Can't believe classic is over already

I does not feel like it has been over a year and the last patch is happening. What are your plans now? I think I’m going to start levelling my tbc main, even if tbc doesn’t happen it will be fun to prepare for it. If blizzard doesn’t make tbc are pservers the next location so we can experience it again?

1 Like

my daughter was born two weeks before Classic went live. many a late night/ early morning swaddling her on my lap whilst fishing off the docks of Ratchet. For her the fishing bobber splash must be some deep rooted noise lost in her subconscious by now surely!

I’ve loved my time on Classic.
1 character.
1 journey.
1 great experience.
from starting out in the hot sands of Durotar, (lvling 10- 60 as prot warr xD) to tanking every dungeon multiple time for many a happy group, right through to the first time watching Ragnaros fall. it’s been epic. :sob:

TBC retail was where I started. Il definitely go on to play it if it happens.

13 Likes

I already said my goodbyes to Classic and switched to retail till TBC is here. Farmed together 20k gold and decided I’d rather keep that for TBC, rather than spend it on raiding Naxx (saw Naxx in Wrath). It’s been a fun and epic year, but yeah, the journey is over and I don’t need to repeat it again…

Just logging on from time to time, getting up that last WSG rep for Conqueror title in TBC (BG rep becomes more difficult without token turn-ins).

It’s been fun, there have been some Vanilla moments and some abominable 2020 Gamer moments, but I can’t say I regret playing Classic. It has entertained me over the last year.

Was realy fun first month (until some level 39) and staying there in that bracket.
After that, it all went downhill into min-maxing toxic limbo. Again, was fun from time to time, but not enough to keep me playing. I quit after rank 12 in April and never came back. They could make classic way better experience, but I think they failed hard !

1 Like

For you it’s over, personally I plan on playing it even when TBC comes.

9 Likes

You do realise Naxx releasing next week is not ‘the end’ as you claim? It’s the start of people finally putting everything they learned and achieved (gear, rep etc) to the test, the thing people were talking about since they were running around in Elwynn or Durotar and that is experiencing Naxx as current content, killing KT and getting their absolute bis gear in Classic. That puts things into perspective, no?

Yeah Naxx might turn out easier than we remember (which it will be in some way or form) but all the things I described give the game 6 months of stuff to do, at the least. And after that TBC!

For me Naxx is a way to get a head start in TBC, since loads of Naxx is gear is still very viable in early TBC- end game.

4 Likes

i believe it s over. when u hit 60 , all u have to do is to join raids. which means u have to find 20 more ppl to get some gear if u r lucky. and in my server it s very hard to gather 20 ppl. ppl cant even find tanks for 5 man dungeoun groups. i see ppl screaming in lfg channles for tanks even paying them gold but still cant find. u cant do anything solo in this game. pvp is terrible. to be able to get some gear u have to play 5-6 hours per day for weeks. i m paying this game alone… but to be able to play it i need 20 ppl :smiley: well groupingisnt a problem but if u cant find ppl in servers, that means u cant play game. if i cant play a game alone, why should i try to play? i looked for 2 dps for 5 hours for gnomeregan today :slight_smile: it s like a nightmare. unbelievable :slight_smile: can u imagine? u wanna do a dungeon but cant find 2 dps for 5 hours…

and now tonight we have been trying to find 8 ppl for raid for 1 hour, guess what happened? we couldnt have found and it s disbanded…if u could do things solo , it wouldnt be a problem but game is based on doing everything in group. so this is a problem. which makes this game impossible to play. and that means no need to try to play the game anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s what some people “like” about this game.
The fact you require to have a group to do pretty much anything in this game.
It’s why I rarely touch the game aside from raiding now xD.
Don’t even know whether I’ll stick with it for long after naxx either… depending on my guild’s situation.

It was a nice journey :slight_smile: from Teldrasil to SSvsTM to AV spamming when alliance won 90% of them to raiding up until my first C’thun kill 4 weeks ago.

Now the adventure continues in Shadowlands where i can play proper pvp / boomkin (not going oom is so weird though). I met the sweetest guildmates here on Pyrewood. And it really made this terrible year of 2020 pretty cool all things considered (or at least better).

All the best for those of you going in Naxx.

2 Likes

Kill KT first restet, then hang in there and try to persevere in farming Naxx as people start to leave. Maybe lobby for a joint Naxx effort with another guild. Ultimately tho, my goal is to keep the guild I love from disintegrating completely while waiting for TBC. It has already begun with a few losses to SL, and Naxx ain’t even open yet. Elune give me strength to keep returning to the dreaded necropolis.

Farm full t3 + atiesh xD

This. And get the Argent Dawn tabard in the event.

I enjoyed Classic a lot. And I’ll hopefully continue to enjoy it for many years to come, since the classic servers aren’t going anywhere. Even when TBC launches, Classic will be my little patch of heaven to just relax in when I’m not playing retail.

3 Likes

Farming a second Char to 14.

Just on a side note: People keep claimong wow is gonna die for over more than 15years now… Yet even classic was/is populair again, after years of private servers.
If u take a deep breath, and try!!! To use that brain you got…
It aint hard to relise… There wil always!!! Be A big player base for classic.
Just do ur homework a little.
O.o/

2 Likes

Big? No, there won’t be much left when/if TBC rereleases. Enough so it’s viable to keep a few servers up with Classic… yes.
Just look at MMO’s like Eve Online, they’ve been doing well for many years with 50k-100k players, it’s not all about raw player numbers.

Last leaked numbers has Classic at around 800k players. Still very respectable, but far from the millions of the glory days and this was before SL prepatch.

1 Like

You claim classic is going to remain big… there’s a big difference with the private servers…

The private servers RESTARTED… so your progress would be reset and you’d re-do it all.
If they do not restart, do you really think many people will stay in classic…?

My guild’s likely gonna have to disband, since we’re losing about 20 players after first Naxx clear(they’re making a choice between SL and classic) <-- which is why it’s so dumb to release them side by side.
Can I be bothered dealing with trying to recruit another 20 players? - Probably not… so chances are that the rest of our guild but a few will quit as well, whilst the rest get absorbed by guilds that also have the same issue.

Big is A matter of perspective…
And yes, i believe there is A relative(better?) big player base who would keep playing vanilla.
And i dont claim it will be, unlike you who asume he is right without knowing the real math behind it… I think!! There is.
Not facts i claim here, just my own 16years experience with the game and the community’s i’m evolved in.

Considering a lot of guilds are already almost disbanding on my realm, what exactly am I wrong about?
Do you really think that classic will remain big… whilst there’s no new raids/content coming out for it?
People would likely either just wait for TBC or go to retail.

You’re literally claiming it’ll be big… right there…

We had a wave of players quit on SL prepatch, which brought our roster down to 0 spares. I quit on SL release and 2 more followed within minutes, probably more soon after. This phenomena was seen across the server I was on, every guild had started panic recruiting. There is no ‘big’ in Classic’s future. If TBC releases over the Summer, Classic becomes a side project at most for a couple of Devs and will be near death by the end of 2021 without a full reset. If there is a reset and they just mirror the Classic patches, instead of true Vanilla patches, that will likely also kill it.

It has served its purpose, it kept WOW relevant and profitable long enough to put BFA out to pasture and get SL out

It is not over, we still have at least 6 months of Phase 6 to overfarm Naxx, and then, when TBC hits, you can stay there forever. Everyone wins.