Class design

Class design is horrible and pvp is in a terrible place because of it. This combined with atrocius pvp gearing makes for one lousy experience. This game is a far cry from what it was in MoP.

7 Likes

While I can agree, it would be preferable with some elaboration on which class designs are horrible.

Why should I? Have done that before, too much work for too little gain.

Mage in general is absolutely criminally bad, as an example.

3 Likes

To be honest you’d have to go through the half of the roster.

4 Likes

Yeah… I was hoping for him/her to elaborate so that it could perhaps look like a better thread rather than just a generic crying one.

Nah, I´m crying cause I am frustrated by the state of the game. I´m getting ready to quit again. Well RiP WoW 2005-2014

6 Likes

Its always great to see such great “feedback”

x, y or z is Bad because its bad. no explanation or anything. its just bad.

4 Likes

YES indeed, all hail sgasgasrasgrsg

3 Likes

You mean when every class was homogenised and could all do everything? I hated that personally, but to each their own.

1 Like

Mop was the best addon we had. It was casual centered and pvp was way more balanced. But nowadays it’s all about the boost and token sells

3 Likes

I give you an example.

Paladins don’t have group buffs anymore.
Even though we were the buff class…

Crusader strike hits less then a auto attack and doesn’t scale with mastery.

Warrior iconic abilities Rend and cleave are only talents now.

Stuff like this shows how “great” class design is.

I’m sure there are many other examples for other classes.

6 Likes

Class design is not the main reason why PvP is rubbish but ok. WoW has always been PvE centric, PvP modes are just tacked on. If you want proper PvP then play Classic and do open world PvP on a server that has such a community.

Also lol at “RIP WoW 2005 - 2014”. Are we just going to act like Cataclysm and MoP weren’t heavily criticised when they were current content? MoP only got good towards the end and Cata made a lot of people quit and many never came back. It’s what kicked off the decline after the game’s peak in Wrath. It was also when they started to “dumb down” classes and is the progenitor to what we have now.

1 Like

One of the reasons why class design is bad is that there are way too many damage multipliers going on making damage during cooldowns insanely high and outside of them weak. An example would be frost dks killing machine proc.

Your auto attack critical strikes have a chance to make your next Obliterate deal FROST damage and critically strike.

What this means is that not only will it ignore targets armor but it will also scale with dks mastery which is around 50% in full gear. So lets say your obliterate hits for 5000 (-30% from armor) so 3500 normal obliterate hit. Killing machine obliterate would do 5000 +50% from mastery +100% from guaranteed crit so that would be 15000, so that is more than 4 times the damage difference on the same ability just from 1 proc. Now add all the cooldowns into it especially with the Obliteration talent that grants you pretty much perma killing machine during burst and the damage just becomes crazy.

Almost every other class in shadowlands suffers from this like ret paly, fire mage, ww, convoke druids etc. What this translates to in pvp is everyone one-shotting each other during cooldowns and then the game becomes stale and nothing is happening when they end.

1 Like

These are the specs i really like

Demonology warlock/destroction warlock
Fury warrior
Protection/holy paladin
Blood DK

These i hate right now cause i don’t feel good playing them
and these are my favorite ones
it’s like blizzard knew i like them and that’s why they changed them :smiley:

Balance druid was best in ( cata/mop/legion)
Ret paladin was best in (mop/wod)
Ele/enha shaman was best in (cata/mop/wod)
Shadow priest (cata/mop/wod/legion)

3 Likes

agree with mop and wod one, but cata was horrible for me as enha.

1 Like

Really? Homogenised?

Which class had a Shadowflame like spell? Which class had a Pandemic like spell? Which class had a Soul Swap like spell? Which class had a talent like Blood Fear?

3 Likes

Every class had mobility, damage CDs, self healing, damage reduction CDs, mobility and some form of casting whilst moving.

MoP was the most homogenised expansion this game has ever had. So yes, really.

Are you a time traveler or why are you still counting from 2014?

MoP is incredibly overrated.

1 Like

Class design was fantastic in MoP. That is a fact.

3 Likes