Can you replace shadowmeld?

Huh… Thought it wasn’t supposed to do that, but apparently I’m wrong.

Btw, was thinking… If the rogue that attacked you was Assassination, they might have targeted you with Vendetta.
That would enable them to see you through stealth, maybe that’s what kept you in combat?

1 Like

If blizzard havent changed how shadowmeld works recently, it dosnt matter if the rogue or anyone else can see you, you will still get out of combat, all that matters is if he attacks you before you fly away.

In dungeons, it can be a little harder to SM from mobs, but if you have a little distance to the mobs and you get around a corner use SM instantly, and they cant see you and therefor you drop combat and they wont chase you anymore because the mobs cant see you in a straight line (only 100% working if you are solo or last player alive that is still in combat in dungeons), normally you dont need to get around a corner, but its the best way to be sure.

here is a macro i have used for many years, and it only ‘failed’ me once maybe 2 times, but only because of getting unlucky with an attack hitting me just as i used SM

#showtooltip Shadowmeld
/tar player
/cancelaura starfall
/cast [combat] Shadowmeld
/targetenemyplayer
/stopmacro [combat]
/cast [nocombat] !Travel Form

You dont really need to cancelaura starfall if you dont use it and you dont need to targetenemyplayer, i just like it to do that.

With this macro you can keep hitting it until you are in flightform or it failed if really bad luck, but you must know when you are in Flight form known as travel form, because if you hit that macro after the standard CD of being able to ‘dismount’ around 1 second after flying, you will cancel flightform

so just be aware when you are in flightform and then fly and stop hitting the macro anymore

its been fantastic for me over the years, had to edit the macro when they changed flightform to travelform

Test the macro in a duel with a friend and see if he can stop you from flying

The beauty of the macro is that you will fly instantly with SM getting you out of combat, if you use shadowmeld without the macro and have to check that you are in shadow meld (out of combat) before hitting fly, you risk getting in combat before flying…

I hope they will never chaneg this broken, overpowered racial. 100% working. If your bodyguard fights with someone it will not drop combat, if you engaged some monsters that engaged any npc and you use shadowmeld you will be in pernament combat until npc defeat monster

And if the monster defeat your bodyguard, the mob will come after you even if you stand in shadowmeld, because mob ignore shadowmeld for some weird reason when bodyguard keeps you in combat, just like when you are in a dungeon and party is in combat, you cant shadowmeld until everyone else is out of combat or dead.

if there is 2 NE or a rogue and a NE in a dungeon left alive, both have to use SM/vanish almost at the same time to get out of combat

L2p… learn to press? :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.