Can't use games + Web browser

Hi. I can play World of Warcraft, Heartstone and Diablo III just fine, never any issues but as soon as I try to have a web browser open on my other screen (doesn’t matter if it’s like FireFox, Google Chrome and so on) my game will sooner or later freeze up and crash with:

“d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)”.

This has started happening lately and I have reinstalled my games, web browsers and did a DDU uninstall and fresh install of nvidia drivers, nothing helps.

1 Like

d3d11.dll is a Direct X command - try re-installing Direct X and see if it helps, you can also check for updates to your Drivers and see if any are out of date.

I ran the dxwebinstaller and it didn’t have to repair any directx files. I also tried 2 different nvidia drivers

There is a wiki guide available - just search the error (0xc0000005) and it will be the top entry. Sorry i can’t post links yet. But it shows how the error occurred and steps to repair it.

Hopefully this will help even a little :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Blue,

Different things could be causing a bit of trouble for you. Let’s go through the steps to close background applications completely, and retest again afterwards.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

NVM the browser, the error started occuring even without one open. Computer can run fine for a whole day and the next day it can barely run wow for 5 minutes.

Have tried every fix and every tool to check for ram errors, gfx errors and stuff. Every test pass and no fixes worked. Even tried replacing RAM, GFX card and reinstall windows again.

same problem, RAM is full (100%) then game crashes and internet browser crashes too

No ram problem here, I have 32 Gb.

Fun fact, if I use “Graphics API: DirectX 11 Legacy” in WoW it doesn’t seem to crash anymore.

I have 8Gb of DDR3 RAM have no problems when playing any game other than WoW.

As soon as I launch WoW, my RAM resources plummet until there is literally zero free memory and my PC starts paging to disk. This only started since the ‘new’ game architecture was introduced.

The only reason I have not installed additional DDR3 RAM is because I plan to upgrade my entire system at some point and anyway, WoW is supposed to run with 8Gb isn’t it.

1 Like