Choices and Meaningful Choices / SL is gonna be bad

trust me… there will always be meta gaming… this is reality… this is how nowadays gaming works
and Blizz don’t understand this

1 Like

What are you talking about? Shadowmeld is basically irrelevant to the raiding population, which is what the snippet you quote was about.

The original cause for the current raiding population imbalance was racials imbalance: this was even discussed and admitted by the Devs themselves.

Yes I can.

Everyone seems to think they are going to make or break your class. If anything the differences between them are less impactful then racials… and if they arn’t thats more about that ability needing balancing over removing or changing the whole system.

Azerite traits were way more impactful to how your class performed then any covenant ability I have seen.

that’s true
but u can swap Azerite traits and gear with other traits to be optimal in every content… you can’t do this with covenant

I can’t believe there are actual people who unironically think that making so many layers of power that even the high-end can’t bother with it will keep the casuals interested. Nothing better than systems so convoluted that it’s impossible to even begin to have the slightest idea what’s going on with your character, right?

1 Like

The problem is, it doesn’t take so much until even Blizzard has no idea what’s happening anymore. That’s how you get a system where e.g. having more gems leads to having less performance…

1 Like

I apologize I miss read your post.

Yes, but that’s somewhat my point. Most people do not switch their race to be optimal in every content.

If (and I’ll give you its a pretty important if) in the weeks after SL it turns out that everyone needs to go Maldraxxus for PvP because you would be crippling yourself not too, or… or everyone needs to go Venthyr for M+ because you will be crippling your group if you don’t; then realistic blizzard have failed to balance them correctly.

I’m not saying I have faith in blizzard to get this right… but then I would also expect balancing to occur. Blizzard have seen the reaction of the community, hopefully they are making efforts to get this right first time… but its not a reason to just go nope and give up before they even try.

Pretty sure Ion even hinted if all else fails then as a last resort they will unlock them, but they want to try and make it work.

It is very easy to change, its hard to change back.

The necrolord ability is a bolt that hits the enemy and empowers my next 3 drain soul/shadow bolt/incinerate casts so much that it becomes the hardest hitting ability by far and even increases with missing target health… on a 45 second cooldown.

Night fae ability is a dot that makes my drain life hit 3 extra targets. So I can maybe sometimes heal myself slightly faster and hit 4 targets with the damage equivalent of a wet noodle, instead of one. Oh It also slightly increases the damage those 4 targets take by me… on a 1 minute cooldown. Unless I play a specific spec with a specific talent which makes it somewhat good, this is nowhere near the necrolord one even if they nerfed it by 100%. I’ve played with both.

If I go night fae and another warlock goes necrolord, they are going to absolutely dwarf my DPS in every type of content. I’m not going to go night fae no matter how cool they seem to me if it’s going to make such a difference.

1 Like

Then get on the warlock forums and shout about how this needs balancing?

Everybody knows
balance=bad
chaos=good
peak rpg=yes

caring about performance is a sin.

It’s easy to change, but you’ll have to grind a lot to get to the renown cap.

The problem is that it is a general problem. This is not only for warlocks the issue.

This doesn’t need balancing this needs revamping. I and many other don’t even find the night fae ability fun to use. It’s just doesn’t do anything. It’s just one example in a heap of abilities. Me going on the dead class forums is not going to make a difference when there’s content creators having entire detailed video series and google docs dedicated to class design feedback providing them directly to Blizzard. It’s too niche of an issue to be noticed.

In any case, racials are NOT comparable to covenant abilities in terms of power. Some racials are OP in some niche cases… and most don’t even affect DPS.

many high-end players changed their minds… this is not gonna be the case, fortunately :smiley:

i have lost trust to blizz from start of BFA and all thru BFA they kept failing and failing… and they killed Sub rogue at start of BFA and never did anything about it

I’m hoping for this… because i wanna choose different combiations for other content (pvp, raid, m+) and be competitive in every content and not be crippled because i have chosen to be good in only one

it’s just sad how they keep doing things that are bad.

1 Like

Of course not, and there are plenty of threads I’ve seen about it on the different class forums. I’m not going to claim to be an expert in all classes. Personally I think the Paladin abilities are fairly well balanced.

But personally I don’t think this entire system should lose the impact and player choice its going to have just because of balance issues. Blizz have state multiple times that balancing is the last thing they do.

Do I except them to get it right on release? No. But I still expect they will balance it.

Few weeks back people picked up on the Night Fae soulbind that gave you shadowmeld… everyone went nutz over it… blizz changed it… what wasn’t mentioned was that it had pretty much been there since the start… even when everyone was calling out the Venthyr teleport as being op in M+

Indeed, we don’t even know how this is going to play out till we get there… maybe covenants will cause a shift in player expectations towards what we expect people to have (I doubt it)… but it may end up just not being that big of a deal.

People (Youtuber’s especially) tend to make everything sound extreme to get clicks and get responses and get likes. All I am saying is I have seen nothing that broken in this system… and anything that is will hopefully get balanced out!.. (eventually)

How about we don’t reinvent the wheel every expansions and avoid dealing with months of broken systems every patch? Evene better, don’t create system with the sole intention to fix non-issues.

Because I want something different to do and experience. I know its an unpopular opinion for some, but borrowed power changes up the experience and gives something new and fresh to do.

Hopefully
Eventually

That’s a pretty low bar for an AAA company who has been developing the same game for 15 years.

2 Likes