Changes to Classic (via Classic+) are inevitable if the game is to survive

I saw the massive outrage on almost every comment section about the Survey.

The players who don’t want classic “fixed” are absolutely clueless in my eyes, but these very same players are speaking from their heart and their absolute blind love for the game. This is fine.

Now, let me tell you… all of you… a few things that are going to change your mind about the survey and how you view WoW Classic.

• Do you remember the tip in the loading screen saying “Take everything in moderation, even World of Warcraft!” ? Let that sink in first.

Hard to swallow pills.

1. World of Warcraft: Classic is not meant to survive in the long term without attention being payed to it.
  • Via an expansion a lot of the issues were addressed, issue which will kill the game unless re-addressed for the sake of the longevity of Classic.
  1. There are bugs that are taking place right now that are destroying player’s experience for them or others. (Heroic Strike hit cap, Spell Batching debuffs, Consecration debuff, and far too many more).
  2. You can still enjoy playing Classic in it’s modernized and well thought version while remembering the hard days and learn from them.
  3. Sulfuras is an Orange Epic.

Want more? Here you go…
5. There will be a time where you’ll be sniping discord servers hoping for a Dragonslayer Buff for days without you getting one. There are only so many players that can do the quest.
6. World Buffs are absolutely detrimental to the World of Warcraft Classic experience.
7. You don’t care about killing the boss for the loot, you care about what the loot will do to your logs. ouch

We can go on and on and on…

Truth be told my friends… changes are needed if we care about the game to survive.

And let me devastate you with the last sentence.

• F R E S H is made by the “server holders” for the new coming players to have a chance at the game, not for you to relive the flawed experience.

Take care.

People have been playing vanilla on private servers since the tbc release. All it needs is fresh servers every two years or so.

4 Likes

Agreed, the game is flawed - yes - and I could personally do very well without the world buffs or the spellbatching but that aside all I truly want is F R E S H realms from phase 1 every few years and I’m sure a lot of us will pay ActiBlizzard for many more eons to come. Company happy, players happy.

Or a year. Some private servers run at double speed and when progression ends it’s merged to master realm and new fresh starts. You can keep playing on master or roll new fresh.

It’s a game, you are not forced to play it indefinitely.

People do what they want. If they want fresh they will reroll fresh - either Blizzard if given and pserver if not. Nobody cares what you want. You mean nothing.

so do you friend

And that’s why I play video games for fun and can swap them easily. Not as a religion or second job to dictate how others must play a video game.

You mean they must add Seasons (seasonal-not seasonal character)

this whole thread is false on one simple premise:

When players progress to TBC, no amount of changes will save the current classic servers. New content won’t bring people back because they’re invested into TBC.

The only future for classic are NOCHANGES fresh realms. You might say, aren’t people too invested into TBC to play those as well? The answer is simple: yesn’t. Because fresh realms would be a NEW release, the hype phase would attract many people back that would most likely return to their TBC toons after that hype period. The changes they made were damaging enough and removing them would be the only ‘changes’ I’d support. That’d include not 1.12.2 everything from phase 1 and removal of things like instance cap and breaking alliance premades. If you don’t want them spamming drek in AV, bring back old school AV. Simple

I mean there are somechanges that I’d personally consider improvements like disabling world buffs in raids but after seeing how far people take this ‘we got somechanges now so we should change EVERYTHING’ has really put me off.

Cross-realm? Premade group finder? Permanent layering? Dual spec? level boosts? WoW Tokens? No… No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.