Can we remove the honor requirement for upgrades until S3?

Honestly it just makes the game more toxic than it has to be

3 Likes

I don’t understand why we can’t pay for upgrades with conquest directly lol

2 Likes

i dont understand why there are upgrades in the first place

18 Likes

I liked the idea of upgrades at first, but now I find them abhorrent.

I wish there would only be two sets:

Honor and Conquest, and with a small power gap between each. I got an alt, gave him unranked Conquest gear, and still get destroyed like I’m naked. The power gap is just way too big and senseless

1 Like

All they have to do is:

Why did they decide to make rating rewards make you stronger instead of cosmetic?

Blizzard really failed to see how arena should always be equal gear so that it comes down to skill (and comp)

Also a very important problem, how a low xp player with lower gear coz of achiv, can compete a high xp player that also got higher gear…

That’s where your proposal falls apart. Borrowed powers have no real place in PvP, since it’ll always drag in the PvE design and its pace of gearing and so on, and the campaigns.
Everything else looks great, even solves some of the annoying parts of the old system, but the game has reached a point where it needs to completely separate PvE designs and PvP designs, which includes the borrowed powers only being a thing for the PvE designs if the concept of borrowed powers even needs to stay in the game at all.

Yeah, I don’t disagree with you. I’m just trying to find a reasonable middle-way. But for sure, removing said systems from PvP altogether is the best option.

Great Ideas tbh, but i do agree with the other guy that we need to leave out borrowed power COMPLETELY, and instead blizz should just focus on PvP talents and gear set bonus for PvP, with more unique trinks that can be acquired just for pvp.

Also the idea of the ilvls is great, I would just extend on that so the conquest weapons are 5 ilvls higher than anything else pvp gear wise, as something to aim for. So you could have weapons at 5 ilvls higher than honor, but 2k+ rating weapon that is ultimately 10 ilvls higher than honor.

It will simply give something to the slightly better players, but if you don’t get it, it won’t be the end of the world.

I don’t understand why we can’t pay for upgrades with wow token already

From a PvP perspective though, what would be the point in purchasing the next expac if all our abilities remain static?

Not that I’m against the idea (or planning on buying 10.0) but the ‘new abilities’ are the only real difference between expacs.

Removing borrowed powers doesn’t mean new abilities can’t be added. There have been several expansions in the history of WoW where the only borrowed powers were trinkets (and the occasional legendary), and the new abilities were added to the classes either via baseline or via talents.

All the borrowed powers does, is serve as a forced reason to do PvE content against your will, in order to be able to do the PvP content you actually want to do, for the players who doesn’t like the PvE content in the game.

The same as it’s always been. Some abilities go, some abilities stay, some new are added.

That’s anyway how the game functioned till Legion.

Oh ok.
When people talk about ‘borrowed power’ I think of Artifacts, Legendaries, Azerite armour, Soulbinds etc. -things that aren’t permanent from expac to expac.
Without them, I’d see no reason to purchase the next expac (from a PvP perspective). It’s not like we’d be missing out on cool new BG’s to play & our talents/abilities will get shuffled whether we buy it or not.

Yeh it sucks that players have to PvE + rated Arena to PvP.
Just another reason not to keep buying WoW. No more ridic grinds -just log in & play.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.