Character customization

It’s whole new faces. cheating really.

Well, like I said; I think they can’t actually seperate the eyes from the face customization due to engine limitations. I could be wrong of course.

1 Like

It’s engine limitations due to it not being code for that but then again we never had ‘HD’ models new flashy effects, 64 bit, DX11 then DX12.

If Blizzard wanted to do this they would do this, just like new armor that’s dyeable, or coat armor for players

They had the perfect opportunity when they made new models in WoD but decided not too.

Sadly I think you might be right on that engine limitations screws things up as far as customization is concerned but still it would be so beautiful one day that wow implements AIONs customization so many hair and eyes and body presets I can dream .Don’t take my post as negative take it as a suggestion cause I want the same thing as you do.

Could have at least slapped eyebrows on beardless night elf male facial hair option. :frowning:

You are a dk and dk’s are ment to have the dead blue eyes!

I disagree on this point.
They have explained that the way they make their game (that is; with painted textures and such), it is not possible to make dyable armor as an overlay.
They could of course make more colored versions of gear and let us choose which version we want to use, but at the moment the different colors are used to differentiate between the various sources of that armor (raid difficulties etc).

Making dozens of different versions of the same armor, with different main colors, different trims, different secondary colors etc is just not cost effective.

You guys are too sceptical.
Middle top one. Think it was the Blizzcon from middle of WoD they showed it.
https://images.gamewatcherstatic.com/image/file/6/de/12726/0038769.jpg

3 Likes

im not talking for my class or race im talking for all of them. giving bloodelfs yellow eyes only shows that it is possible to change

I am quiet happy with my Mag’Har customisation options.
They look bad ook, black…rock ofc
Warsong my personal fav.

And never forget - then hairstyles.

Lol’That.

Also, what is the point of deep deep customisation, I’d like 80% of the time character faces are either covered by some low poly Armor from vanilla , or overly edgy mythic helmet from WOD.

At the very least what we should get is more variation in skin selection, special features , textures and what not.

If talking about custom skins and custom textures… I don’t think I want to see my precious, gorgeous looking orcs be turned into C3PO or R2D2

Only reasons I can think about why WoW customization s…ks is lazines or just being cheap.

2 Likes

Well thank you that’s what I wanted it’s personal reasons for being skeptical been betrayed and lied too many times before so I seek proof always.

I would love to have armor that is not a bodypaint. There are such things, like ToS paladin’s mythic gear with those fancy skirts or Trial of Valor chestplate being a real chest PLATE.

They gotta keep that in mind too.

Hence why i said new armor.

When I played Ragnarok Online the stylists have up to 600 color options for armor and hair and over 500 hair styles.

Yes, I would love more hair styles and hair color choices.

2 Likes

mmorpg ? where is the RP if everyone looks the same its like clonewars.

2 Likes

First of all, there is little customization if they into account just one race. But I have yet to see a game with so many unique race models. The amount of races alone make it hard to give a lot of customization to every one. I might be wrong if so then please someone show me a game with 32 unique character models where each one has more customization than WoW.

Another thing is that it’s just old and it ratains the old customization standards. The game is quite big and making big changes to the whole custimzation system would tak a lot of time and effort. Becasue you not only have to make the changes to the system. You also need a new system that will convert player data to the new system. You need to go through all npcs that use those models and adjust them or make sure they all look as they supposed to be.

With that being siad I think that 9.0 might bring us some character customization revamp. If you’re gonna do this you do this with new expansion. Just one expansion ago they added 3 new customization slots that are cutomizable and expandable and they used them to good result with allied races. It would be time to at least bring older races up to par with the new allied races standards if not beyond(eye color, tatoos, face paint).

1 Like

I want Blood Elves to get blue eye color option because i want to see the forums explode.

4 Likes

Making just way more options to just overall head customizaion (not including body shape) and color isnt big deal, just some art work. WoW character customization is one of worst on the mmo market. I can think about two reason why is that… dev laziness or just being cheap.

2 Likes

That’s a misconception, every game engine or software component in general regardless to its age can be changed to support new functionality/features and the game engine was probably evolved many times to support all kinds of new capabilities that weren’t available before and were introduced with certain expansions so it’s a mistake to think that just because it’s old it’s the exact same engine it was 15 years ago, software objects are very different than physical objects and therefor have different properties so to make it short the former can evolve whereas the latter tend to decay.

To stay on topic, I do think that they should add more character customization and I do think that it’s feasible.

3 Likes