Characters who enter the tbc realm should not have the gold they acquired throughout classic

The Title says it. Change my mind

3 Likes

We don’t have to as your opinion has no effect on what Blizzard decided.

11 Likes

On one hand it would be the best start for a healthy economy (I’m not implying it WILL lead to a healthy economy, but it’s probably the best start).

On the other hand, it would nullify the efforts that people made to obtain their gold, which is unfair. And no, you cannot use bought gold as an argument.

Therefore : it would be a nice decision if everyone agrees to it, which is obviously not the case. Hence, it is a wrong decision, as it would cause unjustice to some.

1 Like

You never went into an expansion without any gold (well, some did, that was due to their own doing). Why would it or should it be any different for TBC Classic?

1 Like

Because the economy is ducked?

just leveling in tbc from 60 - 70 makes about 3k gold without extra effort of using profs or selling stuff on ah. So what is the worry?

If u save the last 2 zones to quest in at max level, thats another 2k gold or more.

SO if anything, just remove all of tbc because it adds too much gold into the economy… oh wait…

Yes? And? Nothing new.

No person ever said “change my mind” in good faith. Not on social media, at least

4 Likes

If i give you 50.000 gold, im sure you change your mind.

7 Likes

I wouldnt because it would be boring as hell lol

This again?

You couldn’t post in the existing threads about this? You wanted to be an edgy little :snowflake:, right? Ofc you do.

You’ll be hard pressed to find a lot of people agreeing with you there because people have been preparing for TBC since classic launched. You being (presumably) poor and complaining about it won’t help.

Yes the economy is a bit screwed but blame Blizz for that, not the players. Not banning bots can do that to a game.

I like the fact that I’m prepared for tbc with some gold. Most gold making methods in TBC are known already, just like the ZG boost was known beforehand on Classic.

Who would most benefit from a goldwipe you think? I’m gonna answer that for you since I have a feeling you’re not that fast. The botters that can run free for 6+ months, not the regular players.

Ofc not. People like this are not capable of having an open-minded discussion, they just wanna feel entitled and will bash away wildly at anyone remotely challenging their fragile point. Kinda like the antivaxers on fb.

5 Likes

If the characters should not have their gold from Classic then they shouldn’t have anything from Classic, no gear no level nothing.

I felt that maybe somekind of gold limit would be nice like 10k per character not account. A complete wipe is nonsense. Gold as gear and level was earned throughout the game, at least for the majority anyway.
As to bots, they will keep on botting anyway. The only difference will be in gold real money value. The same people will spend the same money but get more or less gold for it that would be the same in the economy context.

The only issue will be in case of Gbid runs in TBC. New players then would be forced/tempted to buy gold as farming it will take too long.
Rather that this, new players should be able to get enough gold for whatever they need. An inflated economy works both way as you can not only buy high but sell high too.

Disagree
If someone enters TBC with like 1k gold, that’s fine
If someone enters TBC with 100k gold, that’s different
Deleting everyone’s gold is a bad idea
A cap might be better, but tbh will it really change anything? If anything, people who lost a lot of money will probs be more likely to buy virtual moolah with le real moolah

4 Likes

Best option is for you to move to a dead server, and level and prepare for tbc there, in an economy that doesnt exist, but i guess you wouldnt wanna lose your progression on your own characters - how could you expect that of other people who have actually been preparing?

3 Likes

Because he believed the trailer and thought we were not prepared

3 Likes

I am beginning to be convinced that all the “gold reset” advocates are in fact disguised botters who want there to be more demand for their “services”, because that’s all that a reset would achieve in a long run. More “business” at launch.

4 Likes

And that’s why we need fresh TBC servers.

You don’t enter the TBC realms, all current realms are converted to it.

What should they do with it? Throw it down a grate? Give it to a beggar? Spend it all on 1000 minipets?

Nah not a botter but Idk about you but its kinda stupid when on the first day people already fly and are completly maxed out in professions etc because they botted or stockpiled tens of thousands of gold dont you think?