Chilling Winds

Chilling winds I feel adds a bit of immersion. But so much more could be done with it to make it a more memorable part of the pre-patch event and be a bit of an ‘OH S***’ moment for the player base who experience it.

Pre-expansion periods are a great time to bring the immersion in before players head out on a ‘Players will win’ adventure. Don’t be afraid to annoy a portion of the player base when preparing for the next big adventure.

I would like to see the effect be more permanent to the zone, but the debuff to stack increasing in damage and frequency the damage is dealt. Maybe up to a maximum cap of 25% max HP per 5 seconds.

This would mean the Bonfires would play a more important Role, removing the debuff, buffing players damage by 25% meaning they can get in and out of the storm faster dealing with their scourge targets or their dailies. But then the 90% frost damage reduction serving the players extended time required to kill the resurrected world bosses. But also allow players to enter the Vrykul buildings, caves, Argent Tournament tents, the spires and scourge structures to slowly reduce the stacks and stop the damage.

Just a thought, I’d love to see more threatening environments to deal with to make the world feel more immersive whilst fighting our way through the scourge waiting for our opportunity to enter the Shadowlands.

On my Pally I take no damage at it from all… so I think I’m missing out on something here lol. I can’t be the only one with shield mechanics, it seems pointless.

It must be permanent and its damage must hit harder for pre-patch.

Pre-expansion periods are a great time to bring the immersion in before players head out on a ‘Players will win’ adventure. Don’t be afraid to annoy a portion of the player base when preparing for the next big adventure.

I agree. Rekt us pls

I only saw this buff today…it’s not scary, I’m not looking for a fire I have a crap 30 second shield passive that doesn’t’ even worry about it. This is pandering to cry babies…make the thing scary, find shelter or die!

this debuff does absolutely nothing, yesterday i was with alot of people waiting for rare and no one took damage from chilling winds.