too here).

As an aside, when I said I’m against the Honor system in Vanilla, I never said I’m against instanced PvP - I simply don’t like the rank-based system as a form of giving out rewards. I’m totally okay with Battlegrounds, and (unlike you I suppose, given some of your previous contents) I really don’t care about wPvP

Guess what, not everyone shares your same tastes when it comes to WoW, and not everyone considers the same stuff to be bad (or good). Which is why restoring things as they were is the only way they can hope not to alienate their audiences.

Hopefully you’ll understand someday. Probably not.

Don’t you see? If there’s not at least 1 million ppl playing your expansion, it’s a dead game /s

EverQuest made a fortune with 550.000 subs.

And that’s why I was being sarcastic - people keep screaming about splitting the playerbase, and yet even 200k players worldwide would be enough to keep something like TBC or WotLK alive. Or heck, even Classic.

1 Like

Yep!

10 chars

1 Like

While I do agree that they should try to keep the toxic trolls off the forums, if I was a mod you would get axed too, for literally calling people “idiots”. The discussion has to be both constructive(or positively funny) and civil.

The Censer of Eternal Agony was the best item(/idea) ever put into the game.

Being able to murder people I dislike from my faction is great.
Putting a debuff on people is great, it means I don’t kill them twice and it’s like a badge of dishonour to people who lost.

Aside from PvE gear (apparently an eternal problem) the PvP in MoP felt great. I enjoyed the raids, dungeons I agree were faceroll.

But I don’t feel the need to play MoP again. So even for someone that enjoyed the expansion, I feel no need to revisit it. It’s all a matter of opinion really.

I can’t see a large market for anything past WOTLK. Not because they were bad expansions but they were either too recent or just didn’t have that nostalgia that people are into.