Change Dungeon Finder kick system

I would like to kindly request Blizzards WoW team to change (consider) the vote to kick system in such a way that kicks can no longer continue if you are in a boss fight.

Some info back: Out of boredom and lack of content, I levelled two characters from 1 to 60. Of course, I used the dungeon finder to find groups and my God. There are so many trolls present who just want to begrudge players. People are kicking you or others out of a group just right before killing the end boss. I had several times when the reason was: ā€œquick kickā€ ā€œfunā€ low DPS" ā€œretardā€ ā€œHe is French/Germanā€ ā€œtrollā€. The only reason they do it is that they get annoyed by another person while the strategy and DPS is fine. Or just want to piss em off to get a reaction. Heck I got kicked throughout the levelling journey a total of over 30 times while I was top DPS and everything, but I was called being white? Or they thought it was funny, Or because I am dead after the entire group wiped, so they needed a scapegoat.

I saw so many new players being kicked while doing a dungeon because they didnā€™t know the strategy. I was trying to explain to them and a vote to kick appeared with ā€œtakes too longā€. Obviously this is an awful experience for the new player. The worst thing is, you get dungeon finder locked if you get kicked right before the end of the dungeon. So you get kicked for no reason, and you have to wait? If a player is really that bad or a problem, you are able to notice it 2 bosses before the last boss and kick the player.

I am not saying to remove the vote to kick. But make it possible to not kick during a boss fight. This enables to actually think of the kick before doing it, and it stops trolls. You have no chance of beating the system if you get queued up with 4 premade that are German or French and you say: Tank you have to soak this abilityā€¦ and getting kicked 10 sec after. Before engaging you can kick someone or during add fights, but being able to kick 10 before a dungeon is over is such a bad thing in the system.

To make it at least make it possible to finish the fight and get the rewards. Being kicked out of envy and or just the other person is toxic or irritated by your presence for just being there??!!

What do you guys think?

The end
sorry for long post here is a potato o
im not english native so excuse my grammar

2 Likes

People used to stay in combat to avoid being kicked, pulling constantly.

5 Likes

Oh look another post about the Vote to Kick system in LFG.

OP: please ignore all the people saying Get Gud and ā€œFor Democracy!ā€

Blizz: Please pay attention to these posts. They come up a couple of times a week. These are stories from players being let down by this system.

5 Likes

I disagree, OP, I was in that boss fight where I need to move my pet else you couldnā€™t pull the boss off his platform and because I didnā€™t know what I was doing, plus we were already in combat, no one could explain to me what I was doing wrong as that would have wiped the group. Removing me was the best thing that they could have done and then after the fight they explained where I had gone wrong and why I was kicked.

I do agree that it isnā€™t always fair but I will always argue that this is the least worse option that they could implement.

Give bigger incentives for a group to stick together until the end.

1 Like

i had a different experience on my new mage in hc SD
from an entitled shaman with 25k hp that insulted both my mage and others damage
in a hc dungeon
and then he tries to abuse votekick against same mage BUT it was 3vs2
and he got surprised when the healer refused to heal him when he(his tank buddy) ran off
out of reach

1 Like

The kick system is fine as it is . Majority rules there isnā€™t any point in emphasizing what that means .
To many trolls , afk , leechers u name it .

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what the experience of others players in random dungeons.
But I never saw such thing, I rarely see people being kicked and the usuals reasons is:
-Tank is slow and donā€™t skip boss ( most of the time the vote failed )
-Dps or Heal, who pull big pack and bring them to the tank.

2 Likes

im sure if it was my 198 destro lock in that hc SD
instead of my 160ish fire mage i just hit 60 with
he wouldnt act like a entitled jerk who does hc dungeons to insult alts/new players damage
its a heroic dungeon not heroic raid

Never had this happen to me beforeā€¦you must get in some crappy groupsā€¦

They could have wiped, and then told you in text?

4 Likes

I prefer having the kick option, to have it but not need itā€¦ than to need it but not have it.

+100% XP with initial group, -50% per removed player.

Those people want to level fast, make use of that fact. :wink:

6 Likes

Or they could have done what they did, boot me and finish the dungeon without wiping.

What I really should have done is explained to the group that it was my first time in the dungeon and asked for them to explain any tactics prior to commencing rather than assume that as it was a levelling dungeon that it would be simple.

Itā€™s strange that they kicked you and after explain the start.
Usually peolple explain before the boss if itā€™s a new dungeon or if there is a wipe, they explain before the second pull.

I even saw a lot of players telling that they donā€™t know the strat and want some explanation, next time do this when itā€™s the first time you do a dungeon.

Leveled over 20 characters mainly through LFD - never had any problems. I guess some people just attract kicks?

4 Likes

They explained it after they had downed the Boss and had time to explain rather than trying write a wall of text during the encounter itself. I found it fair as otherwise we would have been in that boss room for a very long timeā€¦

In fact 30 minutes later I re-queued for the same dungeon and just switched to MM for that Boss and the run was a full success.

This would work well, but the minus xp is a bit harsh. In some cases someone could just leave for personal reasons, but it should help stop people getting kicked so much.

Stronger together - enjoy 100% more experience while the group stays together!

Worlds apart - A member left your group - xp is now baseline (display time remaining - starting as a 60 min debuff on the player/s)

That sounds reasonable.

Imo the best solution to this problem is, instead of treating the symptom, treat the disease:

Find a way for people to meet up in the open world and sign up for dungeons and make that more attractive than using the LFD system.

Maybe take the bonus reward out of the LFD system and put them into manual PuGā€™s instead.

2 Likes

I disagree with you.
Normal dungeons are levelling dungeons. They are made for people to learn and not just for ā€œcallingsā€. You should expect any kind of player and skill and keep your bar very low.

Of course if a player goes AFK the kick automatically starts under certain conditions. If he announces the reasons of the AFK I will wait a bit before kicking :slight_smile: Itā€™s just a normal dungeon guy. Itā€™s even doable in 4 at level 51 :rofl:

3 Likes