Character Synchronization

I have a Paladin on the live server for about six years now and hearing that the single-minded fury is coming back to the game I was thinking about levelling an alt warrior in Shadowlands. And here came the bitterness. I thought through all the quests, all the questlines to open up content or change the world, all the reputation grinds and stuff that I’ve earned in Draenor garrison and legion nightfallen faction stuff and immediately I felt exhausted and daunted by all the stuff that I should do with my new character.

I think Blizzard should make an option for players like-minded, to synchronize a selected character’s progression with the other ones on the account. This way, people will don’t have that daunting thought waiting in the shadows while playing a fresh character.

What is your opinion?

3 Likes

As nice as that’d be, why would your alt need all that progression for old content?

5 Likes

It’s not that bad tbh or atleast not something that would make me bitter.

All the timegating from previous expansions is gone, most unlocks are accountwide these days.

For example this DH is just an alt of mine that i made a few months into BFA launch. All the Suramar and Broken Shore stuff for the Class Hall transmog and Class mount took me less then a week to do. If there is a Legion assault up you could do the whole class mount questline in one day. I mostly did all this stuff between my dungeon queue’s.

Most stuff from previous expansions is heavily nerfed as well, rep gains are pretty sizeable. Timegating removed. The garrison is nice to have but all the gold gain from it is nerfed too.

In the end, my opinion is if you wanna enjoy an alt, don’t become disheartened because of previous expansion stuff. From what I can tell there is so much content coming in Shadowlands, You’ll spend most of your time being able to play in the current expansion anyways.

1 Like

Continue on your main and make the alt in Shadowlands when you’re bored of end game content.

1 Like

You could wait til pre-patch and then level your warrior in legion, helping you progress with class order storyline as much as possible while levelling. Suramar is no longer time gated, I believe, and I read somewhere that even the later island quests for the class mounts were nerfed.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone writing to this topic. Of course these statements are true, but I’m that type of a player/guy who likes when something is done and finished in the past. And I mean I want to progress further by everything finished (quests/storylines/reputations) in past expansions. Thus I feel more immersed, because it gives the impression that every hole is patched up and the world is completed.

okey but thats a very specific problem. i dont think blizzard will implement some sort of sync just because a handfull of people want everything completed on every character.

maybe you should treat your warrior as a fresh character and start anew with everything and pretend your paladin doesnt exist?

you want my honest opinon

DOnt roll a Warrior for SMF… it’ll likely Scale worse then TG and u’ll just be Driving urself to being Sub-par for the sake of a Aesthetic… not worth the time investment for such a thing realistically.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.