Classes are too simple now

Every class is basically just spamming the same 3-4 buttons over and over. Can you please bring back class complexity? There should be a huge skill gap between the terribad and elite players in order to keep things interesting and give players something to strive towards.

24 Likes

compared to one button dps rotation in classic?
Like frostbolt spam?
get outta here, pal

48 Likes

Agreed, i play 5 different alts at 440+ with 3 rank 3 essences simply because i get bored of the same abillities on 1 char, seems to be heavily lacking to some classes

5 Likes

Like classic has a rotation :joy:

2 Likes

I have one on my priest while leveling.

Wand x 10000

8 Likes

I know they pruned all the classes because itā€™s much easier to balance classes with 3 abilities than 20. Thereā€™s no freedom of play style anymore, everyone has to play the same way otherwise it would upset their precious balance.

5 Likes

But if someone were to be more skilled than you, you would just make another thread begging to nerf their class :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

I find the whole ā€˜you only press 4 buttonsā€™ very over simplified. I press more than just repeatedly hammering 4 buttons in an average fight.

13 Likes

Wand spec 5/5

:ok_hand: Wand op

4 Likes

To me based off azerite traits theres always 2 playstyle on most classes

For example marksman hunter, you got the good ol in the rythm x3 & then you have a steady aim build x3 which is much harder to deal damage with, but it makes the rotation different

Thanks for the tips.

:+1:

Maybe donā€™t play the class which is infamously mocked for a 2 button rotation.

7 Likes

The whole ā€œX button specā€ thing is such nonsense. Itā€™s a reactive game which means the only time you get to press such a little amount of buttons is on some basic Patchwerk fight and when is the last time we had one of those?

I mostly PvP on my DH and Iā€™m counting 22 buttons to press regularly(without counting the movement keys).

There is, guess which one you are? :thinking:

15 Likes

If you think your entire gameplay only consists of pressing 4 buttons thatā€™s a you problem :woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

Iā€™m sure Blizzard is aware of this issue and we should see some sort of change announced at Blizzcon.

In a way this over simplifying of all the classes gave them a clean slate to start adding new & old abilities once more.

While the MoP class design was fantastic, some classes had an abundance of unnecessary abilities. Think Warrior, 3 different bannersā€¦ 1 would have been enough.

Although I do have to admit I really miss spells such as Fel Flame & especially Malefic Grasp for my Warlock. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Yo show the whole tiddy tho.

1 Like

Funny to hear that from DH. Try WW Monk, you will regret and cry and will run back to the braindead Havoc.

4 buttons? Get more spells on your action bar and create a wider toolkit. People like you are calling for complexity but doesnā€™t use full potential of current setup? God.

5 Likes

Love this OP, keeps making dumb threads and keeps getting burned each time.

1 Like

By how you word it you make it seem like itā€™s bad to have a few core abilities that you use, and because of that every class plays the same.

That is stupid, the point is not that all classes have a few core abilities, the point is how similar they feel to each other, to separate abilities from each other make them do different things, which for the most part they already do.

Itā€™s only a matter of bringing back some good abilities, and introducing new ones.

For example, for enhancement shaman i would like for the next expansion to make frostbrand and flametongue weapon buffs again, and in place of those two frankly quite uninteresting abilities that feel disruptive to the rotation, reintroduce earth shock in a way that fits the rotation, what i would suggest is, earth shock is an ability with a requirement, like do x thing, and you can use earth shock with ā€œinsert value hereā€ stronger effect, so we have a good burst window ability.

There are so many good things they could introduce, and the point is not to overclutter your rotation, but much better is to make already existing abilities more interesting, and add back some of the lost utility.

There are many abilities that do nothing at all other than damage, example, obliterate has a chance to proc rime, what does icy strike does? Nothing, itā€™s just a runic power dump, i am not saying that every single ability should have something else than damage, but a few more for each spec would be appreciated.

Donā€™t really care how you do it, make new talents, make glyphs, do not care, just make something good.

1 Like

Then donā€™t play demon hunter.

1 Like