Character freezes in place and slow loading textures after loading screen

Hello, today, after about half-year break I came back to WoW, and I’m experiencing weird bug, after each loading screen (after log into the game, after taking teleport etc.) my character freezes in place, I cannot move it but in fact it is moving becouse marker on minimap moves and after about 30 second I’m teleported into another place. It’s very uncomfortable, my internet connection is fine, my computer device fulfill requirements and my graphic drivers are up to date, what can I do? It is frustrating sooo much. What is more, when I finally regain control over my char, the textures are loading much longer then before, sometimes over 1 minute to be able to look at the world map.

4 Likes

Heya,

Thank you for listing the steps you have gone through. Let’s continue by going through the steps to clear your UI (addons) and try once more afterwards. Let me know if that helped, if not; are other characters affected as well?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

1 Like

It’s happening on all my characters. I have tried to delete addons, WTF, cache, reinstalling game, but still no progress. It’s super frustrating that I have to wait 30 seconds after I join dungeon to do something, even move.

I have same issue. I also started playing again after a few months away from gaming. I even tried re-installing the game on another HD, and still have same issue.

Tried playing without the add-ons too but not change.

I can see that resources are loading one by one and after a while I’m good to go.

This issue is even more strange as my character disappears if I mount-up, but I can see my arrow in mini-map.

Frustrating. Didn’t use to be like this a few months back…

4 Likes

Same here. Since 8.2 came out, i have pretty weird performance issues even though i shouldn’t have any of these, since my pc is pretty good and all drivers are up to date. The loading screens are longer, when i mount up in after logging in, the camera stays in one place while i can’t see myself, but i can see everyone else moving around, my game freezes for 5~ seconds every 30 minutes or so (which doesn’t sound that bad but its still frustrating as hell, especially in M+ where you can die easily in 5 sec).

But these issues are only present when i play BfA content. None of these happens when i level my alts for hours.

6 Likes

Yh those steps of yours Blue aint working.

I am also suffering with this, I have deleted all addons and reloaded it. It is even happening on a 2nd PC I have. A tad disappointing on returning from a 6 month break on WOW.

1 Like

Same here. Thought it would be fixed after a week or two with hotfix, but when I log in, my char can be seen, but if I mount, it disappears and movement can be seen on minimap but I can not see the char on screen.

/console worldPreloadNonCritical 0 helps with loading screen times, but not with the up to a minute wait before I can see my char. Am using an RX 570 8 GB graphic card that I have to throttle at 100 fps or it will run the game at 170 fps. So I doubt the issue is on my side unless it’s an addon problem. Most here say that disabling addons doesn’t help, so I’m ruling it out until further notice.

1 Like

I’m talking about this with GMs for a week now, i just did a full ui reset and didn’t help, its not an addon problem. I was think about it might be an NVIDA problem(got a 1070) but since you have an AMD thats definitly not the case.

1080 user here… also have issues
seems to be nvid their latest driver update at looks of it

problems:
long loading screen - cant move for few sec due mount loading
sometimes in raids dont even see thrash or abilities at first pulls…

so lets raid the nvidia reddit…

1 Like

Changed to DirectX 11 Legacy and it helped a lot. Not 100% but often gives instant mounting with no image loss. Dalaran Legion still slow.
I thought I had it set to legacy before due to fps issues. Maybe a patch or something reset it, or I reset it myself. I can’t remember.

1 Like

Hey Wendiga, while the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid ‘necro’ posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn’t helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information, but as a starting point when it comes to issues like this with loading screens and slow loadings it’s best to start by disabling your addons and resetting the user interface (especially after a patch!)