Choosing a class for a Dark Iron Dwarf

Hi everyone, I am about to get exalted with the 7th Legion, already have the “Ready for War” achievement so I am gonna make my first alt, which is going to be a Dark Iron Dwarf.

The thing is, should I play a class depending on what heirlooms I already own ? Or should I play a class that is doing fine in BfA ? And if you guys have anything in mind, I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance ! Have a great week !

There’s a lot of reasons to pick a class. I wouldn’t pick a class because it is ‘doing well in BFA’ since we’re quite late in the expansion, and I also don’t think I’d pick one based on heirlooms - if for no other reason than I’ve found I enjoy leveling more WITHOUT them, but that’s probably just me!

The most important point to hit on is probably what “feels” the most fitting. Rogue is a good option, but you have one of those already! Warrior and Paladin suit the Dark Iron nature of getting in there and giving them the old what-for, Shamans are tied more into the Dark Iron’s role in the Alliance, etc.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer, appreciate it !

It is true that I’m considering between a Shaman and a Paladin, since both looks like fun and have more than 1 role.

2 Likes

I went with fire mage on mine. With the red tint of lava in my beard and hair, and the core hound mount it just totally made sense.
Their racials work quite well for it as well considering melee is the bane of my existence, with the 1% reduced physical damage (not much, but hey I’ll take it), and converting bleeds into power.
Shaman isn’t a bad choice either! Personally I found Paladin to be a bit on the boring side, but there’s always the 110 class trial if you get really stuck on which option to choose.

1 Like

Dark Iron Paladins are cool. Their mount is excellent and they are sort of like Inquisitorial Police that enforce the strict Dark Iron rule-of-law. They aren’t really Light Worshippers, more incredibly order obsessed SWAT teams that use some sort of Light-like Magic, most likely connected to fire in some way.

1 Like

They are though.

Dark Iron Dark Shaman.

2 Likes

Depending on how many alts you have I would go with “what class don’t I have? do I want to dps, heal, tank, be ranged or melee?” that usually narrows it down a bit. If you’re going purely on what fits the race, I’d say rogue, fire mage, shadow priest, shaman or warrior. But honestly, all of them makes sense in it’s own way.

Don’t worry much about heirlooms. If you’re short on cash, just grab your lvl 120, set raid difficulty to mythic, and burst through some WoD/Cata raids for quick, easy money. Just one raid of Hellfire Citadel will probably buy you a full set of heirloom bling, and it can be done in about 20 minutes if you’re slow.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your tips, it helped me a lot !

We’ll want to know what you’ve decided, when you do! :smiley:

warlock, every expansion’s last patch we get to dominate and 8.3 is coming soon

1 Like

Paladin gives you a sweet ram mount, which is an argument in itself.

Just pick whatever you like the best gameplay and class fantasy-wise.
Heirlooms are good for when you’re leveling for over a dozenth time and you just want to get through it.
Never not pick a class because you don’t have heirlooms appropriate for them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.