Class Tuning Incoming – 30 November

We’re working on a slate of tuning adjustments for several classes that will be applied to the live game with scheduled weekly maintenance on 30 November. Please note: this weekly maintenance period is a day after Dragonflight content becomes available.

Demon Hunter

• Havoc
    • Burning Wound Immolation Aura damage bonus reduced to 40% (was 50%).
    • Know Your Enemy (Talent) critical damage bonus reduced to 40/80% of your critical strike chance (was 50/100%).
    • Any Means Necessary (Talent) damage bonus for affected skills reduced to 80% of your Mastery: Demonic Presence bonus (was 100%).

Paladin

• Of Dusk and Dawn has been adjusted:
    • Blessing of Dawn now increases damage and healing by 5% (was 6%). Duration increased to 20 seconds.
    • Blessing of Dusk duration increased to 20 seconds.
    • Seal of Order now increases healing the healing and damage of your Holy Power spending abilities by 8% (was 10%) during Blessing of Dawn.
  • Protection
    • Word of Glory healing increased by 40% for Protection Paladins.
    • Light of the Titans healing increased by 40%.

Priest

• Discipline
    • The duration of the Harsh Discipline buff effect has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).

Rogue

• Outlaw
    • Dispatch damage reduced by 5%
    • Dreadblades (Talent) duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds) and Energy cost reduced to 40 (was 50).

Warrior

• Arms
    • Seasoned Soldier now also grants 10% reduced damage to area effect damage.
    • Battlelord now also increases the damage of Overpower by 25% at all times.
    • Martial Prowess increases the damage of Mortal Strike by 30% per stack (was 25%).
    • Exhilarating Blows chance to reset Mortal Strike or Cleave increased to 20% (was 15%).
    • Fatal Mark damage increased by 20%.
    • Fueled by Violence now heals for 65% of the damage dealt by deep wounds (was 50%).
    • Mortal Strike damage increased by 3.5%.

Player versus Player

Rogue

• Recuperator effectiveness is no longer reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
  • Echoing Reprimand damage is no longer reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
  • Reverberation damage is no longer reduced by 33% in PvP combat.
  • Outlaw
    • Killing Spree damage is no longer reduced by 20% in PvP combat.
    • Pistol Shot damage is no longer reduced by 16% in PvP combat.
  • Subtlety
    • Mastery: Executioner effectiveness is no longer reduced by 20% in PvP combat.

How about fixing bugs in game that affects how spec performs?

Of Dusk and Dawn has been adjusted:

• Blessing of Dawn now increases damage and healing by 5% (was 6%). Duration increased to 20 seconds.

My game says it increases damage and healing by 10%, not 6%. 10% to 5% is a ludicrous nerf! :frowning:

fix the enchanting velum bug!

maldraxus arena still bugged after a month :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

According to Warcraftlogs Heroic Statistics over a range of one week these are the current DPS rankings (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#difficulty=4&aggregate=amount&sample=7):

Affliction 58,884.07
Balance 58,704.36
Beast Mastery 44,039.66
Arms 41,519.21
Unholy 41,470.55
Retribution 39,800.44
Fire 39,702.98
Outlaw 37,519.56
Enhancement 37,341.00
Havoc 36,833.12
Arcane 35,729.10
Windwalker 34,038.30
Destruction 33,622.52
Demonology 32,899.06
Frost (DK) 31,131.39
Elemental 30,042.40
Shadow 29,928.84
Fury 27,794.73
Frost (Mage) 26,617.86
Feral 26,214.44
Assassination 25,062.62
Survival 24,558.78
Devastation 21,294.12
Marksmanship 20,114.63
Subtlety 18,084.93

Why does the #8 on this ranking get nerfed? Why does the #4 get buffed? Why are Affli Locks and Balance Druids 14k DPS ahead the the rest of the pack? And no, I’m not playing either one of these classes.

How in heaven’s name can the difference between the #1 or #2 and the #24 or #25 be 40k DPS? This means three Sub Rogues or MM Hunters doing as much damage as a single Balance Druid or Affli Lock. And yes, I know MM (and SV) just got buffed by 10% (5%) a few days ago. But looking at these statistics that’s nothing more than a joke.

I know some will argue this is Heroic not Mythic, but I think the specs’ damage is better reflected by Heroic difficulty (maybe even Normal) instead of Mythic difficulty simply because the majority of players not playing on Mythic difficulty.

I know some will argue things will change on level 70. But if you are seriously believing the few talent point we are getting will change everything for the specs currently at the end of the food chain you are delusional.

With less than a week till DF launches this is shocking. I’ve never seen the DPS discrepancy that obvious and that bad.

1 Like

Live =/= 70.

The amount of DPS the classes do will be different at max level. Alone for the fact that we lose legos (and with that certain combos), soulbinds, different items and have lower stats in general.

A comparison to PTR data would be of more value.

You must be joking. Theres a reason why logging on heroic or normal isnt being taken seriously.

Yes there are more people logging there. There are also a bazillion people there that cant play the game whatsoever.

Its not just the points.

This is the part which quite many seem to forget at the moment.

Comparing classes on live realms at lvl 60 now is like comparing classes against each other when they are at lvl 30. Classes as they are now, do not have all the tools, talents etc available for them and there will be huge differences in power because of that. Some classes will be op when they get to combine certain talents and borrowed powers and stack all that on top of each other.

When we get to lvl 70, thats where the balacing begins to be more important. Lets wait for couple of weeks and see where the dust lands. There will always be one king and no one can be king forever.

Im personally looking at the sorry state of markmanship hunters. But for the moment I find it most pleasing class to play, for the content I play. But even if MM ends up as bottomfeeder, Im not too concerned, as when you are truly having it and shafted from the behind - there is only one way to go and thats upwards. So even if they begin being worst dps class, they are bound to get better in time. And getting buffed is always nicer than getting nerfed.

Hunter is one of the worst classes for solo shuffle.

Hunter has some of the worst raid utility.

Hunter even with the buffs has some of the worst survivability in PvE and PvP.

At least give the class some proper damage if it’s meant to have nothing else.

so, maybe for first time is not hunter OP? xD during how many of expansions it was!

Fix the game stutters.

Check this chart to see how “omg OP” hunters have been. Not even above some of the hybrid classes L M A O

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.