Class design is at its worst

I must thank forums - no really. I would have not tried BfA survival without those topics and I am completely in love with the new and modern Survival hunter. Did not like the Legion one too much and this coming from someone, who in vanilla did play it as melee/ranged hybrid in PvP.

This BfA survival is amazingly one of the coolest melee specs I have ever played this expansion. I would actually roll to it full time if I’d not be a tank.

Survival hunters biggest problem is that it is a melee spec of a class people tend to pick for its ranged gameplay, whereas I am primarily melee player, who feels best when slaping things with big two hander.

I am like kid in candystore and I wish that I would have tried this spec in BfA sooner. It is absolutely one of my most favourite things.

No, i am not trolling, this is genuine enthusiasm I did not know I can have in BfA anymore. :hugs:

After they enrfed their damage by 50%+ so they would have to fight with the two tanks for dps…

Nice selective digging! After they enrfed their damage for 6.2 by 50%+! So if I nerf ret damage by 75% then next patch I can go: “See nobody wants a dps paladin! Just delete the spec and make it a 2nd healer spec!”.

1 Like

You don’t really have to be strict to understand. PvP players simply have to use more tools to survive, crowd control and set up kills to win and by making classes more simple the gap between a good and bad player is less obvious

The basic rotation is not much to brag about but can you say a class that are more unique than a Demon Hunter outside the rotation. This is why I loved play Demon Hunter in PvE. All classes are quite simple and boring in their PvE rotation so for me it boils down how a class works outside the rotation.

1 Like

problem with surv (other then the fact that people that play hunter usually want to play ranged) is that it’s another melee spec that doesn’t bring a specific utility and only adds to the already overpopulated melee population. Seeing as spots for melee are also harder to come by it certainly wasn’t a good idea to lose a ranged spec in favor of yet another melee. That’s why i really hope they reintroduce the old survival but as a 4th spec as to not reverse the role of who lost the spec they liked.

A bit off-topic but Id love it if theyd allow survival hunters to dual wield. It’s a bit lame how we encounter all these hunter NPCs who are dual wielding(the orc in that scenario where you rescue Baine, the world boss with the white tiger pet somewhere in Zuldazar) yet we’re basically stuck with two handed weapons.

TBH, it could be just a mog, doubt anyone would really notice. Same way TG fury warriors should have the option to mog their 2 handed weapons into 1 handed weapons.

WoD was the start of what RUINED ret paladins! Maybe many of you can’t remember but Hammer of Wrath used to be a spell that was only usable as an execute that hit like an absolute truck! if you was fighting a paladin and you dropped to low you just knew that there was a glowing hammer about to come flying your way as you tried to run that would instantly end your life.

This WoD garbage of spamminghammers in wings totally ruined hammer of wrath, it still to this day hits like a wet noodle because the damage was dramatically scaled down to compensate being able to cast it during wings and not just a finisher.

This is one of the many classes that’s been totally ruined over time, but butchering hammer of wrath for me was this biggest mistake / impact on class design over the years.

agreed.

ww’s design is the worst it has ever been.

2 Likes

Sigh… Hammer of Wrath becoming usable during Avenging Wrath was added in Cata prepatch. Not in WOD. Hammer of Wrath never hit THAT hard as you say, but its advantage was that it was ranged ability and bypassed armor and resistances. In TBC when it was added , it had cast time and decent damage, but not crazy execute damage like Warrior for example. In Wrath it had high crit chance and had talent that made it instant cast. But again, it wasnt some insane damage. Also adding Hammer of Wrath to Avenging Wrath was one of best and most logical decisions they could make. It helped with Holy Power build up and reduced downtime retri paladins used to have.

1 Like

Wow, I am of the complete opposite opinion! I think the outlaw gave rogues a much more distinct third aesthetic, as “combat” wasn’t really a theme. In Legion it went a bit too strong on the pirate theme, but the swashbuckler/sword and pistol aesthetic is really cool and I hope they’ll give us more ranged abilities. I love the concept of “mid-range” and I think outlaw does this best at the moment.

As for disc, I loved the idea of atonement-healing. I didn’t like how they changed healing in WLK, but modern disc is different. Its the most fun healer at the moment.

And as for ret? Really liked it in Cata. Today, I don’t really like it. Unlike outlaw rogues there’s no flow :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

On the flipside I’ve completely abandoned my hunter when they made surv a melee spec that is in my opinion both dull and unneeded.

Completely agree Des.

1 Like

I agree i mean outlaw rogue has become one of my favorate spec’s in the game and i have even got over the rng aspect of it, its just a fun spec to play.
But there are a lot of classes that i have yet to get past lvl 110 because the design just isnt well done or they feel to similar to other specs in the game that they are like a carbon copy.

I don’t know if sites like world of wargraphs are believable, but if they are all we need to do is look at the number of people that rerolled when legion came, if you go and see in both pve and pvp hunters lost more people then any other class when legion came out, i don’t think that’s a coincidence.

1 Like

I totally agree. As rogue main for years iv never been so conflicted in to choosing what spec to play. Assassination is of course by far the best, but the gameplay is so boring to me, but then again i like sub rogue which sucks too hard. And then there is outlaw ofcourse a big meh… the only thing i like about outlaw is the thunder furry appearance. Vanilla rogues are so much more fun wear what ever kind of one hand weapon you like !!! Bring it back and the old talent system!!!

I actually used to main WW in MoP. It’s been nothing but ruined since MoP, starting with WoD in my opinion. Can’t even touch it anymore.

1 Like

actually no i hadnt, i saw a video covering that Ion had said it. but the video presentation was not shown… that does give more clarification to whats intended thankyou.

1 Like

Yeah cat my mistake but it was made worse in wod.

And yes it did hit that hard, 99/100 it would kill you it WAS purely a finisher.

Point is they ruined it, it’s no longer unique and has no real purpose.

1 Like

Well whether it would kill someone depended on that someones HP, if u use it when enemy is on 5% hp, it would kill them. If you use immediately on 20%, it wouldn’t. Also it depends which iteration you talk about. In TBC it was in Holy part of Paladin spellbook and it scaled of spell power. So for Shockadins it did hit kinda decently, but for Retris not that hard as Retri wouldn’t have much spell power.Also it had cast time so in arenas people could easily kite and LOS it. Later in Wrath it was put into Retri tree, made it scale with both Spell power and Attack power and Retri got talent to get Spell power based on % of its Attack power. It was also given talent to make it instant cast and talent to increase its crit chance by 50%. But again, it didn’t hit more than 6-7% of someones HP.

They didn’t ruin it. They improved it. Making Hammer of WRATH usable during Avenging WRATH was nice touch. It reduced our downtime, made our rotations more fluid. Its our strongest Holy Power builder that deals Holy damage, its ranged, it benefits fully from mastery.

Also in what way was it unique? More than half classes pre Cata had some sort of execute: Warrior Execute, Hunter Kill Shot, Paladin Hammer of Wrath, Mage had talent to do more damage to targets under 35%, warlock had free fast cast soul fires under 35%.

1 Like

Legion was pretty good(and id say best spec legion had,or atleast one of best),but then they nerfed the boots to only reduce cost of Fof by 1 instead of 2. And Then nerfed the set bonuses from NH,from 3 to 1sec reduction on RSK which made gameplay lot slower/poorer. and kind of Broke Serinity build as then couldnt do all youd want in it anymore(together with wrists that extended it).
Made serenity restore CD’s after ended,like if FoF had 6seconds left instead of staying 6 it would become 12 Seconds.
It was Pretty well designed spec,but they only kept making it worse design/play wise each patch >.>

I want back my mop/wod monk playing style.

2 Likes

I agree, i miss have unique builds and i miss when my paladin was fun. Imo they should add loads of abilities but make us choose like the pvp talents. they the could add gear that augments them and add flavour by making the talent stronger or different. It may even force you to pick a talent you may not use but the gear makes it interesting.