Can you ease it down with versatility already?

This is my weekly vault:
https://imgur.com/8tEWLQg

All 3 slots are items with versatility. Naturally in this stage of the season I still got plenty of slots to upgrade so this sucks balls. How is this fun or rewarding as a weekly reward that I have put effort into unlocking? I am not a Guardian, I am Feral and yes, my loot specialization was and is set to Feral at the time I opened my vault. I understand that the vault has some random nature to it, but come on, 3 freakin slots. Why is this still a thing?

I notice dungeons and other content also reward me with versatility items regularly and whilst I am aware dungeons have fixed loot tables, it would be very much appreciated if you reward me a crit/mast/haste item from that fixed loot table every now and then instead of vers.

1 Like

Vers is bis for some, for others it is trash.

Sadly, sometimes you spin the roulette that is the vault, and you get absolute garbage, even with 6-7 options to choose from.

I wish they implemented a bad luck protection in the form of some actual use for the tokens you can choose, so that you could maybe use them on specific items. Atleast then, if you got nothing in the vault, you could target something good.

1 Like

One way would be that say you have a chest, ring, and gloves from the vault - All of these have Mastery, which you dont want - so you could be allowed to take a different Chest, ring, or glove piece as an option that might not have Mastery on 'em.

But I suppose then it’d get super easy to get BiS and best stats, so I dunno if that’s the greatest idea ever either.

I would rather have vers than mastery as a general stat on my chars. Only a small handful of specs benefits more from mastery than versatility.

I love versatility. Can´t have enough of it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Imo Versatility shouldn’t exist in the first place. Just re-design mastery across the board for the damage part and re-intrdocue resilience.

There shouldn’t be a hybrid of buffs for damage and damage resistance in WoW. That only ruins specialization.

I’m still tilted they removed Multistrike but kept boring Versatility.

1 Like

Versa should just become the pvp stat.

Defensives can be tuned to make up for the loss of versatility.

Multistrike was far cooler as a stat.

And they should add more stat interactions within the specs themselves.

Like crit general idea is to create more resources or have a higher chance to proc effects etc…

Haste is self explanatory, and it’s also the undisputed best stat for gameplay.

Mastery is very specific to the spec, but we have too many masteries which simply increase the damage you do by a %. That should be improved.

Imo Mastery should basically just that. A multiplier for your healing/damage/resistance stat. Plain and simple.

Of course they still can keep their relevant conditions for it to trigger.

For example, on all 3 specs of Paladin:

• Protection Mastery = Within Consecration you take X% less damage, also increase your block chance by Y%
  • Holy Mastery = Your (Holy Power) healing abilities heal X% more, based on how close you are
  • Retribution Mastery = You deal X% increased (Holy) damage

Paladin has probably the most simplest yet most effective benefits of Mastery as a stat from my perspective. And imo that should be used as a template for all other classes if they ever rework Mastery.

on a bad chest week take the tokens for a socket dont see why you are crying like a baby

They really shouldn’t.

There is a reason why enhancement mastery, elemental shaman mastery and all masteries that do something actually interesting are way better.

All it takes to turn a bad mastery into a good one giving it some extra interactions within the spec. Elemental shaman is very unique, but in short, more damage, more resources, enhancement shaman increases your elemental damage, but also increases the chance to proc stormstrike, and windfury, which decrease downtime, and increase your resource generation.

Ret mastery could be divine purpose+some extra holy damage.

There is no justifiable reason why mastery should be this boring on so many specs.

1 Like

I was more referring to “effective to understand and play”.

It’s boring. That’s what it is.

It’s not hard to understand elemental shaman mastery. And yet, it’s leagues better than ret mastery. Because contrary to ret mastery it actually does something that is noticeable.

The function itself not, because they basically are all the same in their design goal. A DD does more damage in X condition, a healer heals more in Y condition, Tank takes less damage in Z condition. But the description for sure can be confusing.

Like for an average player it can be confusing to just read that…

… and increases all Fire, Frost, and Nature damage you deal by X%

Like, I can get it for Flame Shock but what does even count as “Nature damage”? Lightning Bolt can be for new players also be identified as an Arcane/Magic damage type. Not necessarily nature. Or for example Lava Lash. Does that one count as Nature or Fire damage?

In general if your class has several damage types it can become quite confusing. Really hope Blizzard adds more tags to spells like Dracthyr have based on their aspect skills (Red/Blue/Bronze/etc) so it becomes more identifyable.

In contrary a Paladin doesn’t need something fancy as “you have X% change to strike again with Y attack” like enhancement shamans have on Mastery. Simply because Paladins have class passives that do the very same. Like for example “Empyrian Legacy/Power”. Both Skills allow for more Divine Storm usages when rolling a chance and they are not tied to Mastery. Unlike Shamans.

Paladin may be “more boring” from your perspective in case of their design. But Paladin also doesn’t rely on Mastery to have such an advantage in the first place. It is already part of the class itself.

YES IT IS!

How is the function itself not boring??? All it does is increase your damage by a %. Only it’s x type of damage, that’s versatility levels of boring. It’s poorly thought out, lazy, uninspired garbage. I find the protection paladin mastery more acceptable, because at least it does something marginally interesting, although just barely.

If you get confused at reading frost fire and nature damage increased and chance to proc stormbringer/windfury, then i don’t even know what to say to be honest. All i can say to that is go back to school, you clearly need it if you’re the type of player that gets confused at that stuff.

Let’s drop the bs please, even i don’t think people are that stupid.

Also, enhance or elemental does not “rely” On mastery, it’s just a nice bonus that makes an enjoyable rotation even better. That should be the goal of stats.

The goal should be to take something nice, and elevate it, like haste does.

My man, not everything in a game has to be super complex or complex at all. People play games for fun. If you want complexity then I ask you to do some Einstein Math equations if you like complexity so much :slight_smile:

Woah dude. Tune down your elitism and stop insulting people in a passive-aggressive way because you don’t like their opinions. That gets you nowhere.

Isn’t the hypocrisy ironic?

You say “mastery shouldn’t be simple”, yet you say it should be like haste which is nothing else than “attack/cast X% faster”.

My guy, I think arguing with you is senseless. I feel like I am talking to 2 different personas here. Let us just leave it at that before this gets even more nastier than it already is.

Complexity? Jesus Christ.

Forget it, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

And as expected you don’t understand how haste works, and why it improves the rotation. Or you just don’t know wtf you are talking about, or you’re being purposefully obtuse. There is no “hypocrisy”

All it does is increase the rate of your rotation, how many things proc, and basically anything related to the rotation flow, but yea, it’s the same as a mastery that only increases the damage by a %. Your point doesn’t even pass the straight face test. You either don’t think, or you’re just here to “win the argument” No matter how stupid the discussion gets.

As for your shaming, i straight up don’t give a damn. It’s irrelevant anyway. You either have a good argument, or you don’t. And you don’t have a good argument, that’s all there is to it.

Either way, i’m done with you.

My bs meter has reached it’s limit for today.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.