Chinese Farmer Teams Destroying TBC

So, apart from the obvious bot issues in TBC, there seems to be teams of farmers taking over certain high gold/hr spots. For instance, Throne of Kil’jaiden, the best farm in the game.
Here there are 15-20 non-guilded green geared mages and druids (hordes and alliance) that play like a hive, to keep all others out of the spot. If you kill one, 5 other show up in seconds, camping you til you leave.
This happens round the clock, 24/7.

10 Likes

Seems that someone ia playing on a pvp server and regrets hes decision, time for server transfer.

4 Likes

Gather stronger team and kick em out. Or play on PvE server and mob tag. At least these are players and not bots.

I made a thread about this in classic on my other character (dwarf rogue) regarding the hinterlands. I was repeatedly ganking the same bot over and over and then suddenly this unguilded squad of undead rogues turn up and start trying to kill me. They were clearly defending the bot. They were really, really bad but I couldn’t kill them as I had crap gear so I kept escaping, but every time I tried to gank the bot again, they would appear.

3 Likes

how about rise up to the challenge instead of whining about players playing the game in an organized manner? Just kick the crap out of them!

Now another problem raises - When wow ends as a hobby and start as a full time job.

The point here is not that other players are not able to gather forces and kick them out, but once you do that, they ll come back when your group is disbanded / scattered while farming. It is very tedious to fight something like this, when you have limited time playing for fun vs unlimited time + being payed for that.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed these gold farmers also. Thought they were bots first but they ganged up on me and chased me for like 15 minutes on their 60% ground mount (lvl 70s).
I knew they weren’t bots, but none of them responded when I tried communicating.

Could very well be bots and their handlers assume control to “deal with players”
Had some instances of that in guild

That is true, but you cant really prohibit people playing full time and collaborating now can you? If people wanted to get rid of these full time job players they should a) stop buying gold b) stop watching and donating to streamers. If you cut the money streams of such full time players they wont be playing full time. As long as people keep especially buying gold this kind of a behavior isnt going anywhere tbh.

I mean, if there wouldnt be bots there would be neckbeareds instead - right? The 58 boosts are “good” becuase “Mages would have boosted people anyway” - right?

There’s a thin line between bots and neckbeards.

No, you cant prohibit that. It is like playing football with friends and sudenly there are professinal players competing against you.
A ) You can try to compete against them ( that mostly destroys the fun of playing, because you simply cant match with them )
B ) You can pay them to play with you
C ) You can politely asked them to leave ( this really does not work on the internet :smiley: )

So in the end, people who wanna play and enjoy the game are screwed either way :smiley:

The thing is, where do you draw the line of “people who are just enjoying” and “people who shouldnt be able to play cause they play too much or group too much or w/e excuse you find”? After you draw the line to lets say group of 5, then there will be people complaining about groups of 5 being too big and they say okay only solo. Then they will complain about people being more tryhard and then they I guess ban tryhard players :D? Then another complain is found and on and on the little circle goes until theres nothing left I guess?

All in all, everyone has a subjective view of what is too much and what is not but it doesnt mean we should start restricting the essentials of the game because of those views. As said, if you want to get rid of organized gold farmers, stop buying gold or rise up to the challenge.

I guess thats kinda right, but … It really does suck to be on server with this , mafia , where payed people are farming top spots 24/7, trying to get almost monopol on resources, thus forcing you to do illegal stuf ( buying gold ) to actually be able to play the game ( I know I exagerrated a bit, but you got the point, right ? )

Any older iteration of wow will suffer of this, because they were not created nor prepared for this kind of soulless gaming.

Theres always an option to change server for a more peaceful one. Im sure theyll welcome casuals with open arms. :slight_smile:

What makes you think they are Chinese? I’m seeing more RMT advertising in Swedish than in English.

1 Like

Thats where you know that its bots/gold sellers. most of them only have either no mount or 60% on any given level :smiley:

Gather some bruddas and corpsecamp em back to stoneage.

I saw a documentary about gold farming just before the release of classic, they showed their team meeting and discussion of farming strategy, when the interviewer asked them why they do it the team leader responded that there will be a huge demand and there is nothing wrong with providing a service people want.

Chinese and people in less wealthy areas actually make a living even today by farming gold, farming gold in wealthy nation like sweden seems pointless unless it’s botting.

1 Like

I don’t care, they make craft and consumables less gold. win win. Thanks gold farmer ! We love you. I don’t have time to waste to mindlessly kill elemental. I did that 10 years ago, I don’t want anymore, especially when zone are crowded with Rogue waiting in stealth to kill you, or Hunter BM just sending their pet on you …

Then why play the game again?

Bots don’t improve the economy in any way. They ruin it with huge gold inflation by selling massive amounts of gold. Eventually the prices will be sky high like they were at the end of classic

1 Like