Class decision

Hi all,
So I am interested in starting playing retail again but I’m concerned that picking a certain class, or should I say the wrong class will rule me out of certain content, and I’m not even sure what content it is that I am looking to do yet?
Is this really the way it seems? Do certain classes just get ruled out of some content when they hit max level?
I know having a guild/friends will solve some of this but I just don’t want to invest a lot of time only to have to start over.

Thanks

“Ruled out” is definitely too strong. But it is a real thing. If you’re picking a group of strangers, other things being equal, do you pick the strongest or the weakest spec this patch?

But it also applies differently in different activities, and at different levels. A spec (not class) that is disfavoured this patch will have a hard time getting a PuG for an M+20, but no problem getting a spot in a +5, or a Normal SoD.

And ofc the devs throw darts at the board every patch to decide what to buff and what to nerf.

The good news is that we are more than halfway through the expansion, and it is unlikely that there will be any drastic changes before the end, so any choice you make now should see you safe at least until the next expansion.

Have a look at

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/25/

and select the kind of Keystone level you will be aiming for.

DON’T look at just the performance metrics. DO look at the number of Parses underneath as well - those tell you how popular a spec is.

Same for the raid, below:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28/#difficulty=3

Really, truly, honestly, unless you are pushing for very high competitive ranking, you are better to choose something you enjoy than something you don’t, no matter what the current rankings and perceptions are.

1 Like

I would say go for what you enjoy and find people to play with that are aiming for the same thing.
You can always make a new character if you find out this wasn’t for you atm.

Good luck in your choice and hope you’ll have fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.