Change Evoker

Please Blizzard, change Evoker to a class for every race. That race then becomes your visage and you then turn into your Dracthyrian form in combat.

You could then customise your Dracthyr form and your race form in the character customisation screen.

Hovering over a player in game would then just say; ‘Gnome Evoker’ or ‘Tauren Evoker’ etc.

This to me makes way more sense. Why are we making an individual race that can only be one class? Its illogical.

Pleeeeease change it! Please.

8 Likes

So the option to choose your race would be as pointless as the human form of worgen then. Soooo, why? Aside from the Racial disaster once more since those things still havent been removed from the game as they should have been.

I agree that the race should have more class options but them being the only race for evokers at least during dragonflight is absolutely fine.

5 Likes

Because the race can have a racial that is actually busted. Considering it’s looking like the Dracthyr racial will be DH-style flying, they immediately become the best race for every class.

In fact, I think something Blizz should do is copy Allods Online in this aspect, and have each race have a unique racial for each class that synergizes with that class specifically and fits the class fantasy. That way racials can be much more busted, much more interesting and more integral to your class.

DH comes under night elves and blood elves, their gliding ‘racial’ in just integrated into the class. They can just do that with evoker.
Also, Dracthyr cant be any other class apart from Evoker. Having them available for all races, so you basically pick your visage, wouldn’t effect any other class. You would get the visage racial and what ever is inbuilt to the class, like the DH gliding is.

It’s not pointless. By picking Evoker, you are picking the dracthry race.

The Dracthrys true form can fly, the visage form will most likely not be able too.

1 Like

I agree with the OP. It would make the race a bit more interesting.
Now… I still wouldn’t play it, because I just don’t find the evoker appealing. I’ve never been that into playing casters.

The thing that instantly killed evoker for me was the fact that you have to hold down the key on some abilities to “charge” them up. I’ve never liked that mechanic in any of the games that I’ve encountered it in and I sure as hell won’t like it in WoW either.

2 Likes

I’m responding to why only dracthyrs can be evokers and why they can’t be any other class, though.

As for having diffrent visage forms - normally I would support this, of course. The visage form is magical from what I gather, so it can be anything. But the way WoW’s engine works, this would mean Blizz putting in insane work into the visage forms. Each visage form needs to have the customization specifically tailored to it, because WoW’s engine doesn’t automatically scale hairstyles or body textures to the model.

And I’d much rather have them spend that work elsewhere. Putting in the equivalent of 8 allied races’ worth of work just to get a visage form working is a waste of labor. And then that visage form won’t even be used, because I’m dead certain we are looking at a new worgen situation. But at least the worgen human form is just humans, so it wasn’t extra labor to have it.

2 Likes

I would like to see Evokers/Dracthyrs eventually be able to take on forms of other races. Hopefully they will be unlockable through a “Heritage Armour” style questline/achievement. But still be Dragons. You wouldn’t necessarily choose it through the Gnome character creation screen, because you’re still making a Dracthyr. You would just have the gnome model unlocked.

However, I would rather Blizzard concentrate on making the Class good to play and then adding customisations to it later on.

I don’t think that Evoker should be open to other Races, since well, Evoker/Drathyr is a race/class link in itself.

Do they though? Dracthry, like Worgen fights in their “bestial” form. The visage form is purely a cosmetic choice and the vast majority of dragons we have encountered in their visage are looking exactly like a normal individual.

While the thought was good from blizzard to make some draconic looking humans/elves it was at the same time unnecessary.

I agree that it would be a waste IF they did it like that.
And I’m not suggesting they should.

They should make the visage forms the regular races with their regular options and just add a few ‘dracthyr specific’ features… Such as skin with some scales and different eyes and such.

The two-tone hair option should be for everyone. Not just this new race. For instance. So then it’s not a waste anymore.

But yeah… It’s not really the evoker I want see changed… It’s the Dracthyr.
And I want to see more classes for the Dracthyr. Limiting it to just one is flat out stupid imo.

1 Like

I do think it would be cool if the visage form was just magical, and let’s say you could learn more visages as your dracthyr levels up and explores more of the world. And to make them stand out from regular races, maybe they keep their wings while in visage form.

Me too, and this will definitely come in the future. One aspect I like is the storytelling of this artificially created race that was locked away for thousands of years - they developed their own unique fighting style, which is the Evoker. They were disconnected from the rest of civilization, so they didn’t learn magic, or demon summoning or even warrior techniques. As they spend more time with the Horde or Alliance, they will learn how to do these things.

On the gameplay side, as long as their racial is flying and racials aren’t dramatically reworked for the rest of the races, I really don’t see how opening dracthyrs up to different classes won’t immediately make them the mandatory race to play for all classes. Flying is just a busted racial.

This is why I think every race should have unique racials for every class - racials that are busted and a core part of your class’s rotation, changing gameplay in a meaningful way based on your race. That way, dracthyrs can get away with having some form of flying for all classes (and hell, different classes can have different flying skills), because orcs, humans, trolls, etc. can offer their own busted racials to bring to each class.

Racials being tied to race only means they need to be quite anemic, and sometimes not a good fit for a class.

Its as pointless as the human form of worgen if you go into the dragon form automatically during combat. It would behave the same and ergo be the same. Also none of the other races have any connection to envokers.

No race has connection with the dracthry, they choose their visage at the end of their intro.

Doesnt change the fact that no race has any connection to the envoker class. They have no tie towards it. They dont even know its a thing. You can have it further down the line for all i care.

Unless you want to imply the Dracthry RACE uses an illusion of some other race. But this brings us back to that if they transform into their dragon form then the other race is absolutely pointless just like the human form of worgen is.

Maybe Worgen evoker would be like: no human form but staying only worgen and then combat to dracthyr

Doesnt work. Worgen dont turn into worgen during combat because they “want” to. They cant control it.

Seem similar to the humans and night elves,when they enter combat, they turn into worgen again, not Humans or night elves

Difficult to control it

Someone didn’t catch that Evoker is Dracthyr. The human/elves we select in character selection is their illusion/visage form.

Agreed.

Both the Dracthyr race and Evoker class are a creation within the same story plot which involves none of the other races, it makes sense that they at least are the only ones to be that class at least for a while.