Character with that name already exists

i try to change name of the cache,wtf and interface folders but nothing changed.
im still geting the same error. any1 knows a solution?

It usually means that the character you are trying to log into has got stuck in Limbo. Try to leave it 15-20 mins and it should fix itself.

1 Like

I have been waiting for 10 hours. :grinning:

This occurs when you have a crash or alt-f4 out, the server still thinks you are logged on. Usually it is cured by waiting, if not, and I’ve never heard of that not working, it could be someone else is using your account. Try changing your password.

^This. Not only in case someone else in on your account, but it should also do a soft reset of your account which may also fix it.

i can play with my other characters.:slight_smile:

Yes, I know, but this error is only happens on one character usually.

12 Hours…

same, me and my gf got kicked off last night, still cant log on our characters

Have you tried changing your password as suggested by Dottie?

yep i tried it

Sounds like a ticket is the only way to go from here I am afraid, I’m all out of quick fixes.

i opened a ticket 2 hours ago still no answer but i found a solution cancel subscription.

Hey!

I don’t know if that’s a real solution. You say you have been waiting for 2 hours for an answer to your ticket, where the wait times are more around a day. Also, advertising that you’re cancelling your subscription definitely won’t get you help any faster.

Have you tried to open a Character stuck - can’t move ticket? They are often prioritized, and it could be that your character needs that bit of extra “oomph” to unlock it. You can file one here: https://battle.net/support/help/wf/wow/197/834

Can I have your golds? If you are cancelling, you no longer need them.

You could play another character until it’s looked into.

Did you try a stuck option without a ticket the link above?

They can’t get to their main to send it.

You will get a reply to your ticket - make sure you’ve included everything you’ve already tried. Cancelling your subscription won’t happen until the sub is due to renew.

4 days still no answer to my ticket