Character transfer when migrating to TBC platform

Hello,

I know that paid character transfer from PVE to PVP realms are not possible and this will also not be possible in TBC, and I can understand why they not are allowing this. Something I wish they could do for those people that are stuck on a PVE server and want to move to a PVP server is to give it as an option when you choose to migrate your character from WoW Classic to TBC Classic. Like a one time opportunity. Doing it this way you are able to move your character to a pvp server before you start to play in TBC, you won’t have any major advantages then. And if you choose to not move to a PVP server when migrating then you are not allowed to move to a PVP server later. This is something I wish for myself rather than having to level a new character to play in TBC. They are going to offer a boost to level 58 one time, then I think it would be just as fine to give this as an option aswell… What do you think?

1 Like

Well, tbh…They said they wanted to keep it all as it was(classic)…but they let people server change(which DIDNT exist back then) - So why the heck is it not possible to transfer from PvE to PvP? Makes no sense…if they want to keep it as it was they shouldnt have had any transfers imo…

And if they’re afraid of people farming gold/mats on PvE servers to transfer it over to a PvP server, just dont let em bring that stuff with them…simple as that.

Theres no reason to not let people go from PvE to PvP…just a stupid rule they first set and they ‘‘have’’ to stick with it…I thought they liked to earn money…so since they let people transfer, which wasnt allowed back then, they might aswell let all servers be transferable…

1 Like

I don’t think they are ging to make this happen. You could, however, use the paid Boost to reroll on a PVP Server and maybe even use your old character’s Name and appearance. This is most likely the closest you are ging to get.

Server transfers were added in vanilla. Patch 1.11.

You couldn’t go pve to pvp though (same as now) for obvious reasons.

Yes, that is what I will do if they wont open for this. I just dont see the difference? I dont see the point in allowing a free boost ( not classic style) but you are not allowed to move a character you already have to the desired realm) Lets say you will have to choose then, either take a level 58 boost on that realm, or move a character you already have to that realm, sound stupid… but again not any more stupid than a level boost. I dont have anything against the boosting, but since they open for this then I think they just aswell can open for a one time PVE to PVP transfer, same as they have the one time boost.

The reason in my opinion is that levelling on PvE realms is so much easier without the threat of being ganked and the such.

So it would cheapen the PvP realm levelling. Also people would get the best gear then go to a PvP realm. Which is why you can change from a PvP realm to a PvE one.

I understand that its wrong to allow leveling on a PVE server and then transfer, but I dont think you really understood what I ment. Also, I lvled from 1-60 on Firemaw, then I transfered to a PVE server to play with some friends… and they quit… So now I want to get back to that server since I have more online friends there. Thats why I am saying that since they offer a a lvl 58 boost on which server you want, why shouldnt you just be able to move any of your characters there? let they have their gear, but empty all gathering mats and set a limited amount of gold to follow over…

I don’t think Blizzard can set a level limit on character transfers, it’s all or northing. The lower level will be hard coded.

1 Like

this is such a stupid idea. If they kept server transfers available they could atleast make pvp server transfers available for pvp server only - pve to pve. RP no available transfers. ( something like that ) its really sad that blizzard devs have the brain of a squirrel.

Currently you can transfer two ways, PvP to PvP and PvP to PvE. The RP part doesn’t enter into the equation.

can you do pve - pvp ? if not thats a good change or how it works.

It’s not available and it’s not a change, it’s always been like that.

I believe they used this argument back in the day when they introduced paid realm transfer. Not 100% sure tho.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.