Class world quests , why not?

When leveling through maldraxxus and the maw , i really liked the little arena with rotating minibosses , and the ooze creation minigame, i also really liked things like the maw hunt and wrath of the jailer.
-This kind of events are really cool because it makes me feel like i’m contributing towards a common goal with other people without anyone being annoying or weird, i don’t feel like i have to perform well or do X number of dps or have to pick this or that talent, and i like that, just a cool little RP thing you can do for fun, i honestly did that and before i even know that you can get a mount from there
-One of the reasons why i really like WoW is always having that cool thing that only i can do, and i think that makes everyone feel special for that.
So why not mix these two things together , and make things like class specific events , the idea is to have a world event makes you want to go out of your way to do it ,make players interact with each other, and also reward some non player power temporary quality of life changes , maybe things like revendreth style world buffs , temporary anima powers , a weapon enchant , i already thought of some examples so let’s go:

Shaman : each week in the maelstrom, one of the different elements of earth , water , storm or fire go wild and shamans will have to defeat them, and calm them down, each type of elementals cast different spells that shamans can use different abilities to deal with water elementals cast chain heals and riptide , so casting wind shear and purge should be the priority, fire elementals take less damage from fire spells , and riptide makes you deal bonus damage to them, this seems tough to deal with but the difficulty isn’t really the point , it can be tuned down, as a reward shamans can get a blessing of X element , making them take less damage / increased healings from that school of magic

Warlock : inspired by ritual of doom, this event can happen in one of the zones where there are demons , like the Broken isles , Outland , Argus , the blasted lands , etc they can kill nearby creatures in order to collect X amount of soul shards , which they can then channel into a portal to summon a world boss , that slowly casts a powerful cataclysm ( very slow cast time ) that can kill everyone in the area , the way to win here is to cast curse of tongues, and banish , the boss will have a buff makes him immune to about 15 banishes , with each banish removing a stack , the player then chooses to either absorb a portion of the demon’s power , increasing stats for a time or to have limited time item that allows to solo summon friends or doomguards , with a limited charges and also time , then all warlocks have to exit the area within 1 minute , or they will be hostile to their faction for until they do because demon hunters are coming

and by the way , we just left a big demon there and someone needs to fix it .
after the banish expires , it’s time for demon hunters to fel rush in and have the fun of fighting the boss

something like this for death knights and paladins would be cool as well , death knights can collect limbs, heads and bodies from humanoids and other reagents from undead dungeons and zones and make a flesh giant, or maybe a giga army of the dead, and then the paladins can go and slay the undead , this can even be a really awesome pvp brawl or something
reward for death knights : for X times , you can reincarnate after dying , sort of like the shadow of death ability from wrath of the lich king , but since this is open world and only once a week or so , i don’t think this is a big deal
another potential reward for both classes is being able to attack while mounted for some time

rogues can have something like a secret mission where they go somewhere inside one of the enemy faction’s cities and either pickpocket or kill an isolated npc , this mission can include disguises and enemies that can see through stealth and then they can get a gold bounty for it , or a secret tunnel entrance like when the horde entered Stormwind to rescue Saurfang and Talanji

Warriors engage in a series of duels against only other warriors , in a torghast floor system like arena , and after winning X amount of duels they gain a buff that makes them pretty much win any duel for a day or so , could also be a reward for soloing dungeons or raids that grants them a fat shield that absorbs physical damage

hunters can participate in big hunting events and competitions in zones like ungoro and then get rewarded with massive amounts of meat and skins , and if it’s an underwater boss , they can sell the boss itself in booty bay
another element to the hunter’s fantasy is to survive , so there can be another event that randomly teleports them inside a zone of hard hitting beasts , and they can only use food that they found inside that zone , going out without dying rewards them with a week long buff

profession quests in legion and bfa were really cool too, i know profession world quests exist in shadowlands but they’re not really something i even think about, it’s too fast to finish and the reward is 10 death blossoms

I didn’t cover every class , but i’m pretty sure if the dev team likes this idea they’ll make far better things than i suggested.
I know that this might not be the best time for suggestions like this , but it has been on my mind for quite a while now and i hope one of the devs reads this and at least takes it into consideration for future content

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.