Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options for the British Pound (GBP)

you are right in most respects. while there were a lot of comments about brexit, only about 6 were antagonistic (and reported). its maybe just a symptom of those shouting loudest make it seem like they are a crowd where as really they are a few. its just so annoying.

the whole thing has been a mess up. those in charge of it in uk dont want it and thus try to hinder it, and those in eu purposely try to make things difficult. and of course there a :poop: stirers like your named rhyme who just seem to be stiring the pot.

it should have been fairly simple. out of the thousands of rules that bind us, only a couple of dozen needed to change. who ever mentioned pulling out of interpol? or not contributing to ESA? no, they are only saying that to make things look bad. same as your medication which im sorry about, but why did anything need to change there? that was not what any of this should ever have been about, UNTIL they made it about it. both sides. come on, look at the last two people who should have been taking care of it? may and bojo, or maybe the poster boy for it all? barrage! all dont want this really, it just gives them a nice talking point for keeping them in power.

but brexit has taken up too much time in this thread as it is.

edited to not be against the silly reasons it was taken down…

No. i dont expect you to empathize with anything. at this point i just expect you to stop spewing your intolerance.

seriously, how thick are you. each intolerant rant you post just proves my sub-point more and more. this is why more people in the middle like me are getting squeezed to the sides because of idiots like you on BOTH ends of the spectrum.

i’ve tried to leave the subject and move on because im obviously dealing with someone (that at least in this aspect) doesn’t have the mental stability to think rationally.

for the love of all thats holy will you just shut up about brexit. that was my original point. why is brexit being brought up here. it doesn’t seem logical it is the reason as we are talking about prepaid balance being used.

either comment on the thread topic or just go do another pointless protest and stop some more NHS workers getting to work.

but most of all.

SHUT UP!

moderation is one thing, politically connected censorship is another.

Just put him on ignore. The more you reply the more he replies and then you end up getting a ban because you’ve snapped and broken the forum rules all the whilst this really unfair change to how we Brits can purchase game time gets brushed away into a corner because now brexit and your argument is the main focus.

1 Like

you are right. it just annoys me more now that the moderators and gm’s i’ve been speaking to have taken a side (and the wrong side in fairness) possibly based on political bias.

but again, yes you are right, and yes this is very unfair on uk players. it would be nice if they explained why they actually did it, then we could debate that, rather than trying to come up with all possible reasons, and weighing up the likely-hoods and ethical position of each.

According to that video they actually put more resources into Blizzard (and WoW is probably the most selling Blizzard game right now).

I wouldn’t mind if they pulled a No Man’s Sky on WC3 Reforged and salvaged it but it’s unlikely they’ll commit to that.

1 Like

So today i wanted to gift a friend game time from UK but we can not anymore thanks for removing that blizzard and i can not even send him balance either not impressed at all .

3 Likes

Personally, I usually buy the six month purchases, coz I don’t like the idea of being tied down to a subscription, especially since my interest in playing the game has steadily dropped with recent expansions, and mechanics like key dungeons, forced dungeon and raiding built into the story, borrowed power and RNG gear that I abhor.

But that aside, there are people who can only afford the one month purchase every so often, who are now screwed, or will have to scrimp to buy a 2 month purchase.

This is disgusting behaviour Blizzard - and to do so now, in a time of financial crisis for so many low income people, with the current pandemic, and nationwide furlough, and redundancy.

Clearly this is a ploy to get the subscription numbers back up, since they continue to fall each expansion.

How do you figure that, a time card counts as subscription and you can cancel the subscription it as soon as you pay for the month.

Before I knew what I was doing I used to buy tons of Game Cards.

Then I found my payment of choice the £52 per 6 months non subscription. But I can’t to that anymore. Now it’s £20 ish for 2 months. I have no problem with paying to play WoW but I’m disabled with low income so I never subscribe to anything unless it’s like £5 per month etc

It’s the subscription part I never liked

If you play enough to earn enough gold in game for a token you can still convert a token from the AH directly into 30 day game time.

Your other option is to take out the 30 day sub option and then immediately cancel the reoccurrence part of the sub.

They should rename themselves to Greedzard. That would be much more accurate…
If this is their goal, then this small indie company is on the right path of losing their remaining playerbase.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah, it effectively is a ridiculous move, as it prices some customers out of the market who would otherwise be paying, the same amount of money, but at a pace according to their means (Before anyone goes ‘oh, an expert in finance are you?’ just going to say “Yes I am”)

I don’t think it was thought through properly, and probably this is because Blizz is an American company and they don’t exactly understand UK finances. For example, they don’t understand how Universal Credits works (I don’t think the Tory party do either but that is a separate issue). Most Brits don’t understand it. The default setting is monthly. You don’t have to put up with that, you are completely within your rights to turn around and say “No, that doesn’t work for me, I want half of it every two weeks” (Oddly, whilst it shouldn’t, this does make it easier to budget) Americans do things differently with money, like ehh, in the UK, you want a Mortgage. You want that stability, and in the end you will own your house. Absolutely. Bricks and Mortar, everything. My Mother was able to pay off the remainder of the Mortgage when my father passed away. She completely absolutely owns the house. She has to pay for utility bills, but that is it. She is absolutely secure for the rest of her life.

Americans don’t do that. Very few Americans take out Mortgages. They rent. They rent for their entire lives, so effectively there is no legacy, no property to leave to their children in the unfortunate event of their demise. Weirdly the amount of money they spend renting, is far vaster than they would have spent paying a mortgage, and at the end of it they still own nothing.

It is just how two very similar, yet at the same time very different culture’s view things. Over here, you can have open heart surgery for free. In America, a mother is charged for being able to hold their newborn child after birth.

It is a bizarre way that we handle money.

Ever since the Phoenicians popularised the idea of money it has never been otherwise. Nobody goes into business with the idea of not making money. Even Charities make money, I mean their staff have to live and pay the bills, they need to charter aircraft to take supplies to at risk countries, they need to actually -buy- the supplies.

You can’t survive on ‘good will’. You need a living wage. So calling Blizzard ‘Greedzard’ is just ridiculous. Would you still go to work each day if you got paid nothing? I know I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

Alright, me and my 250 iq will have to clarify what this change means.

Basically they show a middlefinger to f2p players, this change aims only battlenet balance users who buy token and convert it to battlenet balance. In the past they were able to buy gametime with discounted prices especially 6 month one, which is the one I currently use. They basically made WoW less free2play with this change.

This won’t impact big sharks like me or auction house goblins we will always have more than enough gold but it will impact those new players or young kiddos who can barely pay for 1 month sub.

Idk if this makes sense businesswise. It may not be as profitable as it seems for this greedy company. Time will tell if they revert these changes we will understand.

TL;dr : They don’t want people to save battlenet balance hence they are taking away discounts from people who have battlenet balance via gold, bobby needs 300m unlike 200m next time :smirk:

not only.

since i started playing WoW in 2007, i have ALWAYS used timecards bought in a physical shop or amazon.

then, i chose how i wanted to use the £19.98 or £15.00.

a lot of the time i did just get 60 days. but i did buy the 6 months for the price of 5 option a couple of times (180 days). i note, even after paying for 6 months, i was not given the boat mount.

however, since 8.1, more and more i have bought time month by month, even though there is funds on my account for 2 months. this is because i didn’t feel drawn to play much, and often took breaks from a few days to a few weeks between purchases. buying game time on MY terms. but now i cant do that. i am forced to buy 60 days and cant take a break on my terms. this is NOT an accident.

the fact that time cards are sold (at least in the UK) in GAME, WHSmith, Asda, Tesco and more, means they must still be a highly popular form of payment. but now… … …

2 Likes

Just add an amount option to the 30 days game time, where you can buy one 30days, two 30days(60), three 30days(90), so on and so forth. this way everyone can choose the amount they want without limiting everyone to the specific 60days rule.

SO people are running away from wow, 9.1 is lightyears away and this is your response? Bizar, maybe it’s time indeed to quit.

1 Like

PTR will be with us in two weeks roughly.

Was generally already bored of the game atm,
Content patch is eons away, so yeah final nail in the coffin for being trodden on by activision :L
Cancelled sub >.<

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.