Clarification - Hardware Boxing

I see this Blue response here about hardware boxing:

Then I see this posted:

So which is the correct answer?

Very unreliable reply here, but I was told that when news about incoming bans was spreading, practically everyone, even non-software users, were getting banned. Their stuff was reinstated immediately when they appealed.

I know “a guildie told me” is not very foolproof, but it is all I know.

I feel if you Alt+Tab between windows and get penalized, you will have a smooth acceptance of appeal. Wouldn’t suggest using any outside software.

I do not believe this forum can give any answers. But it seems like hardware multiboxers try to go around TOS and it is NOT same like not breaking TOS. In clear words they still break rules via game distribution. But like I said this is Not a place to get legit info about it.

I think Blizzard need to be clear on what is/isn’t allowed because different things are being said by them.

1 Like

i would take Vrakthis’s word for it. he’s the man!

they just banned the software, boxxing is still allowed

1 Like

I think it seems pretty clear. You can use macros in the client, like combing different spells and effects into a single button push. You can’t broadcast a single button push to 5 separate clients at once.

1 Like

Consider it like this - 1 click 1 action.

Yeah, so you can alt-tab to type /follow and that’s about it. So maybe the person I saw before wasn’t a scumbag, maybe just using /follow. Okay I take back my scumbag comment… for now. Although they sure looked like multiboxxers cause they were all druids in tree form. Which implies multiboxing.

Blizzard need to make a clear statement about it all. There are reports that people are getting banned regardless of how they are sending keystrokes to multiple clients.

If you are concerned about it, I would wait and see what happens before doing anything. By which I mean, don’t use any method that controls more than one character simultaneously. Multiboxing but controlling each character one at a time, even if you are really fast, is fine and using /follow is fine. But, if you press 1 once and it makes 2+ characters cast an ice bolt then you’re taking a risk right now.

3 Likes

That’s what I got from reading the OP. I’m very happy to see them finally doing something about it.

1 Like

People trying to nit pick the TOS when it’s pretty evident Blizzard doesn’t want people having single keystroke actions automated across multi characters… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

People seem to overlook the fact that computer hardware doesn’t run itself, software runs it. If you’ve got a device configured in its software to automate multi-boxing then its no different from a program running in windows/linux/whatever.

You can easily for example make a few virtual machines, get some of these 3-key minikeyboards and connect these with lets say a stick or a ruler or whatever so when you push you push all keyboards keys pretty much the sqme time. Then set the virtual machines so each has its own mini keyboard assigned.

Thats hardware broadcasting that blizzard simply cant ban because you are not using any software at all. If using virtual machines is a problem for blizzard you can still just buy a few computers instead and do the same

You could, there are some people who say that they use virtual machines and have them all configured (mapped) to the one keyboard. That’s one of the ways people software automate by virtual machines.

I think they might be able to pick up on that with logs.

I honestly feel for you as I’ve seen you post on multiboxing before and I believe you’re a benign multiboxer.

Sadly it seems to be a case where “this is why we can’t have nice things” where people who were having fun with this got it ruined because other people decided to exploit gathering nodes and be all disruptive with it.

1 Like

If you report him you will get fancy letter on mail but in game .I already got 3 this eeek

1 Like

For me what I don’t understand from multiboxers . Is idea to play mmo game with other human , kinda strange… :wink:

Some people were not drawn to WoW because it’s an MMO but rather despite it’s an MMO.

1 Like